The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

Whether Luongo is traded or plays for Vancouver, he ought to be more pumped than any other time in his career. If that is so, then we might see a Luongo-won Cup in Vancouver.

Luongo with a Cup is worth much more than a Luongo with no Cup.

I am comfortable with running the table with $9.000 MIL in the crease. Much more comfortable than having Raymond, Ballard and Alberts float for a combined $7.700 MIL.

There's your Doan money.

That is what I was hoping for last year because after getting lit up in 3 games and not good in game 7 on the biggest stage in the SCF you would have thought last year was the season to be fired up, but instead he was clearly outplayed by a goalie in his 2nd season as a backup.

Gillis must have wondered how Lu would rebound from the finals and that is the reason Cory was not traded last season to add something becaause his biggest worry was Lu was having a rather poor season on a very good team in a very weak division.

I think Gillis told AV to put in Cory in game 3 and AV knew if he didnt he would no longer be the coach of this team.

Whether Luongo is traded or plays for Vancouver, he ought to be more pumped than any other time in his career. If that is so, then we might see a Luongo-won Cup in Vancouver.

Luongo with a Cup is worth much more than a Luongo with no Cup.

I am comfortable with running the table with $9.000 MIL in the crease. Much more comfortable than having Raymond, Ballard and Alberts float for a combined $7.700 MIL.

There's your Doan money.

Ballard is currently only worth about $2.5 mil. I'd take Weber at 5. I take Weber at $7.5 over three Ballards.

I wouldn't mind having Lou still between the pipes, but I don't think the fans will give him a fair shake. Let lou eat up a bunch of games in the regular season to keep Schneids fresh.

Burrows contract is up next year and what he wants to resign will have a lot to do with Hanson's future. Burrows will be 32 at that point. He has the defensive side of his game to fall back on when his scoring numbers start to slide. Hanson has never produced the big numbers but then has never had a long term opportunity. When he has played on the top 6 he has done resonably well. I agree, howevr, that the age dif gives Hanson a long term edge over Burrows. Hanson has not peaked yet in his development.

I have the utmost respect for Burrows but the reality of a player staying with a club throughout his career in todays game is almost unheard of. Van has had a bad habit of not moving their aging talent for assets.

Just said it was reminding me that's all. Nothing wrong with hoping it happens. Oh wait let me guess this is where I put a trade proposal like Luongo Raymond and Ballard for gudbranson Weiss matthias and a 1st right?? Oh yeah and sign doan I almost missed that part. My apologies

why would Florida want our underachieving over price players ? Im one of few here that realizes we are not going to get a top prospect from Florida for Luongo unless we have more then one team making a serious run for him to drive his value up, Florida is not desperate for Luongo , The market does not appear to be a good one for Luongo at this point and Gillis is going to have to decide if the media circus and possible locker room issues come training camp is worth waiting out for the deal he is looking for , In my opinion bringing on those distractions and with the pressures of playing in Vancouver already i would say he is just better of making a decent deal that will help us and move on instead of looking for a homerun and not risking this thing blowing up in his face.

I'm fine with giving up the Honey Badger if it means gaining either Bjugstad or Gudbranson. Huberdeau is untouchable and I think Kassian can fill Hansen's spot on the 3rd line quite nicely. After working out this Summer and training with Gary Roberts I expect Kassian to surprise a lot of people this year.

Kassian also brings more size,grit and youth than the Honey Badger does in the bottom 6 as well. If Hansen were to be sent to FLA deal I'd be completely happy with hypothetically this trade

VAN gains:

Bjugstad

2013 1st rd pick

Roster spot for Kassian

FLA gains:

Luongo

Hansen

All these proposals for a player not even guaranteed to make the NHL.

Luongo is a star top 10 goalie in the NHL.

These prospects in Florida are not enough.

Luongo is worth more here as insurance than some prospect who may never make our team.

Enough with these stupid proposals!

Luongo is worth more here as insurance than some prospect who may never make our team.

To FLA

Luongo

Raymond

To VAN

Matthias

Theodore

1st round 2013

I'd be happy with this if we sign Doan. Luongo isn't going to return that much. It just isn't going to happen. Tallon is not going to deal one of Bjustad, Howden, Huberdeau or even Shore.

That is what I was hoping for last year because after getting lit up in 3 games and not good in game 7 on the biggest stage in the SCF you would have thought last year was the season to be fired up, but instead he was clearly outplayed by a goalie in his 2nd season as a backup.

Gillis must have wondered how Lu would rebound from the finals and that is the reason Cory was not traded last season to add something becaause his biggest worry was Lu was having a rather poor season on a very good team in a very weak division.

I think Gillis told AV to put in Cory in game 3 and AV knew if he didnt he would no longer be the coach of this team.

So, would you include Burrows in a deal with Luongo, rather than Hansen? It's an interesting perspective to consider.......Burrows is going to command a minimum of $4.5, but is he really worth that kind of dough, especially as he ages? I actaully see hansen developing into what Burrows was a few years ago, and I'd hate to see JH find his stride in another organization

Luongo

Burrows

3rd

Bjugstad

Weiss

1st

So, would you include Burrows in a deal with Luongo, rather than Hansen? It's an interesting perspective to consider.......Burrows is going to command a minimum of $4.5, but is he really worth that kind of dough, especially as he ages? I actaully see hansen developing into what Burrows was a few years ago, and I'd hate to see JH find his stride in another organization

Luongo

Burrows

3rd

Bjugstad

Weiss

1st

Archived