Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Templeton Peck

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

2,403 posts in this topic

LA is an elite team. If you look at their lineup, it's actually quite scary. And I'm not just saying this after they won a cup, I posted a topic before the playoffs began about how I thought the kings were going to be an absolute nightmare to defeat. Just think about this, they almost took us to game 7 a year before last (the year we went to the finals and were the favorites to win it all) without Kopitar, Carter, and Richards. Doughty is one of the best D-man in the league, they have one of the most dominant centers in the league in Kopitar, and their goalie just won the vezina and Conn Smythe; and then take into consideration these three guys at 23, 24, and 26 respectively are still getting better. Add onto that a supporting cast of olympians such as Brown, Richards, Carter; and also remember, they are going to get significant pieces back when they trade Bernier. Honestly, given their cap makeup, depth, youth, elite level skill, and prospect pool, LA is going to become a dynasty if they play their cards right. When's the last time a team ran through the playoffs in 20 games (average of 5 games per series)?

If we want to compete, our second line is going to require players better than the likes of Mason Raymond or Chris Higgins.

The only trading pieces of value we have right now are Luongo, Raymond (somewhat), and our first rounder. Guys like Jensen, Connauton, and Lack are worth far more than their current market value. So it's Gillis' job to acquire a legitimate top 6 guy before the deadline. He failed to do this last year at the deadline, and we paid for it in the first round. He has the assets needed to make a big move, he promised this when he took the job of GM, there won't be any excuses this time around.

LA is an elite team. If you look at their lineup, it's actually quite scary. And I'm not just saying this after they won a cup, I posted a topic before the playoffs began about how I thought the kings were going to be an absolute nightmare to defeat. Just think about this, they almost took us to game 7 a year before last (the year we went to the finals and were the favorites to win it all) without Kopitar, Carter, and Richards. Doughty is one of the best D-man in the league, they have one of the most dominant centers in the league in Kopitar, and their goalie just won the vezina and Conn Smythe; and then take into consideration these three guys at 23, 24, and 26 respectively are still getting better. Add onto that a supporting cast of olympians such as Brown, Richards, Carter; and also remember, they are going to get significant pieces back when they trade Bernier. Honestly, given their cap makeup, depth, youth, elite level skill, and prospect pool, LA is going to become a dynasty if they play their cards right. When's the last time a team ran through the playoffs in 20 games (average of 5 games per series)?

If we want to compete, our second line is going to require players better than the likes of Mason Raymond or Chris Higgins.

The only trading pieces of value we have right now are Luongo, Raymond (somewhat), and our first rounder. Guys like Jensen, Connauton, and Lack are worth far more than their current market value. So it's Gillis' job to acquire a legitimate top 6 guy before the deadline. He failed to do this last year at the deadline, and we paid for it in the first round. He has the assets needed to make a big move, he promised this when he took the job of GM, there won't be any excuses this time around.

Hey ya'll my sources told me that a deals almost done and Lu and Schroeder are heading to Edmonton for Hall.

Luongo, Hansen, Raymond, 1st for Bjugstad, Matthias & Howden?

They won't give up 3 young assets, for two older guys, a late 1st, and a guy who trips over lines painted under the ice..

Taken from the Luongo news thread so as to continue conversation in the Luongo discussion thread.

I'm surprised he didnt add a "Wow" Hashtag like usual.

Canucks asking price for Luongo is a package of Huberdeau, Theodore, and Gudbranson. Ball in your court florida. #WOW #Panthers #Canucks #Confirmed

See I'm a better insider.

Taken from the Luongo news thread so as to continue conversation in the Luongo discussion thread.

I like the idea of fair value. In my option, this is unbalanced but close to fair value where it merits to say Vancouver could add a little more. Not much. But a little more.

Luongo is not "done". He is contract heavy and ought not to be seen as a quick fix problem, but as the best asset the Canucks have not named Sedin.

No reason to panick on this one and rightly so.

Bjudgstad and Mattias or Mattias and a 1st, if the choice ends up being as such, good draft pool next summer but tradingLuongo to Florida might mean a low pick afterall...

I do like the idea of piling up on centers.

If you told me 2 months ago that Roberto Luongo wouldn't be traded before Aug 10th, I wouldn't believe you. Kind of shocked he hasnt been dealt yet, however Im glad Gillis has set a price and wont budge.

They won't give up 3 young assets, for two older guys, a late 1st, and a guy who trips over lines painted under the ice..

Mobile (why can't they just make a last page option for mobile)

Two over the hill Injured old veterans for David Booth, Steven Reinprecht, and a 3rd round pick says you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

There could be missing pieces from the report that wasn't mentioned or known, that Gillis could be mulling over. I'd doubt the Luongo would fetch Matthias and Bjugstad, without something or someone else going with Lui.

Tallon ain't no dummy.

Yeah I`d wager if we`re getting Matthias and Bjugstad, one of Schroeder, Raymond or Hansen is going the other way. Likely with a pick of some sort. Maybe that`s what`s being sorted out now with Gillis/Tallon. IMO Gillis wouldn`t give up more than a 3rd rounder...maybe 2nd if it`s Hansen or Schroeder or a 2nd... BIG maybe, a 1st if it's Raymond.

I`d be ok with losing one of Raymond/Hansen in that package anyway as our bottom 9 is starting to look a bit crowded if Kassian truly is expected to earn a spot somewhere in the top 9. (I see them sending him to the Wolves if he doesn't make the top 9 out of camp as the 1st line minutes there would serve him better than 4th line ones here IMO).

Sedin, Sedin, Bur

Booth, Kes, Kassian (Doan?)

Higgins, Matthias, Raymond/Hansen/Kassian

Manny, Lappy, Raymond/HansenVolpatti/Ebbett/etc

^^ That's a lot of dudes fighting it out for the bottom two right wing positions.

don't forget Jensen fighting for top 9 he is not out of the question

Yes, good point...forgot about him too.

That's why I feel GMMG would be ok letting one of Hansen/Raymond go. I mean I'd hate to HAVE to give up Hansen...he's a great "lunch pail" guy, has decent hands (for a bottom 6), is a tenacious checker, good salary etc...but that's also why he holds value to other teams...and you have to give to get.

Bjustad doesn't have an NHL contract with Florida (as per capgeek). I don't want him in case he pulls a Justin Schultz on the Nucks. Only want him if it's a guarantee that he'll sign a NHL contract. How many more years before Bjustad becomes a UFA?

I'd rather the Nucks make sure to get a guy under contract.

Maybe...

Luongo + Schroeder + Hansen for Matthias + Howden + 2nd 2013?