The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

??????

Luongo's stats weren't great, but Luongo played very well last year. I thought he played a lot better than the season prior when he had what was statistically the best season of his career. Luongo started playing more of a hybrid style by coming out aggressively once in awhile and trusting his instincts than staying back all the time like he did the year before. He also held his glove hand higher and it seemed like his glove hand was back to being what it used to be.

A lot of people on this board think Luongo went down from last season, but I don't see it that way. I think people's memories have been contorted by what happened in the playoffs where Schneider took over, but Luongo was the main reason we were winning a bulk of the games we were winning this season by letting in one less goal than the other team - whereas last season, we won by scoring a bunch more than other teams.

??????

Luongo's stats weren't great, but Luongo played very well last year. I thought he played a lot better than the season prior when he had what was statistically the best season of his career. Luongo started playing more of a hybrid style by coming out aggressively once in awhile and trusting his instincts than staying back all the time like he did the year before. He also held his glove hand higher and it seemed like his glove hand was back to being what it used to be.

A lot of people on this board think Luongo went down from last season, but I don't see it that way. I think people's memories have been contorted by what happened in the playoffs where Schneider took over, but Luongo was the main reason we were winning a bulk of the games we were winning this season by letting in one less goal than the other team - whereas last season, we won by scoring a bunch more than other teams.

I guess thats what this board is for...to cast your opinions...whether they make sense or not ! His stats were way down which equates to a poorer season. His change in style(other than raised glove) was not effective. Glad you think he looked good. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder !

I guess thats what this board is for...to cast your opinions...whether they make sense or not ! His stats were way down which equates to a poorer season. His change in style(other than raised glove) was not effective. Glad you think he looked good. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder !

Exactly.Which makes me wonder.... what would people think of a straight up deal for Brooks Laich? The Caps have Backstrom, Ribiero, Johansson, Perreault and Beagle down the middle without him.

Which is actually 31 and 22 !! On a First placed team? hardly Stellar and GAA of 2.41 up from 2.11 when he was playing a better shutdown style. 14th and 16th in the league in goaltending stats and a dud against LA. If you had any technical knowledge about goaltending you might understand my position better but betting most of you don;t !

If that was Schneider's record you'd be praising him. And Luongo was anything BUT a dud in the LA series. If it weren't for him we probably would've lost the first two games by 5+ instead of 4-2 in both of them.

Now take your Luongo hate glasses off and realize the fact that Luongo is an elite goalie that any team needing a starter would love to have.

If that was Schneider's record you'd be praising him. And Luongo was anything BUT a dud in the LA series. If it weren't for him we probably would've lost the first two games by 5+ instead of 4-2 in both of them.

Now take your Luongo hate glasses off and realize the fact that Luongo is an elite goalie that any team needing a starter would love to have.

Archived