Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2402 replies to this topic

#541 hockeyfan90

hockeyfan90

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:25 PM

I hope you mean Weiss... Bjugstad hasn't even played an NHL game yet.

I think he means Weiss and I agree with him. Don't know so many people here are suggesting that Florida would even consider trading Weiss. Florida's top line of Fleishmann (however u spell it), Versteeg, and Weiss produced very well last year. I wouldn't understand why they would even tamper with that line unless they are getting a elite forward.

Edited by hockeyfan90, 04 August 2012 - 06:27 PM.

#542 Canuck919191

Canuck919191

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

I hope you mean Weiss... Bjugstad hasn't even played an NHL game yet.

Yes, of course Weiss.

And it's not surprise that the boneheads that include Weiss in their proposal also include Bjustad + more with him like Florida is willing to give their best assets for our castaways lol

#543 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:56 PM

Another poster who gets it. I for one am very glad Gillis is our GM. He takes his time to analyze. He makes excellent decisions.

I don't buy this situation as being urgent and I don't think the owners, the GM, Luongo himself not his agent Lupien are in a hurry. At the end of the day, everyone gets paid, even Schneider and his $4.000 MIL/ yr.

Schneider's new salary as an RFA is rather expensive and I see it as a compensation for NOT being the number one yet. As an RFA, he has no bargaining power except on term.

I am glad and hope it runs as such, to have a Luongo/ Schneider tandem. Schneider is NOT fully trained to take over the Canucks' number one position. Maybe another team like Columbus or NYI but not the Canucks.

The Canucks need Luongo more than Luongo needs the Canucks.

You keep beating the same old drum !! To say that Schneider is NOT fully trained to replace Luongo is nothing short of rediculous. Schneider has paid his dues and is far more technically sound than your buddy Lou. Schneids outplayed Lou last season by a wide margin. What does it take for you to see reality? You don;t acknowledge stats, have no goaltending background and disregard the voices of reason....so...what do YOU base this opinion on?

#544 superman2411

superman2411

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:35 AM

Well i heard from a friend who knows a guy that is supposedly sells hot dogs at the rink that Roberto Luongo is a communist, and the real reason he wants to go to florida is to be closer to Cuba ... that commie ?#$@%$@!!!

#545 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,445 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:45 AM

POPULAR

Well i heard from a friend who knows a guy that is supposedly sells hot dogs at the rink that Roberto Luongo is a communist, and the real reason he wants to go to florida is to be closer to Cuba ... that commie ?#$@%$@!!!

We really need to neg button back...

#546 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,016 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:48 AM

We really need to neg button back...

Mmmhmmm.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#547 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:37 AM

You keep beating the same old drum !! To say that Schneider is NOT fully trained to replace Luongo is nothing short of rediculous. Schneider has paid his dues and is far more technically sound than your buddy Lou. Schneids outplayed Lou last season by a wide margin. What does it take for you to see reality? You don;t acknowledge stats, have no goaltending background and disregard the voices of reason....so...what do YOU base this opinion on?

Drum?

I KNOW GOALTENDING. I RIGHT! YOU WRONG!

Sounds a little over the top...

I ackgnowledge statistics alright, especially when the body of stats presented far outweigh another body of stats in time. Luongo is stable and proven compared to Schneider's at this time.

My goaltending background is irrelevant, as is yours since you keep referring to it. If you were that good, you would A: not be constantly referring to it to prove you're right, B: your disdain for Luongo would not exist and C: you would be too busy playing goal to write on CDC.

THIS. is the voice of reason.

Now son, please do abide by they who see clear and open your mind to the possibility that you, smurf, might be VERY. wrong. and only repeat what you hear.

Edited by GHL, 05 August 2012 - 08:48 AM.

Posted Image

#548 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:52 AM

Drum?

I ackgnowledge statistics alright, especially when the body of stats presented far outweigh another body of stats in time. Luongo is stable and proven compared to Schneider's at this time.

My goaltending background is irrelevant, as is yours since you keep referring to it. If you were that good, you would A: not be constantly referring to it to prove you're right, B: your disdain for Luongo would not exist and C: you would be too busy playing goal to write on CDC.

Now son, please do abide by they who see clear and open your mind to the possibility that you, smurf, might be VERY. wrong. and only repeat what you hear.

Management thinks Schneider is the go to guy....so...thats good enough for me....I trust in their opinion more than I trust your misguided faith !! and to think Luongo is stable is wishful thinking on your part ...lately..he has shown to be anything but...again...management disagrees with you !!

#549 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:59 AM

Management thinks Schneider is the go to guy....so...thats good enough for me....I trust in their opinion more than I trust your misguided faith !! and to think Luongo is stable is wishful thinking on your part ...lately..he has shown to be anything but...again...management disagrees with you !!

I don't disagree with management. I disagree with you.

Management will do what they need to do. They seem to be rather patient though. Wouldn't you say there tiny little buddy little? I would not be surprised to see both goaltenders back with the Canucks to start the season, even until the trade deadline or for one more year.

But of course, that type of information you omit because:

I KNOW GOALTENDING! I RIGHT! YOU WRONG!

Edited by GHL, 05 August 2012 - 09:02 AM.

Posted Image

#550 cdubuya

cdubuya

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:47 AM

Last I checked, FLA made the playoffs because they're the best team in the weakest NHL division.

