The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

1994 Canucks vs Rangers Game 6 Stanley Cup Finals

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=397641

"You don't know this, but Trevor Linden had cracked ribs and torn rib cartilage for the last four games of the 1994 Stanley Cup Final," Cliff Ronning said. "You can't imagine what it's like to hear your captain, in a room down the hall, screaming at the top of his lungs as they injected the needle into his rib cage. Knowing him, he probably thought we couldn't hear. He would then walk into our dressing room like nothing had happened. That was inspirational.".......

At one point in Game 6 in Vancouver, Linden crawled on the ice to get to his bench, he was in so much pain.

Probably my favourite NHL game. This game really shows the importance of having a guy like Garrison on the team. Jeff Brown scored 2 big goals for the Canucks in this game. Sure his off-ice antics were terrible, but he provided the bomb that the Canucks needed in '94, and with Salo gone, it's up to Garrison to deliver this year.

Stop posting all together, it's called memories and still enjoyable games to watch, just because you want some attention and your parents didn't give it you when you were a kid, doesn't mean you have to come on CDC and look for it here. It's called being fans of your team, obviously you don't enjoy the Canucks and their highlights, so go find another team to enjoy bashing.

Listen buddy, these forums are for people to post their opinions, I've got mine and you've got yours, no need for personal attacks. It's you who's trying get "attention" by making derogatory remarks and trying to be funny, It's you who needs to stop coming on CDC if you can't take other people's opinions.

And yes I am fan of the team, a fan who has season tickets, can you say that? But I'm not a cheer leader, I do have the balls to criticize the team if I don't like something about it, since I am a fan and a paying customer

I remember all three cup runs

1982 -canucks put up a good fight on Long Island but were obviously overmatched and it showed in games 3 and 4 . If we had fluked out game 1 in OT , we could have made a series of it, but dont believe we would have won.

1994 - team was underrated . Was already a great team from 92 an 93 , and could have won game 7 at MSG

2011 was the best team and ran out of gas , fell apart. Did not deserve to win game 6 or 7 wasnt even close.

Thanks for the post. Just watched it while washing the dishes. I was not a Canucks fan in 1994 (guess who i was cheering for), but man, this was a quality hockey game.

Forgot about the Courtnall's goal at the end there. This game had everything. Wow.

Stop living in the past and glorifying losing. While it was a great post season run, bottom line is we didn't win. It's sad that the we keep celebrating 1994 like we won the cup. No wonder fans of championship teams make fun of us cause we have nothing to show in 42 years of existence and we keep celebrating the years we came so close but still didn't win.

With the Rangers acquiring Nash, and since #Confirmed Vancouver going to Stanley Cup Finals, does this mean 1994 is going to happen again in 2013? I would like to think so.

Archived