The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

Prevailing CDC logic amongst the trade Schneider camp seems to be that the Canucks should trade him because he has more value and would bring back a greater return.

Not going to argue with that, but by the same logic, Pittsburgh made a mistake trading Staal when they could have moved Crosby or Malkin for a greater return.

"A bird in hand is worth two in the bush."

Prevailing CDC logic amongst the trade Schneider camp seems to be that the Canucks should trade him because he has more value and would bring back a greater return.

Not going to argue with that, but by the same logic, Pittsburgh made a mistake trading Staal when they could have moved Crosby or Malkin for a greater return.

"A bird in hand is worth two in the bush."

Opposite, if Luongo and Schneider are at the same level, though I believe Luongo is better and Schneids is unproven... Then why would you not trade the one who has a higher trade value, get more in return, and make a damn run for the cup while we have the chance! Makes no sense to trade the lesser valued goalie if they are both great. What you'd rather have a star young gun top 6, or a couple plugs?

Are you serious? You think it would take Gillis (theoretically) along the lines of

Bobby Ryan

Subban

Brouwer

Huberdeau (a future first liner)

1st rounder

for Schneider? I'd have to think he'd give him up for 3, maybe even 2 of those depending on which ones in combo.

Opposite, if Luongo and Schneider are at the same level, though I believe Luongo is better and Schneids is unproven... Then why would you not trade the one who has a higher trade value, get more in return, and make a damn run for the cup while we have the chance! Makes no sense to trade the lesser valued goalie if they are both great. What you'd rather have a star young gun top 6, or a couple plugs?

Exactly.

The Canucks had a playoff hangover last year AND lost their number one offensive talent to a concussion. Let's trade Luongo it's all his fault.

One must understand that not only did L.A. Have most all of its team intact, they also traded for the two Philly franchise players. STACKED.

And the Canucks did lose to Chicago, Boston and L.A.; the last three Cup winners.

If they had lost to teams that did not eventually win the Cup it would be a different story.

I don't want to sound like a dick or call you a liar by any means but I was wondering where that quote came from. I haven't read all the articles on this saga and I seem to have missed when Lu actually said this. Just wondering if you could provide a link to the article with this quote.

Archived