The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

"@InsiderLegit: Florida has said NO to Matthias and Bjugstad because VAN will not overpay. So they are trying to get just Bjugstad if they indeed sign Doan."

"@InsiderLegit: Sean B. Could be involved along with Bjugstad."

"@InsiderLegit: Canucks will only go for Sean B. If they fail to sign Doan. As of right now they are going just for Bjugstad."

"@InsiderLegit: Not 100% sure, but I am hearing offer for just Bjugstad could be submitted as early as tommorow, and it involves Schroeder."

I hate to do it but it's not like this thread ain't full of crap already

Really? Our aging goalie that everyone knows we have to trade, who said he needs to move on, a forward we have no space for and is undersized and falls a lot, and a young center who is undersized.....for......for a young center who brings grit and size and can step in right away and still has potential to grow, as well as an even younger and bigger center with the same, or even better, potential than the one were sending them........I'd do it in a heartbeat, our team gets younger and bigger and unloads players who aren't fitting into the picture right now

As much as Raymond has "struggled" i'd take him over Matthias, Matthias hasn't even been able to hit 25 points and he's been in the league for 5 years. Raymond has a 25 goal season to his credit and for all we know if he's back to 100% this year he can get there again. Schroeder has tons of potential, yes Bjugstad is bigger but Schroeder has more offensive potential he's already shown it in junior and at the world junior tournaments.

So basically we're giving them Luongo and a 2nd round pick for nothing, that's getting raped to me.

As much as Raymond has "struggled" i'd take him over Matthias, Matthias hasn't even been able to hit 25 points and he's been in the league for 5 years. Raymond has a 25 goal season to his credit and for all we know if he's back to 100% this year he can get there again. Schroeder has tons of potential, yes Bjugstad is bigger but Schroeder has more offensive potential he's already shown it in junior and at the world junior tournaments.

So basically we're giving them Luongo and a 2nd round pick for nothing, that's getting raped to me.

Matthias may have already been in the league for TWO years (not 5...) but the guy is ONLY 24 years old, I hardly think he's reached his offensive potential, his ice time, games, and points are increasing year after year. he also sticks up for teammates and brings the grit and physical element (6'3 215lb) MG is aiming our team towards and that we lacked in the Boston series, at the moment Raymond really doesn't have a spot on the wings and can't do anything physical and is easily bumped off the puck, whereas we could use matthias at center ice on the 3rd line for sure.

Bjugstad threw up 44 pts in 40 games last year (25 goals) when he was 19 in university, Schroeder at the same age put up only 28 pts in 37 games (9 goals) in his last year at university, so as for offensive potential I'd say Bjugstad is better when compared at the same age in similar circumstances at university, not to mention he's 6'5 220lbs and still growing, this kid could be a force.

Bjugstad and Matthias > Lu Raymond Schroeder

.....after knowing that Lu wants to move on

We get younger, we get bigger, we get more physical, and we get centers, we fill our needs while losing pieces that were not fitting into the puzzle

Just shut up and leave.

you, and I, and everyone including gillis himself have no idea what its going to cost to get what in the trade with luongo until it is done. How can you openly criticize something that has not even happened yet? Do you have a ???? time machine?

Seriously.. Just leave..

In terms of players heading over to Florida, NO to Gaunce, NO to Hansen and NO to Edler. I don't know if there is even any merit to these rumors (Hansen probably, the other two I highly doubt) but either way - fu*k off FLA.

Archived