Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2402 replies to this topic

#601 CanuckGM2013

CanuckGM2013

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:03 PM

Ok i dont know wat game you were watching but luongo was not great in either and definetely not stellar or exceptional.

god it kills me to watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhcyhGZEpeU&feature=related

the first goal was not really his fault but he shoulda had it

the second goal he shoulda had but i can see how he didnt get it ]

and the third goal was not his fault, unreal play by carter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY9dfqAC4qQ

the first goal was totally luongos fault, like wat? just lay down and spread pout and hope it hits u?

the second goal was an absolute joke, luongo does not understand that if he drops then they r just going to shoot high! he didnt even try!

the third goal was him on the ground . again. but not totally his fault

the fourth goal was ridiculous he didnt put any effort in.

now i understand not all of it was his fault as the defence was not great by any means however he did not help the matter.

his stats:

game 1: 921% save percentage.
game 2: 846% save percentage.

your videos do not support your comments ans serve as the weakest rebuttal i have seen in a while.its quite obvious you do not know hockey.

Game1
First goal 5 on 3 understandable miss read, coulda had it i suppose
second goal was deep into a major penalty he was being lit up and it was a good screen only so much can be done
third goal off the skate, would have taken the save of the year

Game 2
first goal was not his fault he got bulldozed by 3 players
second goal absolutely no defense and a great finish, he had no chance
third goal it was caught up in players feet, very hard to see , eventually jammed through.
fourth goal he had his own player oh his leg you retard he couldnt possibly get across, get some glasses buddy

you also failed to mention all the sensational save he maid and timely ones too. luongo played well both games and amazing the first one.

learn some hockey sometime

#602 CanuckGM2013

CanuckGM2013

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:11 PM

recalculate...take the minutes played...divide by 60 then divide that number into shots against....and the question was not who handles the puck better but who drops their goal stick the most !! Go back and read the post by Luongo on the stats on quality chances and tell me Luongo is better...The fact remains...the Canucks are trying to trade Luongo....and NOT Schneider....or did I miss that too? As for my so called "hard on" for Schneider....its my humble opinion that hes better than Lou...nothing more !!

luongo plays more tho and theres no stat so none uf us can answer who has lost it the most.

thats not because Schneider is better! Luongo wants out of vancouver and no team can take 9.333 million in goalies. Schnieder might be a good starter and want to play for them.

as for the post by Luongo it did not present a good argument to the defenses influence on stats. gotta learn to think dude. your the average canucks fan, a hockey retard. learn the sport buddy.

#603 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:15 PM

luongo plays more tho and theres no stat so none uf us can answer who has lost it the most.

thats not because Schneider is better! Luongo wants out of vancouver and no team can take 9.333 million in goalies. Schnieder might be a good starter and want to play for them.

as for the post by Luongo it did not present a good argument to the defenses influence on stats. gotta learn to think dude. your the average canucks fan, a hockey retard. learn the sport buddy.

I'll put up my 43 years of goaltending, and coaching against your resume any time pal !!

#604 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

I'll put up my 43 years of goaltending, and coaching against your resume any time pal !!

and answer the number of shots against...you conveniently avoided that topic !!

#605 CanuckGM2013

CanuckGM2013

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:18 PM

Why is that you make issue over .04 shots per game .yet conveniently disregard the .5 Goals per game that Lou allows ?????

because he said that they were over a shot different and its essentially the same was the point .

.5 goals a game is due to quality of chance and the fact luongo played 22 more games (or something like that)

#606 CanuckGM2013

CanuckGM2013

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

your still an average fan just making a scapegoat.

not sure if thats true, and if it is doesnt necessarily mean anything. as i know someone with similar experience and he thinks bruce wayne was a hockey player lol

#607 CanuckGM2013

CanuckGM2013

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:28 PM

Ok mr hotshot math expert...here are the correct numbers re shots against per game...based on NHL stats....

Schneider 945 SA, minutes on ice = 1832.5 divided by 60 min per game is 30.54 games played or 30.54 shots per game
Luongo 1577 sa, minutes on ice 3162 divided by 60 mins per game is 29.92 shots per game

I'll take your appology any time now !!!!!

sorry didnt realize we were taking 2 different routs to calculation either way we prove they face essentially the same number of shots

and where do you get these numbers? Who had a 2.37 GAA and .904 save %. Neither halak nor Elliot were over 2 and neither save % was below .926.

wow, just compared i dont know why the app i was using was so off. regardless i think halak edges out elliott. wasnt really a huge part of my initial argument anyways

#608 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,515 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

lmao Don cherry has alot of bogus experience too. doesn't mean I'll listen to his questionable opinions.

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#609 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

lmao Don cherry has alot of bogus experience too. doesn't mean I'll listen to his questionable opinions.

and yours doesn;t count for much either !!

#610 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:18 PM

sorry didnt realize we were taking 2 different routs to calculation either way we prove they face essentially the same number of shots

wow, just compared i dont know why the app i was using was so off. regardless i think halak edges out elliott. wasnt really a huge part of my initial argument anyways

But the point was...the Canucks play better for Schneids..and my point was..they give up more shots on Schneider...hardly playing better ! Could it be that Schneids plays better?

#611 CanuckGM2013

CanuckGM2013

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

But the point was...the Canucks play better for Schneids..and my point was..they give up more shots on Schneider...hardly playing better ! Could it be that Schneids plays better?

yes true but its not about amount (which is close to equal) its about quality of chances, and luongo faces more of those, not in a stat but if you watched all 82 games plus playoffs like me you know its true

#612 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,515 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:07 PM

and yours doesn;t count for much either !!

