The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

So the Canucks win the President's Trophy and go to a SCF, lose to the meanie Beanies, play the next season on a playoff hangover, win the President's Trophy again but lose in the first round to the eternal cokeheads, the fans call for Luongo's head promptly, the league and players start their little fight over money, league wide trading and signing is stalled but Luongo isn't traded to whoever wants a bag of pucks with a heartbeat so now you're calling for the man's head who is ultimately responsible for it all?

Thanks for explaining the difference between a rumour and a fact... I won't be surprised if Luongo is dealt later, Gillis would cough up some of the details of offers received that didn't materialize. So we'll see.

Even if we win the Cup, it won't affect my and your daily routines.

Schenn at the 6th position is a huge upgrade over Alberts or Tanev. He is probably better than Ballard at 5th, with good potential to be top 4 D. And he is still very young with room to grow. With the remaining cap room saved we can get a vet goaltender. If you want to call it a quick fix, then I say a quick fix is better than no fix. Luongo has already publicly stated that the Canucks should move him. You want him back next year?

Thanks for explaining the difference between a rumour and a fact... I won't be surprised if Luongo is dealt later, Gillis would cough up some of the details of offers received that didn't materialize. So we'll see.

Even if we win the Cup, it won't affect my and your daily routines.

Schenn at the 6th position is a huge upgrade over Alberts or Tanev. He is probably better than Ballard at 5th, with good potential to be top 4 D. And he is still very young with room to grow. With the remaining cap room saved we can get a vet goaltender. If you want to call it a quick fix, then I say a quick fix is better than no fix. Luongo has already publicly stated that the Canucks should move him. You want him back next year?

Tanev is cool as school, but Schenn is a mobile and physical shut down Dman. He has much to learn still but his upsides are far higher than Tanev's. There is a reason why Phili gave up JVR for him.

If he isn't hinting at asking for a trade, then maybe he wishes to be waived, which I doubt. I don't know how else to define "move on".

Having Lu and Schneider has given us and will definitely give us the best goaltending tandem in the league going forward, but it wouldn't give us a better team.

Schneider + veteran backup at around $2M + Schenn (for instance) > Lu + Schneider

It is a better allocation of cap and gives us more defensive depth. You can only play one goalie at a time, you know.

Tanev is cool as school, but Schenn is a mobile and physical shut down Dman. He has much to learn still but his upsides are far higher than Tanev's. There is a reason why Phili gave up JVR for him.

If he isn't hinting at asking for a trade, then maybe he wishes to be waived, which I doubt. I don't know how else to define "move on".

Having Lu and Schneider has given us and will definitely give us the best goaltending tandem in the league going forward, but it wouldn't give us a better team.

Schneider + veteran backup at around $2M + Schenn (for instance) > Lu + Schneider

It is a better allocation of cap and gives us more defensive depth. You can only play one goalie at a time, you know.

You're welcome. I hope you abide by those rules for they apply in all aspects of life.

Pretty sure Shenn will have a bigger role in Philly than he would have had in Vancouver.

As for "fixing" the goaltending situation in Vancouver, you can't really fix what has become known as the best goaltending tandem in the league.

Find me the quote where Luongo has publicly stated that the Canucks should move him. "it's been a great six years but now it's time to move on" is not asking for a trade. Stating he would waive his NTC for the team's best interest if asked do to so is not publicly asking for a trade.

Get me facts.

Archived