Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2402 replies to this topic

#661 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,673 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:38 PM

Perfect fit really... Ginger Plays fantastic for his home team, Lucic plays fantastic for his home team, everyone is extatically thrilled on the matter as Boston replaces Thomas the bad ass and Luongo and the Canucks get exactly what they don't have; playoff scoring, sign Doan and double so, a deadline deal lets say. Can the fans and Luogo just had a little fight?

Goaltending, defense, offense.

Not sure I follow. Are you suggesting that the answer to playoff scoring...is Lucic? The guy was virtually invisible in their SC run, 5 goals in 25 games - 35 points in 62 lifetime playoff games. Not very impressive really.

Would much rather keep the guy you call "Ginger".

#662 Franz Liszt

Franz Liszt

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:51 PM

Luongo
Schroeder
Hansen
Rodin

for

Bjugstad
Versteeg
Matthias

Without Doan

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Versteeg
Higgins-Matthias-Kassian
Raymond/Pinizzotto-Malholtra-Lapierre

Could we take out Hansennnnnnnnn????

And give them Raymond + 2nd instead lol

OR just drop Bjugstad all together...

Matthias, Howden & Versteeg

Luongo, Schroeder, Raymond. 2013 2nd + 2014 1st

120px-Liszt_sign.JPG

#663 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 15,673 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:05 AM

Luongo
Schroeder
Hansen
Rodin

for

Bjugstad
Versteeg
Matthias

Without Doan

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Versteeg
Higgins-Matthias-Kassian
Raymond/Pinizzotto-Malholtra-Lapierre

Overpayment.

Versteeg is over-rated around here.

Versteeg actually hits less than Mason Raymond. Another smaller skilled forward, who just hit a career high 54 points - (that's one more than Raymond's career high) - he's actually comparable to Raymond in many ways, with the exception of his cap hit, which is double Raymond's - at 4.5 million, Versteeg imo is not really the upgrade the top six needs. Hope we don't spend any assets on this guy. Just don't see him as a good fit with Booth and Kesler or bringing what the Canucks need. I hope the rumor that the Canucks are not interested in him is true.

#664 chompers14

chompers14

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:18 AM

I sure hope MG ain't talken about Versteeg...Hell No!! :picard: :sadno:

#665 Barry_Wilkins

Barry_Wilkins

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:19 AM

Overpayment.

Versteeg is over-rated around here.

Versteeg actually hits less than Mason Raymond. Another smaller skilled forward, who just hit a career high 54 points - (that's one more than Raymond's career high) - he's actually comparable to Raymond in many ways, with the exception of his cap hit, which is double Raymond's - at 4.5 million, Versteeg imo is not really the upgrade the top six needs. Hope we don't spend any assets on this guy. Just don't see him as a good fit with Booth and Kesler or bringing what the Canucks need. I hope the rumor that the Canucks are not interested in him is true.

Indeed.

Amazing how so many cry, rightfully so, about a lack of size and grit up front, and yet many still want to acquire a small forward who makes no physical impact for his team, all at a cap hit which gives us even less flexibility than we have now. No thanks.

#666 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:44 AM

Not sure I follow. Are you suggesting that the answer to playoff scoring...is Lucic? The guy was virtually invisible in their SC run, 5 goals in 25 games - 35 points in 62 lifetime playoff games. Not very impressive really.

Most of CDC desperately wants Shane Doan,

55games 15goals 13assists 28 points.

#667 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:07 AM

Most of CDC desperately wants Shane Doan,

55games 15goals 13assists 28 points.

That's right and this answer goes for your enquiry too oldnews, concerning both Doan and Lucic, it is not the points totals that need concern, it is the intimidation factor that is sorely needed.

As for Versteeg being small, I agree. The aforementioned proposal mentioned by The Game is a definite good start in the right direction in acquiring more value for what is potentially offered; a 1G.

Edited by GHL, 09 August 2012 - 01:11 AM.

Posted Image

#668 TowelPower12

TowelPower12

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:21 AM

If we put Lucic with the Sedins then he could be, they even made Anson Carter a 30 goal scorer. And nobody would frack with them if Lucic is on their line. But Lucic is never coming here so it doesn't matter

#669 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:55 AM

If we put Lucic with the Sedins then he could be, they even made Anson Carter a 30 goal scorer. And nobody would frack with them if Lucic is on their line. But Lucic is never coming here so it doesn't matter

D. SEDIN - H. SEDIN - LUCIC
BOOTH - KESLER - DOAN
BURROWS - LAPIERRE - KASSIAN
HIGGINS - MALHOLTRA - ________

Damn. lol

Posted Image

#670 Niklas Jensen

Niklas Jensen

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:14 AM

Gudbranson or no F-ing deal
Our D's must make opponent fowards going to the net PAY THE PRICE

#671 Alchemy Time

Alchemy Time

State Alchemist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,866 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:53 AM

If we were to get Lucic for Schnieder we would need to include Booth in the deal and take on Thomas's cap hit (which I say hell no to). There isn't a player in the league comparable to Lucic, He's tough and can pot 30 goals on a top line that is weaker than ours.

It would be:
Schnieder
Booth

for
Lucic
Thomas
1st

(Thomas did have a NMC and NTC but that expired July 1st this year.)

I wouldn't do this deal, but this it would be.
Posted Image

#672 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,914 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:07 AM

If we were to get Lucic for Schnieder we would need to include Booth in the deal and take on Thomas's cap hit (which I say hell no to). There isn't a player in the league comparable to Lucic, He's tough and can pot 30 goals on a top line that is weaker than ours.

It would be:
Schnieder
Booth

for
Lucic
Thomas
1st

I would think long and hard about this one actually. And I would probably do it if Boston didn't have Rask.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#673 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:29 AM

Indeed.

