The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

I wonder if Lu would waive to head back to Long Island. They are in serious need of a consistent high level goaltender. Nabokov is on a 1 year as a 37 year old, DiPietro is horribly injury-prone and sub-par, and then they a bunch of young guys who are either not good enough for a while or will never be good enough to play in the NHL.

NYI is also another young and up-and-coming team needing to reach cap-floor with loaded young forwards that would be very ideal for the Canucks. Anyone think it's a possibility Lu wants to be a little closer to Montreal?

I wonder if Lu would waive to head back to Long Island. They are in serious need of a consistent high level goaltender. Nabokov is on a 1 year as a 37 year old, DiPietro is horribly injury-prone and sub-par, and then they a bunch of young guys who are either not good enough for a while or will never be good enough to play in the NHL.

NYI is also another young and up-and-coming team needing to reach cap-floor with loaded young forwards that would be very ideal for the Canucks. Anyone think it's a possibility Lu wants to be a little closer to Montreal?

I think lu gets us one elite prospect. If one comes up I hope we take it. Eff our roster. Clear cap, bank on Cory, and get someone who can maybe contribute a little bit now and possibly more later. Look at Henrique for the devs. Young guys can chip in. We can get help now via cap space opening up.

you are all completely and totally crazy, how is this garbage, trade rumor discussion?

This is baseless jabber, how does this belong in this form.

John Tavares??? Like wow!!!

For people that wanna check in once in a while rather than fingering twitter for 20 mins it's annoying.

honestly I was thinking about this today. I think we have doan in our pocket... but gillis doesn't want to sign him yet. think about it. if we take any more cap right now that means we 100% have to trade lu, which would drop his value. once doan signs somewhere Lu will be traded immediately. if down signs with us before Lu is traded we get pucks for him. please don't rip me apart for this post.

Why not rip you apart? It was a crapty post. "gillis doesnt want to sign doan right now" Seriously?? How much have you had to drink? The millisecond doan says "hey GMMG, Im gonna sign with you" GMMG will say to himself "frack YEAH *Happy dance*"

And as previously stated, all of this talk about luongo being a hard trade, or fetching us a bag of pucks, or a single mid grade prospect is complete and utter horse crap drummed up by idiots and the media, who aren't always separate entities. Luongo is very conservatively speaking in the top 10 of the WORLDS goaltenders, personally I rank him closer to top 3, I didnt watch hockey until the late 90's so im talking active roster players only atm.

A lot of teams may not NEED luongo's services, but you can be DAMN sure that almost all of them WANT his services. But it comes down to, is it worth getting rid of my pretty good goalie and a bunch of stuff from my roster for a mediocre upgrade.

Then you have the teams that have elite goalies already, and have no use for lu.

Then you have the teams that want lu but cant afford him in assets or monetarily.

The point is though, that LU is VERY desireable, and he WILL fetch us a superstar or future superstars and anyone that thinks were going to trade him for nothing is ???? drunk.

hear me out. Lu is valuable. very valuable. there is only give or six elite goalies in the NHL and he's one. but if we sign doan before some cap is traded or dumped that means we absolutely have to trade him and gives the advantage to the other team in the trade right? I'm not saying Lu is worthless not at all, but we can't start the season 3 mill above the cap now can we.

Archived