Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2402 replies to this topic

#631 StevenStamkos

StevenStamkos

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:58 PM

Except it would never happen unless Rask pisses the bed, which is very unlikely.

I don't think Rask will be too outstanding in his first season, neither do I think Schneider can keep up an >.925 sv. However I do feel that Schneider is a lot more calm and collected than Rask, who freaks out and rages after goals are scored.

Follow me on twitter! @RealStamkos91

#632 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,185 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:06 PM

Interesting read on the Panthers. After reading this, I'm not sure they can afford to lose any of their roster. Or at least the top line. They are incredibly top heavy, and their d-core looks bad. Although they're a rebuilding team, you'd think they'd be more willing to trade prospects than lose a roster player via trade.

http://nhlnumbers.co...ng-strike-twice

#633 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:26 PM

Suppose Boston came and asked for Schneider for Lucic straight up. I sure hope Gillia would do it.

The Canucks with Luongo and Lucic is a far better team than the Canucks with Schneider and Bjugstad.

Gillis is not a moron, so obviously this hasn't happened.

I wish you would go back two pages and reply to MY comments too.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#634 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:32 PM

Interesting read on the Panthers. After reading this, I'm not sure they can afford to lose any of their roster. Or at least the top line. They are incredibly top heavy, and their d-core looks bad. Although they're a rebuilding team, you'd think they'd be more willing to trade prospects than lose a roster player via trade.

A link, A thought, and it is about the topic!!

Ladies and Gentlemen we have a post

Thanks

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#635 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,056 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:00 PM

I agree RW - with all the young first round picks they have stocked up on, they can afford to let go of a young center and blueliner. Could use Bobby Luo to shore up that young and old blueline (and flip Theodore for another decent roster player?)
I do find it somewhat amusing though, the amount of doubt that Tallon has to endure in Florida - the guy clearly has a pretty solid sense of how to make the most of whatever he has to work with.

Edited by oldnews, 06 August 2012 - 11:01 PM.

#636 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:11 PM

Except it would never happen unless Rask pisses the bed, which is very unlikely.

Perfect fit really... Ginger Plays fantastic for his home team, Lucic plays fantastic for his home team, everyone is extatically thrilled on the matter as Boston replaces Thomas the bad ass and Luongo and the Canucks get exactly what they don't have; playoff scoring, sign Doan and double so, a deadline deal lets say. Can the fans and Luogo just had a little fight?

Goaltending, defense, offense.

Edited by GHL, 06 August 2012 - 11:18 PM.

Posted Image

#637 forklift_ole

forklift_ole

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:12 AM

Ok, here's an odd one that came to me today. What about Luongo to Dallas. Lehtonen is a great goaltender, but has been injury prone throughout his career. Dallas, like Chicago, also has plenty of NHL or nearly NHL ready prospects in their system, as well as $16mil in cap space. Dallas could also probably trade Lehtonen to the Maple Leafs for the as they have offered the Canucks for Luongo.

It could be something like:

To Dallas:
Luongo
Anthony

To Canucks:
Faksa
Klingberg

Or something along those lines. You guys can probably figure out something better.

Edited by forklift_ole, 07 August 2012 - 05:16 AM.

#638 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:56 AM

Ok, here's an odd one that came to me today. What about Luongo to Dallas. Lehtonen is a great goaltender, but has been injury prone throughout his career. Dallas, like Chicago, also has plenty of NHL or nearly NHL ready prospects in their system, as well as $16mil in cap space. Dallas could also probably trade Lehtonen to the Maple Leafs for the as they have offered the Canucks for Luongo.

It could be something like:

To Dallas:
Luongo
Anthony

To Canucks:
Faksa who?
Klingberg what?

Or something along those lines. You guys can probably figure out something better.

Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#639 forklift_ole

forklift_ole

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:53 AM

Radek Faksa, their first pick this year, big scoring center currently playing in Kitchener.
John Klingberg, Swedish defender drafted by Dallas in 2010, scoring a bunch of points in the SEL and won playoff MVP in 2011.

You gotta know your prospects man!

#640 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,048 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:07 PM

POPULAR

Radek Faksa, their first pick this year, big scoring center currently playing in Kitchener.
John Klingberg, Swedish defender drafted by Dallas in 2010, scoring a bunch of points in the SEL and won playoff MVP in 2011.

You gotta know your prospects man!

You need to know your hockey. That's a horrible deal for Vancouver.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#641 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:33 PM

Perfect fit really... Ginger Plays fantastic for his home team, Lucic plays fantastic for his home team, everyone is extatically thrilled on the matter as Boston replaces Thomas the bad ass and Luongo and the Canucks get exactly what they don't have; playoff scoring, sign Doan and double so, a deadline deal lets say. Can the fans and Luogo just had a little fight?

Goaltending, defense, offense.

Why don't you pitch that idea to Boston. I'm sure they'd agree with you.

