The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

Imagine if we could somehow get Weiss out of Florida though. Even if we had to expand the deal it would be worth it.

Then sign Doan and trade Raymond and a pick for Franson...

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Shane Doan ($5.500m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Stephen Weiss ($3.100m)

Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Chris Higgins ($1.900m)

Zack Kassian ($0.870m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Dale Weise ($0.666m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)

Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Cody Franson ($1.200m)

Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)

GOALTENDERS

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

Eddie Lack ($0.850m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,660,500; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $539,500

Now that's the kind of stacked team that I'm dreaming about. That's about what it would take to put us over the top.

Doan not coming here, Raymond no to little value, Weiss plays center and has an extremely low cap hit, will not be traded. Realistic options for nucks are arnott and sykora and maybe a one year deal for semin at 5. Doan will get multiyear offers even though he is old.

http://www2.tsn.ca/w...stid=11655&id=1

Dreger was on TSN radio today, he talked briefly about Luongo.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but Dregers comments about Luongo going public is garbage IMO. "He needs to get his hands dirty" "he needs to go public to get this thing rolling". How is Luongo talking publicly about wanting out going to help his cause? All it will do is hurt Gillis negotiating power, I don't understand why Dreger would suggest this.

Anywhoo, give it a listen if you want.

EDIT: Apparently Lu's brother-

Leo Luongo@louie8413

Dreger still hoping Luongo and the Canucks will muck it up, and in the end, accept a garbage deal from the Leafs. Give it up Dreger. Not taking Komisarek or any other Leafs spare parts or garbage contracts. Want an elite franchise goaltender? Get real and make a realistic offer. The bad contract card, salary dump angle and any other wishful Leaf lowballs fail. Do we really care if the Leafs are impatient? No. Who wants to deal with them anyway?

Dreger still hoping Luongo and the Canucks will muck it up, and in the end, accept a garbage deal from the Leafs. Give it up Dreger. Not taking Komisarek or any other Leafs spare parts or garbage contracts. Want an elite franchise goaltender? Get real and make a realistic offer. The bad contract card, salary dump angle and any other wishful Leaf lowballs fail. Do we really care if the Leafs are impatient? No. Who wants to deal with them anyway?

Doesn't prove your argument that Weiss will come here or doan or raymond will be traded!

You have no crystal ball. I have no crystal ball. You pull crap out of your ass I say crap to start an argument based on the same absurd principals.

Ya, it was a bizarre comment from him IMO. I couldn't understand why he would even suggest that. He didn't suggest that Nash do the same a few weeks ago, so why Lu? He just seems like he's trying to start some drama.

The funny thing is, Lus brothers tweet basically states a team 'not' on Lu's list made an offer. The offer was obviously good enough that Gillis talked to Lu about it - which he must have declined. So Dregers saying there isn't much of a market, yet we know at some point Florida, Chicago, Toronto and 'mystery team' were interested. 4 teams is a pretty good market. Sometimes it seems like Dregers doing Burkes bidding - although I don't think it's that uncommon. I think GMs often give these 'insiders' info for various self serving reasons.

Archived