The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

hear me out. Lu is valuable. very valuable. there is only give or six elite goalies in the NHL and he's one. but if we sign doan before some cap is traded or dumped that means we absolutely have to trade him and gives the advantage to the other team in the trade right? I'm not saying Lu is worthless not at all, but we can't start the season 3 mill above the cap now can we.

Just trade luongo. Get the similar under par package columbus got for nash and be done with it. We need to move on and Gillis needs to frigging complete this team. Im sick of the revolving door 4th line and the huge question mark hole we have been missing on that 2nd line. But the luongo trade is holding up all of that!

Just trade luongo. Get the similar under par package columbus got for nash and be done with it. We need to move on and Gillis needs to frigging complete this team. Im sick of the revolving door 4th line and the huge question mark hole we have been missing on that 2nd line. But the luongo trade is holding up all of that!

I would love to get Strome.

To NYI:

Roberto Luongo

Mason Raymond

Van 2013 3rd round pick

To Van:

Ryan Strome

NYI 2013 1st round pick

Canucks get a top prospect for to build around after the Sedins are older, and a mid-high 1st round pick.

honestly I was thinking about this today. I think we have doan in our pocket... but gillis doesn't want to sign him yet. think about it. if we take any more cap right now that means we 100% have to trade lu, which would drop his value. once doan signs somewhere Lu will be traded immediately. if doan signs with us before Lu is traded we get pucks for him. please don't rip me apart for this post.

Why not rip you apart? It was a crapty post. "gillis doesnt want to sign doan right now" Seriously?? How much have you had to drink? The millisecond doan says "hey GMMG, Im gonna sign with you" GMMG will say to himself "frack YEAH *Happy dance*"

And as previously stated, all of this talk about luongo being a hard trade, or fetching us a bag of pucks, or a single mid grade prospect is complete and utter horse crap drummed up by idiots and the media, who aren't always separate entities. Luongo is very conservatively speaking in the top 10 of the WORLDS goaltenders, personally I rank him closer to top 3, I didnt watch hockey until the late 90's so im talking active roster players only atm.

A lot of teams may not NEED luongo's services, but you can be DAMN sure that almost all of them WANT his services. But it comes down to, is it worth getting rid of my pretty good goalie and a bunch of stuff from my roster for a mediocre upgrade.

Then you have the teams that have elite goalies already, and have no use for lu.

Then you have the teams that want lu but cant afford him in assets or monetarily.

The point is though, that LU is VERY desireable, it may take a few months but he WILL fetch us a superstar or a future superstar and anyone that thinks were going to trade him for nothing is ???? drunk.

These proposals are hilarious. Tavares? Didn't he just sign a long term deal with the Islanders? I'm sure they want to move him. He would probably be the best player on the Canucks before too long.

You think Gillis wouldn't jump on a trade for Strome and a first from the Islanders? No way he gets that kind of value for Luongo. For the manyieth time, there is very little market for Luongo. Never has been. If the market was there he would have been traded by now.

It's been three and a half months since Luongo lost his starting job and mentioned he would be willing to move on. The draft and free agency happened a month ago. There has been lots of player movement and it is essentially over now. A few UFA's remain but other than Doan there isn't much out there. Nothing is happening. The window for a trade for Luongo has passed for now. If there was an offer out there he would have been moved. Having both goalies to start the season is just asking for trouble.

So many on here are saying Luongo is elite, top ten, top six, top three, but that doesn't change the fact that he is going into the season as a backup. He LOST his job. Elite goalies don't often lose their jobs to unproven backups no matter how good that backup may be.

And I can tell you that outside of Vancouver (heck even in Vancouver) Luongo is not the most popular player among fans.

My prediction/hope:

Luongo + Connauton for Campbell

Followed shortly by

Ballard to Detroit for a 3rd

Doan signs in Van

Helps all three teams, Florida improves their chances of making the playoffs while saving cash & getting a good prospect. Vancouver trades future potential for current skills. Detroit gets good upside on a player who could use a change of scenery. All three GMs go out for a fishing trip and laugh at Phoenix.

My prediction/hope:

Followed shortly by

Doan signs in Van

Helps all three teams, Florida improves their chances of making the playoffs while saving cash & getting a good prospect. Vancouver trades future potential for current skills. Detroit gets good upside on a player who could use a change of scenery. All three GMs go out for a fishing trip and laugh at Phoenix.

hear me out. Lu is valuable. very valuable. there is only give or six elite goalies in the NHL and he's one. but if we sign doan before some cap is traded or dumped that means we absolutely have to trade him and gives the advantage to the other team in the trade right? I'm not saying Lu is worthless not at all, but we can't start the season 3 mill above the cap now can we.

THIS IS NOT AN OPTION, LUONGO WANTS TO "MOVE ON"

M-O-V-E second word O-N

That means he does not want to play for the Vancouver Canucks anymore

It may have nothing to do with the starting situation. We dont know!! But what we do know is he wants to MOVE ON!!!

My God can you ever notice a difference in posts when the kids are on summer holidays!!

Go explore your body or something!!

My prediction/hope:

Followed shortly by

Doan signs in Van

Archived