The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

The
have contacted
this AM. New offer on the table submitted for Luongo. FLA actually gave VAN 2 choices (cont)

— Hockeyy Insiderr (@HockeyyInsiderr)

The
have offered Package A= Bjugstad+Matthias or Package B=Matthias+2013 1st for Luongo. Ball in
court.

— Hockeyy Insiderr (@HockeyyInsiderr)

This differs a lot from other people saying that FLA Wont give up even Bjugstad alone

But I can't help but wonder, that if this is on the table, wouldnt gillis have accepted and ran? (just realize it says this offer was made in morning, would make sense to think everything over fully for gillis)

PS - id personally go for package A

Well, lets see if hockeyy insiderr gets this right. Personally, I have my doubts.

It doesn't make a lot of sense, seeing as up until this point, all we were hearing is that Tallon didn't want to let Bjugstad go and mess with the Panthers' depth.

Now all of a sudden, he's relented and he's going to throw in Matthias as well?

Well, lets see if hockeyy insiderr gets this right. Personally, I have my doubts.

It doesn't make a lot of sense, seeing as up until this point, all we were hearing is that Tallon didn't want to let Bjugstad go and mess with the Panthers' depth.

Not sold on a Bjugstad package. I think he projects to be a solid, 2 way, 2nd line center in a few years, but how does that help us now? Our window to win is 2 years TOPS, after that we will still have a good team, but with likely not elite. I understand Gillis has his hands tied a bit here in terms of limited trading parters, so I'd prob take the deal. But then I would trade a prospect or two and our first rounder for a legit top 6 guy before the deadline.

Not sold on a Bjugstad package. I think he projects to be a solid, 2 way, 2nd line center in a few years, but how does that help us now? Our window to win is 2 years TOPS, after that we will still have a good team, but with likely not elite. The only way I like this deal if if we then trade a prospect or two and our first rounder for a top 6 guy before the deadline.

Archived