The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

Perfect fit really... Ginger Plays fantastic for his home team, Lucic plays fantastic for his home team, everyone is extatically thrilled on the matter as Boston replaces Thomas the bad ass and Luongo and the Canucks get exactly what they don't have; playoff scoring, sign Doan and double so, a deadline deal lets say. Can the fans and Luogo just had a little fight?

Goaltending, defense, offense.

He was arguing with smurf, and I weighed in with logic, and got ignored.

I guess it's easier to argue with people who don't make you look as dumb, than it is to argue with someone who can point out the holes in your argument.

First of all, why is it a horrible deal? The Canucks get a young 6'3" high scoring center and one of the best defenders not playing in the NHL, exactly what people here have been clamoring for.

Second, I admitted that it wasn't great and suggested people come up with their own deals, so I don't see why you are being so antagonistic.

Couple of pages ago. I come to these boards and specifically this thread and look for your posts with great anticipation. I read them and then I blatantly ignore you on purpose because that's why I come to these boards and especially this thread.

Get a life mate.

As for your post, I did hear the Luongo interview where he said what he said. That said, he is property of the Vancouver Canucks and must report to camp whether one likes it or not and perform as he might during regular circumstances. There is no indication of animosity between the team, the coach, Luongo or Schneider concerning the matter, especially what media and fans have identified as the epicenter of such supposed animosity; Schneider's playoff takeover. The Kings looked like they were loaded on coke a la Messier/ Fuhr and the Canucks were being embarrassed.

By the way, the Canucks have lost to Chicago, Boston and Los Angeles; the last three Cup winners.

My point is this entire fiasco has been made much bigger by the media and fans, for the media and fans, than it actually is. AV had said things he shouldn't have, Gillis has said things he shouldn't have and Luongo has said things he shouldn't have. Entertainment at its finest.

That said, unloading Luongo for a bag of pucks when he IS the franchise is asinine to say the least. The amount of disrespectful and antsy fans like smurf-still-wet-behind-the-ears47 are they who Luongo supporters are busy fending off.

I am sure both Luongo and Schneider have been shopped. Both are worth immensely more than what Gillis could have gotten so far this summer and that is why, especially Luongo, remains a Canucks.

Gillis seems to be on the path of taking his time to make the right decision on what could amount to be the greatest trade in Canucks history after the Luongo for Bertuzzi trade. Is Luongo available? Yes he is. It is fact that Gillis has talked about it publicly. Is there any pressure to deal Luongo? No at all. This has also been stated by Gillis. Again, what has not been stated by Gillis and has become de facto assumption; Schneider is number one.

On Schneider, in order to avoid an offer sheet from another team, Gillis had to be offer 1G money for Schneider to remain with the team. No one so far has said he is number one except the media and fans. I'm not inventing here. There is only speculation. As loud as it might be, it is still mere speculation at this point. Even if Luongo were to play second fiddle to Schneider for a while, perhaps even until the trade deadline where many marginal teams would assuredly make the playoffs with the acquisition of a 1G like Luongo or even Schneider, it would not be bad in any way except to the impatient premadona emo now generation who cannot handle the emotional roller coaster ride of life and who will inevitably start WWIII based on the maltreatment of little animals.

Couple of pages ago. I come to these boards and specifically this thread and look for your posts with great anticipation. I read them and then I blatantly ignore you on purpose because that's why I come to these boards and especially this thread.

Get a life mate.

As for your post, I did hear the Luongo interview where he said what he said. That said, he is property of the Vancouver Canucks and must report to camp whether one likes it or not and perform as he might during regular circumstances. There is no indication of animosity between the team, the coach, Luongo or Schneider concerning the matter, especially what media and fans have identified as the epicenter of such supposed animosity; Schneider's playoff takeover. The Kings looked like they were loaded on coke a la Messier/ Fuhr and the Canucks were being embarrassed.

By the way, the Canucks have lost to Chicago, Boston and Los Angeles; the last three Cup winners.

My point is this entire fiasco has been made much bigger by the media and fans, for the media and fans, than it actually is. AV had said things he shouldn't have, Gillis has said things he shouldn't have and Luongo has said things he shouldn't have. Entertainment at its finest.

That said, unloading Luongo for a bag of pucks when he IS the franchise is asinine to say the least. The amount of disrespectful and antsy fans like smurf-still-wet-behind-the-ears47 are they who Luongo supporters are busy fending off.

I am sure both Luongo and Schneider have been shopped. Both are worth immensely more than what Gillis could have gotten so far this summer and that is why, especially Luongo, remains a Canucks.

Gillis seems to be on the path of taking his time to make the right decision on what could amount to be the greatest trade in Canucks history after the Luongo for Bertuzzi trade. Is Luongo available? Yes he is. It is fact that Gillis has talked about it publicly. Is there any pressure to deal Luongo? No at all. This has also been stated by Gillis. Again, what has not been stated by Gillis and has become de facto assumption; Schneider is number one.

On Schneider, in order to avoid an offer sheet from another team, Gillis had to be offer 1G money for Schneider to remain with the team. No one so far has said he is number one except the media and fans. I'm not inventing here. There is only speculation. As loud as it might be, it is still mere speculation at this point. Even if Luongo were to play second fiddle to Schneider for a while, perhaps even until the trade deadline where many marginal teams would assuredly make the playoffs with the acquisition of a 1G like Luongo or even Schneider, it would not be bad in any way except to the impatient premadona emo now generation who cannot handle the emotional roller coaster ride of life and who will inevitably start WWIII based on the maltreatment of little animals.

I was feeling a little ignored after 3 posts of quoting and addressing you.

I realize that there is always the possibility that Schneider COULD be the one dealt, and he likely has a slightly higher value. But, a good chess player can read moves 3 steps ahead of the game, and if you apply that thought process it is pretty easy to see that Luongo is on the move. It might be during the season, but I'd bet MG wants to move him before training camp.

Archived