While you're at it, why don't you reply to my post from a couple pages ago that you continue to conveniently ignore.

Posted Image

#642 goblix

goblix

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:17 AM

While you're at it, why don't you reply to my post from a couple pages ago that you continue to conveniently ignore.

Most of CDC conveniently ignores all forms of logic and reasoning.

#643 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:27 AM

He was arguing with smurf, and I weighed in with logic, and got ignored.

I guess it's easier to argue with people who don't make you look as dumb, than it is to argue with someone who can point out the holes in your argument.

Posted Image

#644 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:26 AM

Suppose Boston came and asked for Schneider for Lucic straight up. I sure hope Gillia would do it.

The Canucks with Luongo and Lucic is a far better team than the Canucks with Schneider and Bjugstad.

Luongo for Lucic would be way better.
That will never happen though, clearly Schneider is more valuable and Boston management has seen how Luongo plays at TD Garden.

#645 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,048 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:36 AM

Luongo for Lucic would be way better.
That will never happen though, clearly Schneider is more valuable and Boston management has seen how Luongo plays at TD Garden.

If MG traded Luongo for Lucic straight up, I'd cry tears of joy and wet myself 24/7.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

#646 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:12 AM

If MG traded Luongo for Lucic straight up, I'd cry tears of joy and wet myself 24/7.

For sure!
Then try to imagine if we met Boston in the SCF again. Canucks win in 4 straight, all lopsided victories, LOL.

#647 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,048 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:14 AM

For sure!
Then try to imagine if we met Boston in the SCF again. Canucks win in 4 straight, all lopsided victories, LOL.

:lol: That's like the dream of all dreams right there :P

#648 forklift_ole

forklift_ole

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:54 AM

You need to know your hockey. That's a horrible deal for Vancouver.

First of all, why is it a horrible deal? The Canucks get a young 6'3" high scoring center and one of the best defenders not playing in the NHL, exactly what people here have been clamoring for.

Second, I admitted that it wasn't great and suggested people come up with their own deals, so I don't see why you are being so antagonistic.

#649 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,048 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:57 AM

First of all, why is it a horrible deal? The Canucks get a young 6'3" high scoring center and one of the best defenders not playing in the NHL, exactly what people here have been clamoring for.

Second, I admitted that it wasn't great and suggested people come up with their own deals, so I don't see why you are being so antagonistic.

It doesn't make sense for either sides. It doesn't help Vancouver win now and Dallas has Kari Lehtonen and Andrew Raycroft in goal. They also have Jack Campbell 2-3 years away from being back up to Kari. Makes very, very little sense for both sides,

#650 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:00 AM

Couple of pages ago. I come to these boards and specifically this thread and look for your posts with great anticipation. I read them and then I blatantly ignore you on purpose because that's why I come to these boards and especially this thread.

Get a life mate.

As for your post, I did hear the Luongo interview where he said what he said. That said, he is property of the Vancouver Canucks and must report to camp whether one likes it or not and perform as he might during regular circumstances. There is no indication of animosity between the team, the coach, Luongo or Schneider concerning the matter, especially what media and fans have identified as the epicenter of such supposed animosity; Schneider's playoff takeover. The Kings looked like they were loaded on coke a la Messier/ Fuhr and the Canucks were being embarrassed.

By the way, the Canucks have lost to Chicago, Boston and Los Angeles; the last three Cup winners.

My point is this entire fiasco has been made much bigger by the media and fans, for the media and fans, than it actually is. AV had said things he shouldn't have, Gillis has said things he shouldn't have and Luongo has said things he shouldn't have. Entertainment at its finest.

That said, unloading Luongo for a bag of pucks when he IS the franchise is asinine to say the least. The amount of disrespectful and antsy fans like smurf-still-wet-behind-the-ears47 are they who Luongo supporters are busy fending off.

I am sure both Luongo and Schneider have been shopped. Both are worth immensely more than what Gillis could have gotten so far this summer and that is why, especially Luongo, remains a Canucks.

Gillis seems to be on the path of taking his time to make the right decision on what could amount to be the greatest trade in Canucks history after the Luongo for Bertuzzi trade. Is Luongo available? Yes he is. It is fact that Gillis has talked about it publicly. Is there any pressure to deal Luongo? No at all. This has also been stated by Gillis. Again, what has not been stated by Gillis and has become de facto assumption; Schneider is number one.

On Schneider, in order to avoid an offer sheet from another team, Gillis had to be offer 1G money for Schneider to remain with the team. No one so far has said he is number one except the media and fans. I'm not inventing here. There is only speculation. As loud as it might be, it is still mere speculation at this point. Even if Luongo were to play second fiddle to Schneider for a while, perhaps even until the trade deadline where many marginal teams would assuredly make the playoffs with the acquisition of a 1G like Luongo or even Schneider, it would not be bad in any way except to the impatient premadona emo now generation who cannot handle the emotional roller coaster ride of life and who will inevitably start WWIII based on the maltreatment of little animals.