I'm not the one comparing hockey resumes on CDC pal. you said you had 40 odd years of goaltending experience, the only thing that tells me is that's your are a senial old man that has to be "right" about everything on these boards to make up for your own failed hockey career. it's a real shame someone showed you how to use the internet. spend some time gardening or something.

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#613 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,366 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:18 PM

I'm not the one comparing hockey resumes on CDC pal. you said you had 40 odd years of goaltending experience, the only thing that tells me is that's your are a senial old man that has to be "right" about everything on these boards to make up for your own failed hockey career. it's a real shame someone showed you how to use the internet. spend some time gardening or something.

First - It's "senile" and Smurf shows no signs of that.

Second - have you never heard "there is no substitute for experience"?

Thirdly - Did your parents (who it sounds like you still live with) not teach you to show respect for your elders?

Edited by DIBdaQUIB, 06 August 2012 - 05:21 PM.

#614 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:22 PM

Ugh, a trade needs to happen soon. Everyone is turning into nit-picky vultures in here.

#615 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,515 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:22 PM

1st. autocorrect on my phone. 2nd. actually bought my first house in march 22yrs old thank you. 3rd. I was taught to listen when it's time to listen speak when it's time to speak and always stand for what I believe. aaaaaand this is way off topic now haha. back to luuu discussion?

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#616 TowelPower12

TowelPower12

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:25 PM

Well i heard from a friend who knows a guy that is supposedly sells hot dogs at the rink that Roberto Luongo is a communist, and the real reason he wants to go to florida is to be closer to Cuba ... that commie ?#$@%$@!!!

Created an account just to post this? Quite the life you must have

#617 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:39 PM

First - It's "senile" and Smurf shows no signs of that.

Second - have you never heard "there is no substitute for experience"?

Thirdly - Did your parents (who it sounds like you still live with) not teach you to show respect for your elders?

Thanks Dib...but I hardly take offense to the opinions of the kids on here..but you are right..his disrespect is hardly an arguement or add anything to the topic...

#618 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,366 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:42 PM

Fair enough but, it's experience that teaches you when to listen and when to speak.

I sure hope Doan makes up his mind soon. We need some fresh meat to chew on.

#619 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,608 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:43 PM

Fanboys <_<

#620 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:45 PM

Fair enough but, it's experience that teaches you when to listen and when to speak.

I sure hope Doan makes up his mind soon. We need some fresh meat to chew on.

Yes .. I watch him a lot in Phoenix in the winter...I think he could be a great fit...at least it would end this goaltending fiasco...if we free up cap space foe Doan...

#621 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,515 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:49 PM

Yes .. I watch him a lot in Phoenix in the winter...I think he could be a great fit...at least it would end this goaltending fiasco...if we free up cap space foe Doan...

something we can all agree on.

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#622 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:17 PM

isn't it all about me?

#623 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:40 PM

Why the hell are you guys still talking about Cory vs Luongo?!

Luongo is not going forward with this team, we all need to just get over it and move on!!

I thought the title of the thread was pretty straight forward.

Maybe someone should make a Luongo VS Schneider thread in Canucks talk or revive one of the 45,000 of them!!

I like to use this thread to catch up on what is going on regarding the impending trade, see how people feel about it ect.

Don't really care how much you love Luongo or Schneider

Edited by Noheart, 06 August 2012 - 06:40 PM.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#624 TheRocket18

TheRocket18

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:40 PM

Ok so no move with Luo yet...
Guess we're waiting for that golf tourney or what...?
He's supposed to meet his agent there...

Hope that the long wait is worth more than Columbus got in return for Nash - but the options seem so narrowed down that my hope is very unlikely.

#625 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:03 PM

Why the hell are you guys still talking about Cory vs Luongo?!

Luongo is not going forward with this team, we all need to just get over it and move on!!

I thought the title of the thread was pretty straight forward.

Maybe someone should make a Luongo VS Schneider thread in Canucks talk or revive one of the 45,000 of them!!

I like to use this thread to catch up on what is going on regarding the impending trade, see how people feel about it ect.

Don't really care how much you love Luongo or Schneider

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Thanks.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

MirandaKerr.jpg
2 0 1 5 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#626 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,206 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:12 PM

Bogus experience? A lifetime of pro hockey, and a Jack Adams is bogus?

#627 sonoman

sonoman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Thanks.

^this
The pissing contests are getting tiresome. Sure would be nice to get some real news.

#628 TheRocket18

TheRocket18

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:38 PM

No doubt.

#629 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:47 PM

recalculate...take the minutes played...divide by 60 then divide that number into shots against....and the question was not who handles the puck better but who drops their goal stick the most !! Go back and read the post by Luongo on the stats on quality chances and tell me Luongo is better...The fact remains...the Canucks are trying to trade Luongo....and NOT Schneider....or did I miss that too? As for my so called "hard on" for Schneider....its my humble opinion that hes better than Lou...nothing more !!

Suppose Boston came and asked for Schneider for Lucic straight up. I sure hope Gillia would do it.

The Canucks with Luongo and Lucic is a far better team than the Canucks with Schneider and Bjugstad.

Posted Image

#630 ButterBean

ButterBean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:50 PM

Suppose Boston came and asked for Schneider for Lucic straight up. I sure hope Gillia would do it.

The Canucks with Luongo and Lucic is a far better team than the Canucks with Schneider and Bjugstad.

Except it would never happen unless Rask pisses the bed, which is very unlikely.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.