The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

Bure > Luongo as the most anticipated trade and trade of our best ever player. Lou is a great player, but Bure was a HHOF for being amongst the most electric players ever, in spite of an injury shortened career. Lou needs to up his game to be HHOF or compare with Pav. Bure was also being a much bigger jerk & that plus the always entertaining GM Burke handling it made the drama a lot more fun. :lol:

Naslund's acquisition #1 and then debate Sedins acquisition or Tuzzi/McCabe would also trump Lou leaving IMO...

Hansen>Matthias. Raymond>Budaj our problem over the past two playoffs has been secondary scoring, I'm not sure if getting rid of hansen and raymond for a low scoring 3rd liner and a crappy backup goalie is the best option. Sure raymond may never score 25 goals in a season again but I'd rather have him on the team then shipping him out for a crappy backup goalie when there is other options for a better backup goalie coming over through free agency (Ellis). I wouldn't mind Luongo + Schroeder + Raymond to FLA for Versteeg + Mattias + 2nd. If we don't sign Doan, fills a hole in the top 6 as well as the third line center position. Then sign Ellis for a year while Lack develops. Luongo = Versteeg, Schroeder + Raymond = Matthias + 2nd

GHL...you are entitled to your opinions...even to arguing against anything and everything that you disagree with that contradicts your position...but do yourself a favour...you'd get due respect if you;d start to show other people respect. Calling me names over the last while..or calling people "boy" show poor taste and lack of class ! Grow up !!

Where's Bure's Cup? Naslund's?

Naslund was traded for a bag of pucks called Stojanov, the Sedins' acquisition was one of the biggest trade in franchise history indeed but not the biggest.

The Bertuzzi/ Luongo trade stands as the biggest trade as of now and I certainly hope for the franchise's health that the Luongo trade will be the biggest yet.

When the Luongo trade was anounced, there was a collective heart stop for about 5 seconds. I don't recall any other trade having had that effect on the general population.

51 posts.

Now if you want to know my opinion on the subject, I suggest you read all 28 pages. I'm sure you'll find a quite a "few" posts I wrote regarding the matter.

Your double post does save bandwith indeed. Quoting yourself is arrogant. Or... was it an error newbie?

Leaving the cage open is not a good idea I see.

I think Kesler should be considered as an excellent 2C borderline 1C on a good team, i know 2 years ago you'd be saying the same thing... last year he had a down year, some will blame it to injury, some will blame it on lack of chemistry with Booth, and most will just blame Kesler.

Personally I don't care I expect the duo to play better and be a great second line.

Lol, honest mistake which I will own up to..it does seem ironic about me criticizing wasted bandwidth. But was more curious if you had anything to offer new on this page on the matter or just intentionally wasting bandwidth with your garbage. Like I said, damn school summer holidays. :lol:

as far as being a newbie, what's it to you? Are you running a VIP cheese club here and need to be on your dang list for approval. Shouldn't you be out shopping for shades that you can wear indoors at night clubs or getting a spray on tat? If you are a hockey fan and don't mind being constructive, let's hear it now then hearing sensless virtual gum flapping about nothing. I too am guilty of this simply for trying to direct the conversation back to what it was intended to be. You can have the last word if you wish, but I am through with you. Unless of course you have something to say about a potential Canuck rumour that's too good to resist commentary on.

PS: Less than a month until school is back in session.

Mid level prospects like Matthias and Petrovicky is about all we can expet because no team will offer a Huberdeau or Gudbranson. I would think even a Howden or Bjustad would take more than Lu alone.

Lu has very little value and to think his trade is going to have a huge impact and be "the trade" is pure fantasy.

Archived