The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

Why the hell are you guys still talking about Cory vs Luongo?!

Luongo is not going forward with this team, we all need to just get over it and move on!!

I thought the title of the thread was pretty straight forward.

Maybe someone should make a Luongo VS Schneider thread in Canucks talk or revive one of the 45,000 of them!!

I like to use this thread to catch up on what is going on regarding the impending trade, see how people feel about it ect.

Don't really care how much you love Luongo or Schneider

Ok so no move with Luo yet...

Guess we're waiting for that golf tourney or what...?

He's supposed to meet his agent there...

Hope that the long wait is worth more than Columbus got in return for Nash - but the options seem so narrowed down that my hope is very unlikely.

Why the hell are you guys still talking about Cory vs Luongo?!

Luongo is not going forward with this team, we all need to just get over it and move on!!

I thought the title of the thread was pretty straight forward.

Maybe someone should make a Luongo VS Schneider thread in Canucks talk or revive one of the 45,000 of them!!

I like to use this thread to catch up on what is going on regarding the impending trade, see how people feel about it ect.

Don't really care how much you love Luongo or Schneider

recalculate...take the minutes played...divide by 60 then divide that number into shots against....and the question was not who handles the puck better but who drops their goal stick the most !! Go back and read the post by Luongo on the stats on quality chances and tell me Luongo is better...The fact remains...the Canucks are trying to trade Luongo....and NOT Schneider....or did I miss that too? As for my so called "hard on" for Schneider....its my humble opinion that hes better than Lou...nothing more !!

Interesting read on the Panthers. After reading this, I'm not sure they can afford to lose any of their roster. Or at least the top line. They are incredibly top heavy, and their d-core looks bad. Although they're a rebuilding team, you'd think they'd be more willing to trade prospects than lose a roster player via trade.

http://nhlnumbers.com/2012/8/6/florida-panthers-2012-13-annual-will-lightning-strike-twice

Interesting read on the Panthers. After reading this, I'm not sure they can afford to lose any of their roster. Or at least the top line. They are incredibly top heavy, and their d-core looks bad. Although they're a rebuilding team, you'd think they'd be more willing to trade prospects than lose a roster player via trade.

http://nhlnumbers.com/2012/8/6/florida-panthers-2012-13-annual-will-lightning-strike-twice

http://nhlnumbers.co...ng-strike-twice

Ok, here's an odd one that came to me today. What about Luongo to Dallas. Lehtonen is a great goaltender, but has been injury prone throughout his career. Dallas, like Chicago, also has plenty of NHL or nearly NHL ready prospects in their system, as well as $16mil in cap space. Dallas could also probably trade Lehtonen to the Maple Leafs for the as they have offered the Canucks for Luongo.

It could be something like:

To Dallas:

Luongo

Anthony

To Canucks:

Faksa

Klingberg

Or something along those lines. You guys can probably figure out something better.

Ok, here's an odd one that came to me today. What about Luongo to Dallas. Lehtonen is a great goaltender, but has been injury prone throughout his career. Dallas, like Chicago, also has plenty of NHL or nearly NHL ready prospects in their system, as well as $16mil in cap space. Dallas could also probably trade Lehtonen to the Maple Leafs for the as they have offered the Canucks for Luongo.

It could be something like:

To Dallas:

Luongo

Anthony

To Canucks:

Faksa who?

Klingberg what?

Or something along those lines. You guys can probably figure out something better.

Radek Faksa, their first pick this year, big scoring center currently playing in Kitchener.

John Klingberg, Swedish defender drafted by Dallas in 2010, scoring a bunch of points in the SEL and won playoff MVP in 2011.

You gotta know your prospects man!

Radek Faksa, their first pick this year, big scoring center currently playing in Kitchener.

John Klingberg, Swedish defender drafted by Dallas in 2010, scoring a bunch of points in the SEL and won playoff MVP in 2011.

You gotta know your prospects man!

Archived