Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

1994 Canucks vs Rangers Game 6 Stanley Cup Finals

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

#31 winacup

winacup

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:05 AM

It pains me to think we could have two cups right now. Hopefully we can end this decade with two cups.

one cup. the 2011 team wasn't even close to winning it, just look at the total goals for and against.
you're a delusional dreamer if you think this group can win even one cup. they think their opponents will just roll over for them in the scf when they get down say 2-0 in a series. sorry nancys, that may be what this group does but its not what teams with heart, will and determination like the 94 team do.
Posted Image

#32 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:09 AM

Listen buddy, these forums are for people to post their opinions, I've got mine and you've got yours, no need for personal attacks. It's you who's trying get "attention" by making derogatory remarks and trying to be funny, It's you who needs to stop coming on CDC if you can't take other people's opinions.

And yes I am fan of the team, a fan who has season tickets, can you say that? But I'm not a cheer leader, I do have the balls to criticize the team if I don't like something about it, since I am a fan and a paying customer

Sounds like someone who's never accomplished anything! Stop personally attacking our Canucks!
Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

#33 winacup

winacup

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:10 AM

he must have accomplished something to have season tickets.
stop being a pathetic fanboy.

Edited by winacup, 23 July 2012 - 09:11 AM.

Posted Image

#34 hockeyking

hockeyking

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:19 AM

What successes? This is what I mean, if this is what you can "success" then what is failure? The reason people keep celebrating 1994 is 'cause the history of the team is so futile and that's sad. Call a spade a spade when i see it

you need to sit back and enjoy life some time's not supposed to be serious all the time. That's what the games are for entertainment not dwelling over what could have happened many years ago and be sad.

Edited by hockeyking, 23 July 2012 - 09:27 AM.

#35 winacup

winacup

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:32 AM

the 94 team will always have a special place in the hearts of canucks fans unlike the 2011 team.
the sedin led team like the naslund led team will forever be seen as chokers (notice the common denominator?)
Posted Image

#36 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:38 PM

I remember all three cup runs

1982 -canucks put up a good fight on Long Island but were obviously overmatched and it showed in games 3 and 4 . If we had fluked out game 1 in OT , we could have made a series of it, but dont believe we would have won.

1994 - team was underrated . Was already a great team from 92 an 93 , and could have won game 7 at MSG

2011 was the best team and ran out of gas , fell apart. Did not deserve to win game 6 or 7 wasnt even close.
Posted Image

#37 Nordiques_fan

Nordiques_fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:47 PM

Thanks for the post. Just watched it while washing the dishes. I was not a Canucks fan in 1994 (guess who i was cheering for), but man, this was a quality hockey game.

Forgot about the Courtnall's goal at the end there. This game had everything. Wow.

#38 Puck'nAnimal

Puck'nAnimal

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=397641

And the Messier hits Linden. Canucks would have won if weren't for this guy. The one on the left.

Posted Image

And what really makes me burn in rage is the fact that the Canucks turned around and went after this guy after he cheap-shotted Linden and had him put on a Canuck jersey and essentially "forced" Linden to give up his captaincy. Anybody who believes the "company line"...that Linden volunteered to give up his captaincy to Messier...enjoy the Kool-Aid. I don't believe it for a second no matter what Trevor said in "Forever a Canuck". It was a mistake, pure and simple.

Of course the camera was not anywhere near where Messier went after Linden (it was "following the play"). Was supremely pissed off when I heard Linden got hacked. Watched it with my dad after work. The rest of my co-workers at my real estate office were watching the game and they were seriously pissed off the next day... said that hack should have started a line brawl.

Edited by Puck'nAnimal, 23 July 2012 - 07:07 PM.

HistoryVisionDrive-HeartofaCanuck_rs.jpg

#39 Puck'nAnimal

Puck'nAnimal

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:56 PM

Stop living in the past and glorifying losing. While it was a great post season run, bottom line is we didn't win. It's sad that the we keep celebrating 1994 like we won the cup. No wonder fans of championship teams make fun of us cause we have nothing to show in 42 years of existence and we keep celebrating the years we came so close but still didn't win.

Listen buddy, these forums are for people to post their opinions, I've got mine and you've got yours, no need for personal attacks. It's you who's trying get "attention" by making derogatory remarks and trying to be funny, It's you who needs to stop coming on CDC if you can't take other people's opinions.

And yes I am fan of the team, a fan who has season tickets, can you say that? But I'm not a cheer leader, I do have the balls to criticize the team if I don't like something about it, since I am a fan and a paying customer

Pot MEET Kettle. I don't like it any more than you do. But when you start telling people to "stop living in the past" and assume that "they glorify losing"... you're doing the exact same thing by "making it personal". I'd suggest you take a breather before your fingers hit keyboard. And frankly...I really don't give a flying F*** if you have season's tickets. Doesn't make you a better fan than anyone else here. ~and see...I'm now making it personal!~

Edited by Puck'nAnimal, 23 July 2012 - 07:02 PM.

HistoryVisionDrive-HeartofaCanuck_rs.jpg

#40 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:56 PM

With the Rangers acquiring Nash, and since #Confirmed Vancouver going to Stanley Cup Finals, does this mean 1994 is going to happen again in 2013? I would like to think so.

#41 winacup

winacup

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:02 PM

great we're going to lose the cup...............again
Posted Image

#42 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:23 AM

Stop living in the past and glorifying losing. While it was a great post season run, bottom line is we didn't win. It's sad that the we keep celebrating 1994 like we won the cup. No wonder fans of championship teams make fun of us cause we have nothing to show in 42 years of existence and we keep celebrating the years we came so close but still didn't win.

No need for personal attacks? And your trying to tell me this why? When clearly you made a personal attack to every person who enjoys the 94 run, maybe instead of trying to tell me what to do, listen to yourself and help yourself out instead. I feel sorry for all the true fans who have to wait on the season ticket list, because of horrible fans like yourself having season tickets.

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#43 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:38 AM

And what really makes me burn in rage is the fact that the Canucks turned around and went after this guy after he cheap-shotted Linden and had him put on a Canuck jersey and essentially "forced" Linden to give up his captaincy. Anybody who believes the "company line"...that Linden volunteered to give up his captaincy to Messier...enjoy the Kool-Aid. I don't believe it for a second no matter what Trevor said in "Forever a Canuck". It was a mistake, pure and simple.

Of course the camera was not anywhere near where Messier went after Linden (it was "following the play"). Was supremely pissed off when I heard Linden got hacked. Watched it with my dad after work. The rest of my co-workers at my real estate office were watching the game and they were seriously pissed off the next day... said that hack should have started a line brawl.

They didnt show it in real time . Robson was complaining about it but I dont think CBC had the main camera on it. However, we then went out to Robson st and to this day its the greatest canuck party ever witnessed in Vancouver (in a positive way that is)
Posted Image

#44 Martin Frk

Martin Frk

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:53 AM

You Know......It's been a while....but.....I still really hate Messier
Posted Image
Cred to Lemons

#45 Cromeslab

Cromeslab

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:03 PM

Typical our star player gets cheap shot and no one does anything about it,anyhow thanks for posting

Edited by Cromeslab, 25 July 2012 - 12:04 PM.

Posted Image

"Where you've been is good and gone,all you can keep is the gettin there"Townes Van Zandt

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.