The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

Put it this way - Canuck fans should be more worried than what they're showing, in light of Luongo's looming departure.

He's been mostly very good for us, and we've really not had to fret over the goaltending position since 2006. It's been a strength of ours.

The reality is, though, we're now trading the known for the unknown. Schneider's looked excellent as the backup, but things change when you become "the" guy. Vancouver is an unforgiving environment, and I am also not as convinced on this team as a lot of you are.

Most people who know much know that Cory was better than Lu season. That happened and is a known.

Most know Lu has had multiple games where he is just horrible and for an elite goalie lets his team down as often as he saves the day. Elite is not getting 2 shutouts in a 7 game series and should have been pulled in 4. Elite is not having back to back games 4 times in 3 playoffs where his gaa would be 6 or more.

Last season he had another chance to claim elite status and neither did in regular or post season play.

Anyone that thinks that the fans turned on Lu overnight are sadly mistaken.

Cory was excellant in all 3 games he played in the playoffs , 2 of which were on the road. Lu normally is very good at home even in the playoffs but was good in game 1, but still let in the a very weak game turning 1st goal that changed momentum of that game, and not very good in game 2.

What leads you to believe Lu wont have meltdowns of multiple games in the playoffs when his history shows since his groin injury it happens with regularity.

What if Lu messes up his groin again? Lu isnt much good when he is healthy during the playoffs,lol

Roberto Luongo is a poet

And like our Schneider

He helped grow it

In to a comedy skit routine

While TSN was on the scene

I miss that side of Luongo

But as he said, It's time to go.

It's time to pass the reigns I fear

For Schneider's time is all but here

I'll miss our goalie

He put on a show

I'll miss Roberto Luongo.