I don't see their lineup laced with superstars and if their farm were better than their current roster, why aren't they playing in the hogs already.

I call bullsh!t on all accounts. Huberdeau MIGHT... be the only legitimate future superstar. The rest, including gofer Bjugstad, are barely "stars".

And they want Edler to boot.

FLA
Luongo
Edler
Schroeder

VAN
Campbell
Versteeg
Huberdeau
Bjugstad
Gudbranson

This is a two year President trophy winning team dealing with a Southern Division de facto playoff team.

The Detroit model is very Capitalist: the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Florida must pay up for what they want: a franchise goaltender, a franchise defenseman (compared to Lidstrom on numerous occasions) and an energy center.

Fla was a good team who came a goal away from beating the eventual eastern conference champs.

Capitalist system? The rich get richer? You clearly don't know anything about capitalism.

As for your trade proposal....

Edited by cdubuya, 05 August 2012 - 10:48 AM.

Posted Image

#551 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,659 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:32 AM

Dumb mobile version

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#552 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:21 PM

Fla was a good team who came a goal away from beating the eventual eastern conference champs.

Capitalist system? The rich get richer? You clearly don't know anything about capitalism.

As for your trade proposal....

Thanks for coming out with an enticing post.

You're obviously concentrating on "the poor get poorer".

You're choice really.

Edited by GHL, 05 August 2012 - 12:33 PM.

Posted Image

#553 Samuel Påhlsson

Samuel Påhlsson

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:39 PM

Thanks for coming out with an enticing post.

You're obviously concentrating on "the poor get poorer".

You're choice really.

You are choice? Really?

SYvE9NH.gif

#554 Rodzilla

Rodzilla

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:44 PM

You are choice? Really?

I really believe some people just guess when it comes to "your" and "you're"

Posted Image

#555 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:08 PM

iPhone

Edited by GHL, 05 August 2012 - 01:15 PM.

Posted Image

#556 sirensong

sirensong

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:20 PM

Ever typed on an iphone?

#557 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:22 PM

I noticed this is old and probably has been talked about, but it still just made my day lol. TSN's Jay Onrait shuts down SAMJAM99.

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#558 TRR

TRR

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:25 PM

Drum?

Ad hominem; when in doubt - blame the other's character.
Posted Image

#559 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:01 PM

Ad hominem; when in doubt - blame the other's character.

I agree with managements position on goaltending...so..if you disagree with my point of view...you therefore, must disagree with Canuck managements point of view...not rocket science...but might be as tuff to figure for you.

#560 AndyBernard

AndyBernard

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:08 PM

Ever typed on an iphone?

I actually find no problem with it.. especially figuring the difference between your and you're
Posted Image
credit - VintageCanuck

#561 Gady

Gady

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

could you kindly point us to links with those "management's opinions"? And, please, please, try to separate your conclusions from actual statements.
Love your enemies - it will drive them crazy ...

#562 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

could you kindly point us to links with those "management's opinions"? And, please, please, try to separate your conclusions from actual statements.

was directed at GHL sorry

#563 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:58 PM

One could conclude, based on all the info. that the Canucks are keeping Schneider and have Lou on the trading block....is a clear enough statement as to who they think is the go to goalie !!

#564 Gady

Gady

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:06 PM

One could conclude, based on all the info. that the Canucks are keeping Schneider and have Lou on the trading block....is a clear enough statement as to who they think is the go to goalie !!

Well, as was expected - just "one could conclude" ... And "another one" could conclude not exactly the same, or even exactly NOT the same. BTW, MG actually STATED multiple times, that he's comfortable to start season WITH Luongo. So much for "management disagrees" ...

And what about "management" think that Luongo was "anything but" stable?
Love your enemies - it will drive them crazy ...

#565 TRR

TRR

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

I agree with managements position on goaltending...so..if you disagree with my point of view...you therefore, must disagree with Canuck managements point of view...not rocket science...but might be as tuff to figure for you.

:picard:
You must slow. I was commenting on what GHL was saying - not you...
Posted Image

#566 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:12 PM

Schneider is ready to be given a shot at being a number 1 but will just have to find out how he handles the grind of it and playing through the fatigue ,As for you pumping his tires with this whole malarky of his wide margin of out playing Luongo makes you loose any possible credibility you had in your post .

You dont need to fabricate things to try and show who you prefer in net
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#567 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:42 PM

Where's the link smurf? That's twice you claim fact when in fact you have no fact to claim.

Where's the link smurf?

Edited by GHL, 05 August 2012 - 07:58 PM.

Posted Image

#568 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:07 PM

:picard:

#569 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:21 PM

I actually find no problem with it.. especially figuring the difference between your and you're

yeah.. just an e at the end lol
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#570 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:28 PM

Schneider is ready to be given a shot at being a number 1 but will just have to find out how he handles the grind of it and playing through the fatigue ,As for you pumping his tires with this whole malarky of his wide margin of out playing Luongo makes you loose any possible credibility you had in your post .

You dont need to fabricate things to try and show who you prefer in net

Schneider outperforming Lou is verified in the stats published by the NHL....they are not my opinion...they are just the facts posted for public scrutiny....you can disagree...you can justify your opinion however you like. I believe that management have opted to go with Schneider....take that however you like...I'm guessing...at the end of the day...Lou will get traded and the team will go with Schneider and then all this will be old news. Time will tell. I also believe schneider is better..you are welcome to your own opinion without malice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.