The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

http://www.litterboxcats.com/2012/7/28/3172702/why-the-panthers-florida-should-acquire-roberto-luongo-canucks-vancouver

By

Alexander Calloway, Editor/founder of LitterBoxCats.com: Florida Panthers colossus since 2008

My Take: Five reasons why the Panthers should trade for Luongo

by Alexander Calloway on Jul 28, 2012 7:47 PM EDT in Florida Panthers

It's pretty sad how many Canucks fans have treated Lu but Florida would welcome him as they consider him a hall of fame goalie (like the article says).

Florida knows they are getting an elite goalie. Bjustad, Gudbranson or Huberdeau have to be coming back. Canucks don't need another 2nd tier player taking up substantial cap. They need young elite talent to develop.

Lu, 2nd

For

Huberdeau (Gudbranson as a 2nd choice).

Bjustad, 1st

For

Lu, 3rd

Latest on the Panthers/Luongo Saga

panthers.png

Okay so here's the latest after speaking to a source last night.

The Panthers have agreed to move Nick Bjugstad to the Canucks IF they include Schroeder and a 2nd. Deathly afraid of losing any depth, HOWEVER a Luongo deal looks more and more unlikely as the days go by as Gillis hasn't even spoken to Luongo or his agent recently and a few teams that were interested (Chicago, NY Islanders, and believe it or not Ottawa) have dropped negotiations with Gillis because they're tired of waiting on Gillis and his high asking price. Gillis wants whoever takes Luongo to absorb more cap in Ballard.

Further with the Panthers, after losing out on Wellwood they feel 100% confident moving forward with Huberdeau in the lineup next season.

http://nhlbeat.blogs...uongo-saga.html

Luongo, Ballard, Schroeder

for

Bjugstad, Campbell

If that were to be what the Canucks threw in, they'd have to add at least a first and another roster player such as Goc, even then, they may have to add a 3rd/4th

Something like:

Luongo

Schroeder

2nd

For

Bjustad

Goc

1st

4th

I think that would be great considering the cap relief as well

I wonder if Lu would waive to head back to Long Island. They are in serious need of a consistent high level goaltender. Nabokov is on a 1 year as a 37 year old, DiPietro is horribly injury-prone and sub-par, and then they a bunch of young guys who are either not good enough for a while or will never be good enough to play in the NHL.

NYI is also another young and up-and-coming team needing to reach cap-floor with loaded young forwards that would be very ideal for the Canucks. Anyone think it's a possibility Lu wants to be a little closer to Montreal?

I wonder if Lu would waive to head back to Long Island. They are in serious need of a consistent high level goaltender. Nabokov is on a 1 year as a 37 year old, DiPietro is horribly injury-prone and sub-par, and then they a bunch of young guys who are either not good enough for a while or will never be good enough to play in the NHL.

NYI is also another young and up-and-coming team needing to reach cap-floor with loaded young forwards that would be very ideal for the Canucks. Anyone think it's a possibility Lu wants to be a little closer to Montreal?

I doubt that Lou would be interested in going to Long Island, but just for argument's sake, which forwards do you like? There really isn't too much there that jumps out at me...

...maybe Ryan Strome? Of course, Reinhart would be great, but I don't think the Isles would deal him. Maybe BC boy, Ty Wishart?

Neiderreter, Strome, Okposo, Donovan are guys I like. Reinhart would be awesome but ya I think he's untouchable. Even bringing in Nabokov as a backup/1B goalie would be nice. If I could try to make a proposal...

To Isles:

Luongo

Raymond

To Van:

Neiderreter

Nabokov

Archived