The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

And those implications are what?

All I think that'd do is put more pressure on MG to get a deal done quicker. Kind of a pointless thing to wait around for, anyway, as what do you honestly think the chances are of Shane Doan becoming a Canuck, when he doesn't want to play anywhere but Phoenix?

Botchford said that Lu vetoed a deal to the Leafs already. He has no reason to lie. I don't think the Leafs are an option - don't see why Luongo would want to go there. Rumor has it that it was Lu for Schenn. Lu declined.

Come on. You seriously see no issues with bringing back Luongo? You don't think that it'd be a distraction that would have an adverse effect?

HE DOESN'T WANT TO BE HERE.

Don't you get it? How pathetic does this organization look if they force veteran Luongo to sit his ass on the bench when he's publicly asked to be moved multiple times? The answer is that it looks very, very pathetic, especially since it was Vancouver's choice (and not Luongo's) to make Schneider the starter.

Seriously, should the Ottawa Senators have forced Dany Heatley to report to camp, and play him a few minutes per game to spite him? If somebody doesn't want to be here, they should be shown the door ASAP. Brian Burke coined that phrase a long time ago and if this organization has any pride, it should still apply. Trade the man and move on.

Not sure why'd the Canucks would be interested in Franson at this point - perhaps a good depth right handed blueliner to have in the system, but what will his cap hit be? Did he accept a qualifying (RFA) offer? With a bottom pairing of Ballard and Tanev where would Franson fit in? (with Alberts, Connauton and Sauve also depth in the system). I think that might have been a reasonably fair hockey trade before the draft - but at this point it makes a little less sense. The Canucks went out and drafted Gaunce and Mallet in addition to picking up Garrison - the future depth at those two positions now looks different. At this point, is Colborne a reasonable centerpiece in a Luongo deal or an upgrade over Schroeder?

Botchford is as much of an outsider as you and I - he and his mentor couldn't possibly alienate themselves from the Canucks as sources any more than they have. His credibility imo rivals hockeyyinsiderr, Eklund, Samjam, etc...

Assuming that the Schenn offer had a chance to be rejected by Luo would be to assume that Gillis did not do the honours of rejecting it himself. That is what I believe happened, thankfully.

Really, so Botchford's access with his media pass doesn't make him any more of an insider, right? Can I take a guess that when Gallagher published his famed article on Hodgson in December, you were one of the people screaming "he's an alarmist! just trying to sell papers! don't listen to him!!!" Am I right?

And BTW - Luke Schenn's not that bad. I'm not a huge fan, but he's a top-four defenseman. Him as a return for Luongo would've been excellent.

Garrison was signed, yes, but Salo was lost, as was Rome. That means that we're still in a net-loss position at D. I think it's a reach to think that Tanev can come in and replace Rome seamlessly - underrated player, Aaron Rome was/is, and, as far as I know, Tanev still weighs about as much as an average 15 year-old boy. He'll get bullied around, probably spend a lot of time in the press box.

To be honest, I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to acquiring a guy like Komisarek, especially if it meant that we could then, in addition, also get a guy like Kadri or their first in 2013. Komi's a vet, he's big, and he's physical. For this team, specifically, he could be a good fit. He's also under contract for only 2 more years, so we're not married to him. And at $4.5M, it's not like he can give us any less than what Ballard's given us for 2 years. Maybe this would do it:

To TORONTO: Luongo, Ballard

To VANCOUVER: Komisarek, Franson, Kadri

How on earth can we say Gillis handled something poorly that hasn't even happened!!

Hahaha.

The "Credible"sources have indicated a serious offer was never on the table. Everyone thinks some kinda big conspiracy is taking place. Dreger is propaganda for leaf nation, or gillis is driving up Cory's value.

Hahaha, you are all pathetic

It's pretty basic, nobody wants Luongo.

Luongo wants to be traded, he says so every chance he gets. Gillis can't trade him, because knowone wants him.

What the hell is he suppose to do?

The only person to blame is Luongo.

Shut your mouth you millionaire crybaby.

Nobody cares that you wanna be #1

Nobody cares that you wanna live in Florida with your family.

Just shut the hell up and let your BOSS sign your paycheque and handle your situation.

In the meantime, gel your hair, play poker then tweet about it.

Really, so Botchford's access with his media pass doesn't make him any more of an insider, right? Can I take a guess that when Gallagher published his famed article on Hodgson in December, you were one of the people screaming "he's an alarmist! just trying to sell papers! don't listen to him!!!" Am I right?

And BTW - Luke Schenn's not that bad. I'm not a huge fan, but he's a top-four defenseman. Him as a return for Luongo would've been excellent.

Garrison was signed, yes, but Salo was lost, as was Rome. That means that we're still in a net-loss position at D. I think it's a reach to think that Tanev can come in and replace Rome seamlessly - underrated player, Aaron Rome was/is, and, as far as I know, Tanev still weighs about as much as an average 15 year-old boy. He'll get bullied around, probably spend a lot of time in the press box.

To be honest, I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to acquiring a guy like Komisarek, especially if it meant that we could then, in addition, also get a guy like Kadri or their first in 2013. Komi's a vet, he's big, and he's physical. For this team, specifically, he could be a good fit. He's also under contract for only 2 more years, so we're not married to him. And at $4.5M, it's not like he can give us any less than what Ballard's given us for 2 years. Maybe this would do it:

To TORONTO: Luongo, Ballard

To VANCOUVER: Komisarek, Franson, Kadri

Yeah, that one. And then this site (probably you, very loudly) went on and on and on about how Gallagher is no more of an insider than any of us, how Hodgson and the Canucks are deeply in love, how all is merry and raining gumdrops in Rogers Arena. Whoops.

Oh, and let me guess - you're happy that Salo and Rome are gone, because Tanev is a better player than either, right?

And if my proposal's ridiculous, let's hear yours. Here's my prediction:

To VANCOUVER: Kessel, Phaneuf, 40% ownership of MLSE, a weekend with Jennifer Burke

To TORONTO: Luongo, 2015 6th round pick

How on earth can we say Gillis handled something poorly that hasn't even happened!!

Hahaha.

The "Credible"sources have indicated a serious offer was never on the table. Everyone thinks some kinda big conspiracy is taking place. Dreger is propaganda for leaf nation, or gillis is driving up Cory's value.

Luongo wants to be traded, he says so every chance he gets. Gillis can't trade him, because knowone wants him.

Just shut the hell up and let your BOSS sign your paycheque and handle your situation.

Hahaha.

Hahaha.

Schenn is 22 years old - and now a veteran of 4 seasons. He played in all but 3 games last year, so I'm not sure what you're talking about re: the press box. He's PPG has increased each season that he's been in the league, and he's of course known for his defense.

Not my favorite player, either, but he's pretty good. Middle-pairing d-man for the next decade, I would think.

Why?

His AHL production has been a lot better than what Cody's was, or Schroeder's. He's got good upside. Don't let the fact that he didn't immediately set the NHL on fire, like Jeff Skinner, dissuade you.

I'll repeat - he can't give us any less than what Ballard has.

Schenn is 22 years old - and now a veteran of 4 seasons. He played in all but 3 games last year, so I'm not sure what you're talking about re: the press box. He's PPG has increased each season that he's been in the league, and he's of course known for his defense.

Not my favorite player, either, but he's pretty good. Middle-pairing d-man for the next decade, I would think.

Why?

His AHL production has been a lot better than what Cody's was, or Schroeder's. He's got good upside. Don't let the fact that he didn't immediately set the NHL on fire, like Jeff Skinner, dissuade you.

I'll repeat - he can't give us any less than what Ballard has.

Archived