Amazing how so many cry, rightfully so, about a lack of size and grit up front, and yet many still want to acquire a small forward who makes no physical impact for his team, all at a cap hit which gives us even less flexibility than we have now. No thanks.

Versteeg is better then Raymond, I don't know what hockey you watch, and he is consistent. Adding Matthias will bring in size and hopefully Doan.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#674 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:53 AM

Boston does not want Schneids and would not trade Lucic. Rask is a more experienced goalie than Schneids and has a great future ahead of him. Lucic is one of their most promising forwards. I have no idea why anyone would want Thomas' cap hit, as he would never play here. If a Boston fan saw these trades they'd laugh so hard they would cough up a lung.

I think Luongo is a good goalie that can help a bubble team get into the playoffs and maybe win a round. There are few teams in this position that need a goalie, so I don't think his value is as high as it could be.

I would be thrilled if we got Matthius and Howden for Loungo, but it is probably a Florida overpayment. At this point, I would be happy with Matthius and a solid 5/6 D. Matthius can play 3rd line center for Nucks and (if we got) Howden continues to develop on the Wolves. Canucks return is better for the cap as well.

#675 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,914 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:05 PM

Boston does not want Schneids and would not trade Lucic. Rask is a more experienced goalie than Schneids and has a great future ahead of him. Lucic is one of their most promising forwards. I have no idea why anyone would want Thomas' cap hit, as he would never play here. If a Boston fan saw these trades they'd laugh so hard they would cough up a lung.

I think Luongo is a good goalie that can help a bubble team get into the playoffs and maybe win a round. There are few teams in this position that need a goalie, so I don't think his value is as high as it could be.

I would be thrilled if we got Matthius and Howden for Loungo, but it is probably a Florida overpayment. At this point, I would be happy with Matthius and a solid 5/6 D. Matthius can play 3rd line center for Nucks and (if we got) Howden continues to develop on the Wolves. Canucks return is better for the cap as well.

Boston doesn't have a proper back up, so I'm sure they'd be thrilled if they got Schneids, even at the price of Lucic, Thomas and a 1st.

And who is Matthius?

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

#676 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:48 PM

Gillis traded that pick that had the chance to be howard, i doubt he wants him in a package for luu
Posted Image

#677 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:50 PM

Come on samjam99 make something up so we can flame you

And something more believable than Schneider for Lucic which actually has No place on this thread.

Edited by Noheart, 09 August 2012 - 12:54 PM.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#678 MikeyBoy44

MikeyBoy44

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,190 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:01 PM

IPhone bump.
Posted Image

#679 Barry_Wilkins

Barry_Wilkins

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:04 PM

Versteeg is better then Raymond, I don't know what hockey you watch, and he is consistent. Adding Matthias will bring in size and hopefully Doan.

I don't know what hockey you watch either, but your argument about added toughness doesn't compute.

Versteeg would make Burrows look like a goon.

Matthias is big but has less than one hit per game. Size means nothing if you don't use it.

And your point about Doan is irrelevant. Obviously he adds toughness,but that's nothing to do with Versteeg. Just because you get one guy who mixes it up doesn't mean you can afford to go soft somewhere else.

#680 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:25 PM

It would be:
Schnieder
Booth

for
Lucic
Thomas
1st

D. SEDIN - H. SEDIN - LUCIC
KASSIAN - KESLER - DOAN
BURROWS - LAPIERRE - HANSEN
HIGGINS - MALHOLTRA - ________

Thomas can be flipped to another team of his choice. The Canucks find themselves in the same scenario as they were with Luongo/ Schneider with an extreme abundance of riches.

Not bad a top nine I would say.

Posted Image

#681 RonnieColeman

RonnieColeman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:38 PM

https://twitter.com/...662577253687296

https://twitter.com/...662826059796481

This differs a lot from other people saying that FLA Wont give up even Bjugstad alone

But I can't help but wonder, that if this is on the table, wouldnt gillis have accepted and ran? (just realize it says this offer was made in morning, would make sense to think everything over fully for gillis)

PS - id personally go for package A

Edited by RonnieColeman, 09 August 2012 - 01:43 PM.

#682 Franz Liszt

Franz Liszt

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:42 PM

Matthias + Bjugstad!!!!

TAKE IT! :frantic:

120px-Liszt_sign.JPG

#683 ninja321

ninja321

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,958 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:43 PM

Omg I love package A I'd take it in a heartbeat.
Posted Image
Sig and Avatar by Me :)

#684 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:48 PM

Boston doesn't have a proper back up, so I'm sure they'd be thrilled if they got Schneids, even at the price of Lucic, Thomas and a 1st.

And who is Matthius?

Sean Matthius, Florida Panthers. Strapping young 3rd line center.

Can't see Schneids wanting to backup Rask. Schnieds for Lucic, Thomas and 1st?

Boston just hung up the phone.

#685 greetingsfrombrazil

greetingsfrombrazil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:52 PM

Matthias + Bjugstad, do it Gillis!

#686 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:52 PM

Option A all the way MG, nike that sh!t

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#687 knuck

knuck

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:55 PM

So we traded Bert for Lou, FLA traded Bert for Matthias, and now we're trading back Lou for Matthias. It only makes sense...

#688 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:10 PM

Bjugstad and Matthias for Luongo = No brainer

Git er done Gillis!

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#689 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,914 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:13 PM

MG PULL THE TRIGGER ON PACKAGE A!!!!

#690 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,914 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:15 PM

Sean Matthius, Florida Panthers. Strapping young 3rd line center.

No. Its Shawn Matthias. Sean Matthius doesn't exist.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.