Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[NEWS ONLY] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Rumours and Reports, with warnings issued to those not following this)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
231 replies to this topic

#121 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

http://www.sportsnet...oilers_rumours/

"@SportsnetSpec: Gillis working the market, as a good GM does. IF he finds a willing partner, he finds another voice to help convince Luongo. @OilDoug"

http://thehockeywrit...Hockey Writers)

Edited by Noheart, 23 January 2013 - 08:46 AM.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#122 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,008 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

POPULAR

The following players have been added to the injury/unavailable list today, for "undisclosed" reasons:

Florida Panthers: Erik Gubrandson, Sean Bergenheim, and Marcel Goc

New York Islanders: Josh Bailey, Lubomir Visnovsky, and Jesse Joensuu

This could be nothing...but on the other hand, that reeks of two potential Luongo trades on the table, with MG to make his decision today. I like them both, but give the edge to Florida.
Posted Image

#123 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,311 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

^Injury Reports Updated Jan 21st.

-Panthers' Gudbranson (Shoulder) To Miss At Least Another Week: Erik Gudbranson (shoulder) will miss at least another week, the Miami Herald reports. Updated Jan 21st.

Erik Gudbranson still need additional recovery time from the offseason shoulder injury he acquired while wakeboarding, making it unlikely he returns until February. Once healthy, Gudbranson figures to be a member of the team's third defensive pairing.

-Panthers' Goc (Ankle) Expected To Miss Another Week: Marcel Goc (ankle) is expected to miss at least another week, the Miami Herald reports.

Marcel Goc had already been ruled out of the team's first three games, and a return doesn't look especially forthcoming at the moment. While Goc could merit consideration for the second line when he returns, coach Kevin Dineen said he'd reassess his lineup once Doc is healthy before making a change.

-Panthers' Bergenheim (Groin) Suspended Without Pay: Sean Bergenheim (groin) is suspended without pay until he is medically cleared, the Miami Herald reports.

Given that Sean Bergenheim hasn't been cleared yet, he'll miss Saturday's season opener against Carolina. It's unclear if he'll be out beyond then, but it seems likely that he misses at least another game or two.

-Isles' Joensuu (Groin) Not Expected Back Anytime Soon: Jesse Joensuu (groin) is not close to returning to the ice, New York Newsday reports.

Jesse Joensuu's groin injury is preventing him from doing as much as skating on his own, so it looks like he could have a lengthier timetable than originally thought. The Islanders officially suspended him last week after he got injured overseas, but he'll be reinstated after he passes a physical.

-Isles' Bailey Hoping To Skate Monday: Josh Bailey (knee) is hoping to skate Monday, according to Newsday.

A best-case scenario for Josh Bailey is a return to practice in about 10 days. Bailey has never truly found his goal-scoring touch at the NHL level, but the Isles will welcome him back with open arms once he is ready to play again.

-Isles' Visnovsky Awaiting Son's Surgery: Lubomir Visnovsky (suspension) will report to the Islanders after his son has minor surgery, according to the Islanders Point Blank.

The surgery is set for Feb. 9. Assuming all goes well, this would mean Lubomir Visnovsky could possibly play for the Islanders in mid-February, thus missing at least 11 games, or about a quarter of the season.

Luongo waiving to go to NYI seems implausible anyway.
Posted Image

#124 Situation69

Situation69

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

On Luongo...

Sources tell me talks with the Flyers haven't occurred since before the season, but the Oilers are putting together a hell of a package...still, all things equal, Gillis wants him out of the division and out of the Conference. My money would still be on Toronto, even though the Leafs are playing good hockey right now.

More to come...

This is from Eklund. But who can we believe at this point of time.

Go Canucks Go :canucks:

Cheers.. :towel:

#125 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 71,045 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

@TEAM1040
Gillis: Says in-conference trade is okay for Luongo, as long as it makes the Canucks a better team

307mg00.jpg

#126 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

@TEAM1040
Gillis: Says in-conference trade is okay for Luongo, as long as it makes the Canucks a better team

"@TEAM1040: Gillis: "Absolutely comfortable" having Luongo here."

"@TEAM1040: Gillis: Because Schneider is comfortable with situation, there's less pressure to get a Luongo trade done"

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#127 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,330 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

More from the TEAM 1040 interview;
“I’m fairly pragmatic. I don’t necessarily care about that, I care about our team and having the best team here in Vancouver that we can have. So if that means in our conference, that’s what it means.”

