The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

I don't think Howson had any advantage on MG with Nash..........Nash had a longer list of teams he was willing to go to, but his contract is much bigger and less value for the caphit.......throw in that a top (or near top) level starter who will guarantee your team at least 30-40 wins is a more valuable than a 70 point lw and I thinkMG has a more valuable asset than Howson did.

I was comparing Howson's position vs Burke. The Laffers have no comparable to Nash on their Roster. IMHO the CBJ have more depth. Burke is trying to revive a franchise by UFA's and trades from a roster that really doesn't give him anything to work with. His big trade for a suspect player like Kessel cost him to 1st rounders who will be top level.

I would be upset at either one of these trades. Why would u take Bjugstad and a pick for lu? This helps us in no way right now. I would rather take Gudbranson straight up no pick and hold out for a minimum of that then take a prospect who may not be a good player in the nhl and a mid 1st round pick

Who the hell cares about Dreger, he has an opinion so what!

I do believe the value has slightly dropped or basically stayed the same. We can all say what we want, the bottom line is, a player is only worth what a team(s) willing to pay. If that price is less valuable than what we got then no sale!

At this point Gillis may need to take this into the season to drive up his value, and we all know what Luongo's October is like!

Okay guys, bear with me here, I think, now this is the tough part, I think we should trade, got it, trade Luongo, to another team, get it? We should, like soon, trade Luongo. He, now I'm not even kidding, asked to be traded. To another team. For a lot. Or not a lot. Maybe in between.

And this is how Luongo trade discussion has been for the past month.

Archived