The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Goal horn song

canuckfan2012

Guest gumballthechewy

A true sports anthem but it's sort of taboo to play this anymore (and hardly anyone does) after Glitter's convictions for child molestation in South East Asia. I believe he's banned from entering some 19 countries. So I doubt you're going to hear this at Rogers Arena.

I can't believe people like Green Day.

What a garbage band, sure their first album was good but after that it all was just a bunch of terrible punk rock.

I'm good with Electric Worry, we'll never find a song everyone agrees with.

Who cares? He still made good music. Listening to his music won't make you a child molester. If the Beatles were a bunch of child molesters would they be stricken from the records? Would you stop listing to their music? That hasn't happend to Michael Jackson so why should it happen to Gary Glitter?

Do you guys forget holiday brought us to the finals?? the excitement when it came on after "Yannik Hansen to Torres SCORES!! WITH 19 SECONDS TO GO VANCOUVER HAS THE LEAD!" ... "Burrows wrap-around SCORES! ALEX BURROWS HAS DONE IT AGAIN! 11 SECONDS IN AND THE CANUCKS MAKE THE SERIES 2-0!" ... "Here's Kevin Bieksa, wrist shot wide, LappieEEERRREEEEE... SCORES!! FINALLY THEY BEAT TIM THOMAS, ITS MAXIM LAPPIERRE! " ... Or even before the finals, the most exiting time i heard it... "Campoli cant clear it out, here's Burrows, shoots, SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRREEEEESSSSS!!!" .... brings back too good of memories... green day suits van city ... i hate having the same song as another team, we need OUR song... and that was what brought us to the finals... after all...

As catchy as the current goal song is, we're not Spanish. English or French would work. I don't think any player on our team has exclaimed "VAYAMOS!" immediately after scoring.

Mandarin would make more sense in our goal song than this.

Maybe they could change the song to "Bang Bang Bang Bang Lets Go Lets Go"

I don't know about the goal song, but I think our intro song needs to change for the regular season.

During the regular season our intro song should be... For Whom The Bell Tolls by Metallica.

During the playoffs it should stay Where The Streets Have No Name (Instrumental) by U2.

I honestly don't know who's dumb idea it was to use the song by U2 for the regular season and playoffs, but that was a mistake. That song always reminds me of the playoffs, it's been used since the WCE days and by using it in the regular season just ruins it.

Guest gumballthechewy

Maybe we should play a justin bieber song so he'll come to the game with his hot little girlfriend Selena gomez and then i can seduce her with my love nector

Archived