Listen to the audio:

Edited by elvis15, 24 January 2013 - 05:39 PM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#128 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

http://ca.sports.yah...-194000600.html

#129 Skead

Skead

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

Bruce Garrioch

Lots of teams are waiting to see where the dominos fall with Vancouver G Roberto Luongo before making a move for a netminder. Canucks GM Mike Gillis has told several teams he's not doing anything until he gets his asking price. Yes, the Edmonton Oilers have what it takes to acquire Luongo, but he wouldn't approve a trade there. The Panthers don't want to make a deal unless Gillis is willing to take cash back. The Canucks know the pressure is mounting in some markets to win and they'll find a desperate GM trying to save his job, maybe even Washington or Philly.

http://www.ottawasun...fter-slow-start

#130 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,246 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

Eddie Lack's surgery should not impact possible Roberto Luongo trade by Canucks

#131 Skead

Skead

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

Elliotte Friedman@FriedgeHNIC

Spotted at PIT/WASH today: Mike Gillis and assistant Laurence Gilman

#132 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,330 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

Elliotte Friedman@FriedgeHNIC

Just a little extra on that:

@BradZiemer Gillis & Gilman didn't appear to be at Friday's home game against Blackhawks. Now in Washington watching Caps play Penguins.

#133 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

@kcarrera: I'm told rumors of #Caps interest in Roberto Luongo are completely unfounded. There hasn't been a single discussion about acquiring him.

@SWhyno: #Caps have not have single conversation about Roberto Luongo with #Canucks. Any trade speculation is unfounded.

@FriedgeHNIC: Two primary Capitals beat reporters there.

And in reply to FriedgeHNIC:

@wyshynski: @FriedgeHNIC Quite the push-back there from the Caps. #DothProtestTooMuch

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#134 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,330 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

Gillis heading to Winnipeg next, for Panthers@Jets -Per Ed Willis, The Province.

Link? I see no such tweet. The only thing close is this one:

Ben Kuzma@benkuzma
Gillis/Gilman should also be in Wpg on Tuesday for Panthers. Create goalie bidding war between Wash.-Fla. #leverage

I take that as a suggestion that Gillis should go there to try and up his leverage and not a serious report that he's actually going to.

#135 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 71,045 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:07 AM

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Luongo's contract not one WSH would entertain. That said, Caps' netminding not sharp of late but will ride it with Neuwirth-Holtby for now.

307mg00.jpg

#136 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

@TSNBobMcKenzie: With regard to VAN's Gillis-Gilman in WSH yesterday, Caps haven't spoken to VAN about Luongo and apparently no appetite to do so.
Posted Image

#137 thundernuts

thundernuts

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

Gillis apologizes to McPhee for causing a distraction. Not there to discuss a Luongo trade.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415236
Posted Image

#138 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:22 AM

Excerpt from a longer Van Sun article

"There is a lot of talk going on," Gillis said in an interview Friday, which was a day off for the players. "But there is this presumption that you pick up the phone and make a trade. Well, it doesn't happen that way and there is usually a long process building up to it and I think Roberto has come in here and has continued to show what a quality person and quality goaltender he is. And if you want to acquire that, you have to pay a price for it."
In other words, in Gillis's opinion, Luongo's solid play so far this season has only served to increase his value on the trade market.
"Every team is discussing options all the time and we're just like them, we are discussing different possibilities all the time," he said. "We're open to those discussions if they can improve our hockey team. Right now, we have two great goalies, we're perfectly happy if we continue this way right through to the end of the playoffs. If something comes our way that we think improves our team in a different way which allows us a better opportunity to win the Stanley Cup, we are going to look at it."
Gillis continues to dismiss suggestions that having both goalies here is, or could become, a significant distraction for the team. He seemed to suggest that in some ways keeping both goalies makes perfect sense, at least for the remainder of this season. A major cut in next year's salary cap would make it nearly impossible next season.
"There is going to be a lot of hockey to be played in a very short period of time," Gillis said. "Look at our schedule, the last two months of the season it's almost like a playoff schedule, without a break between rounds, and then playoffs begin. Our objective is to get into the playoffs as a team, not as individuals, but as a team.
"I have complete confidence these guys are going to play a lot of hockey, they are going to support one another, that their teammates support them and we don't see an issue inside our dressing room. I guess the questions will continue to be asked, but you guys will get the same answers for as long as it takes."
The Canucks, meanwhile, are off to their best start in Gillis's tenure as GM, something he said is the result of a team effort.

http://www.vancouver...l#ixzz2KO7R9uK5

#139 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

George McPhee, who's team has numerous superstars (Ovechkin) and performance versus expectations sulks;

McPhee also acknowledged that more is needed from his goaltending tandem of Braden Holtby, 22, and Michael Neuvirth, 24. The Capitals have allowed a League-worst 3.73 goals-against per game.

"With respect to getting itchy fingers and whatever, if there's something I can do to make the club better, I will," he said. "I've had some real good discussions with ownership over the last couple of days and they're obviously not very happy. But they've been supportive. At times like this ownership can pile on and make things worse. Or ownership can say 'How can we help and what we can do to make it better?' And it's been the latter. It's been 'How can we help, what can we do to make it better?'…"

"That being said, if there's something I can do to help the club out I will."

http://www.nhl.com/i...vid=DL|NHL|home

Let the speculation begin on the Lou discussion thread!

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 10 February 2013 - 10:50 PM.