Edited by GHL, 08 August 2012 - 10:58 AM.

Posted Image

#651 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:58 AM

Couple of pages ago. I come to these boards and specifically this thread and look for your posts with great anticipation. I read them and then I blatantly ignore you on purpose because that's why I come to these boards and especially this thread.

Get a life mate.

As for your post, I did hear the Luongo interview where he said what he said. That said, he is property of the Vancouver Canucks and must report to camp whether one likes it or not and perform as he might during regular circumstances. There is no indication of animosity between the team, the coach, Luongo or Schneider concerning the matter, especially what media and fans have identified as the epicenter of such supposed animosity; Schneider's playoff takeover. The Kings looked like they were loaded on coke a la Messier/ Fuhr and the Canucks were being embarrassed.

By the way, the Canucks have lost to Chicago, Boston and Los Angeles; the last three Cup winners.

My point is this entire fiasco has been made much bigger by the media and fans, for the media and fans, than it actually is. AV had said things he shouldn't have, Gillis has said things he shouldn't have and Luongo has said things he shouldn't have. Entertainment at its finest.

That said, unloading Luongo for a bag of pucks when he IS the franchise is asinine to say the least. The amount of disrespectful and antsy fans like smurf-still-wet-behind-the-ears47 are they who Luongo supporters are busy fending off.

I am sure both Luongo and Schneider have been shopped. Both are worth immensely more than what Gillis could have gotten so far this summer and that is why, especially Luongo, remains a Canucks.

Gillis seems to be on the path of taking his time to make the right decision on what could amount to be the greatest trade in Canucks history after the Luongo for Bertuzzi trade. Is Luongo available? Yes he is. It is fact that Gillis has talked about it publicly. Is there any pressure to deal Luongo? No at all. This has also been stated by Gillis. Again, what has not been stated by Gillis and has become de facto assumption; Schneider is number one.

On Schneider, in order to avoid an offer sheet from another team, Gillis had to be offer 1G money for Schneider to remain with the team. No one so far has said he is number one except the media and fans. I'm not inventing here. There is only speculation. As loud as it might be, it is still mere speculation at this point. Even if Luongo were to play second fiddle to Schneider for a while, perhaps even until the trade deadline where many marginal teams would assuredly make the playoffs with the acquisition of a 1G like Luongo or even Schneider, it would not be bad in any way except to the impatient premadona emo now generation who cannot handle the emotional roller coaster ride of life and who will inevitably start WWIII based on the maltreatment of little animals.

@HockeyyInsiderr we have a winner!!!
#CONFIRMED
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#652 Bijannucksfan

Bijannucksfan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:41 PM

To Van: Bjugstad, Mattias
To FLA: Luongo

#653 CanucksCupHopes

CanucksCupHopes

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:45 PM

Lp

#654 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,330 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:48 PM

To Van: Bjugstad, Mattias
To FLA: Luongo

Posted Image

Subbancopy.jpg

#655 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:51 PM

Get a life mate.

I was feeling a little ignored after 3 posts of quoting and addressing you.

I realize that there is always the possibility that Schneider COULD be the one dealt, and he likely has a slightly higher value. But, a good chess player can read moves 3 steps ahead of the game, and if you apply that thought process it is pretty easy to see that Luongo is on the move. It might be during the season, but I'd bet MG wants to move him before training camp.

Posted Image

#656 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:30 PM

I was feeling a little ignored after 3 posts of quoting and addressing you.

I realize that there is always the possibility that Schneider COULD be the one dealt, and he likely has a slightly higher value. But, a good chess player can read moves 3 steps ahead of the game, and if you apply that thought process it is pretty easy to see that Luongo is on the move. It might be during the season, but I'd bet MG wants to move him before training camp.

Then we're in agreement.

Best scenario is both Schneider and Luongo play lights out and the "worst player/ best return" is dealt by the trade deadline.

The Canucks win regardless.

Edited by GHL, 08 August 2012 - 07:34 PM.

Posted Image

#657 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

Double post

Edited by GHL, 08 August 2012 - 07:33 PM.

Posted Image

#658 parhar87

parhar87

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:57 PM

Mobile

#659 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,713 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:02 PM

Luongo
Schroeder
Hansen
Rodin

for

Bjugstad
Versteeg
Matthias

Without Doan

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Versteeg
Higgins-Matthias-Kassian
Raymond/Pinizzotto-Malholtra-Lapierre

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#660 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:23 PM

Luongo
Schroeder
Hansen
Rodin

for

Bjugstad
Versteeg
Matthias

Without Doan

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Versteeg
Higgins-Matthias-Kassian
Raymond/Pinizzotto-Malholtra-Lapierre

Now we're talking. This makes more sense as a proposal than throwing under the bus one who ought to be in the HHOF and perhaps the ROH.

Edited by GHL, 08 August 2012 - 11:24 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.