#140 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

Some smoke in Washington might lead to fire. There are rumours growing about Johansson and Nuevirth likely to be traded for Luongo. Johansson is currently not travelling with the team, and coach Oates has been very wishy-washy on why that is -
http://www.washingto...ansson-not-ice/

Although not particularly trustworthy, Hockeyinsider posted the following on Feb. 8: http://www.insiderru...ble-for-luongo/

Washington Capitals message board is all over it: http://fans.capitals...ade-for-luongo/

What do you make of Marcus Johansson? Another Swede, he's a team-worst -7. A first-round pick from 09.
"I knew we had a great team. I told everyone if we play as a group, we can win it all. Everyone laughed. Now we're laughing."
-Jiri Slegr

#141 Youth_Movement

Youth_Movement

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

Toronto goaltender Reimer helped off ice in the 2nd period tonight with a knee injury. http://www.cbc.ca/sp...ith-injury.html

Bet Nonis is gonna push for lu hard now.
CUP OR BUST!!!!!!

#142 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

POPULAR

@SNHockeyCentral: Gillis: "You talk to general managers all the time... You'd be surprised the number of teams that have inquired about our goalies." Plural.

@SNHockeyCentral: Gillis on a Luongo buyout: "Absolutely not." Never even discussed.

@SNHockeyCentral: Gillis: "Every team you're talking to about a potential trade includes a player you might not want or manages their cap situation as well."

@SNHockeyCentral: Gillis: Time to do something with goalie situation will be the summer.

@SNHockeyCentral: Gillis: "Doing the right thing by the two guys changes during the off-season."

@SNHockeyCentral: Mike Gillis: "If there wasn't a deal for us that made sense, we were going to keep both of them in a shortened season."

Edited by Noheart, 12 February 2013 - 11:56 AM.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#143 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,193 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

Heres the whole interview, noheart.

http://www.sportsnet...entral_at_noon/

#144 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,330 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

More from Gillis today, pretty similar to what's been said already though:

benkuzma
Gillis on TEAM 1040: "Hoepfully, we'll get some injured guys back soon and we'll see what we've really got." #canucks
Gillis on his goalies: "Do I think this could last forever, no? But I knew it could last this season because of the bigger goal we have."

I'll add to this, and hopefully post the actual interview later as well.

Here's the interview:

Goalie stuff:
- "goaltending has been outstanding"
- observation on Luongo's transformation: he's let his guard down, not any different but having fun with the situation, fun to be around and positive, great to see him being himself, and to see that reflect in his play and attitude
- knew he would come through in shining colours, but he's doing even better
- knew neither goalie would be upset at the dynamic of two starters, knew it could last for this season for the bigger goal, but not likely beyond, would have changed it if either goalie felt that way
- "worked out exactly the way we though it would work out" having the tandem but didn't count on the rest of the group coming closer together as a result, and that they haven't let it become a distraction but rather look to gel better as a team to support them
- goes on to talk about Raymond and his recovery from the back injury, Ballard's steady/more confident play, Schroeder not going anywhere if he continues to play well/work on the little things

Edited by elvis15, 13 February 2013 - 04:57 PM.

#145 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,246 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

Link From Bruce Garrioch, Ottawa Sun

Many believe Vancouver Canucks GM Mike Gillis won't move either of Cory Schneider or Roberto Luongo this season. Both are playing well and may be needed during this run to the playoffs.

#146 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,246 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

Not specific to Luongo, but I'm guessing it's the reason he's following the Canucks team through various cities:
Link

3. The most interesting appearance in Nashville, aside from Dale Weise the goal scorer, was probably Pierre Gauthier.
That’s because he was also in Dallas for the Canucks game Thursday. And he was on a plane today for Detroit, where the Predators play tonight and the Canucks tomorrow.
The former Habs GM, is now in the Chicago Blackhawks front office, and is their director of player personnel.
Hmmmm. Speculate at will.

#147 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

Weiss needs wrist surgery, out for season... Guess Mike Keenan's pre-season suggestion of a straight up deal of Weiss for Lou would have been a dud? Anywhoo, it removes him from the equation and alters their centre depth, which is a fcator as well.

http://www.nhl.com/i...id=nhl:topheads

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 05 March 2013 - 02:39 PM.

#148 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:04 AM

(Damien Cox)@DamoSpin: Worth noting at June draft Canucks could've had Kadri, Bozak and a pick for Luongo. Got greedy. Now have lost as many as have won.

@botchford: Except for the NTC. Minor detail MT @DamoSpin: Worth noting at June draft Canucks could've had Kadri, Bozak and a pick for Luongo Got greedy

Edited by Noheart, 06 March 2013 - 12:57 PM.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#149 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,330 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:56 AM

News1130Sports
Sportsnet's Doug MacLean says this morning - no market for Robert Loungo trade and he's heard talk Cory Schneider may be the one traded.

I'd say the first real (as far as we know) insight into a turn in tide for who Gillis may be getting the most calls on. Grain of salt as always.

Edited by elvis15, 06 March 2013 - 09:58 AM.

#150 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

http://www.sportsnet...till-available/
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.