The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

Last I checked, FLA made the playoffs because they're the best team in the weakest NHL division.

I don't see their lineup laced with superstars and if their farm were better than their current roster, why aren't they playing in the hogs already.

I call bullsh!t on all accounts. Huberdeau MIGHT... be the only legitimate future superstar. The rest, including gofer Bjugstad, are barely "stars".

And they want Edler to boot.

FLA

Luongo

Edler

Schroeder

VAN

Campbell

Versteeg

Huberdeau

Bjugstad

Gudbranson

This is a two year President trophy winning team dealing with a Southern Division de facto playoff team.

The Detroit model is very Capitalist: the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Florida must pay up for what they want: a franchise goaltender, a franchise defenseman (compared to Lidstrom on numerous occasions) and an energy center.

Last I checked, FLA made the playoffs because they're the best team in the weakest NHL division.

I don't see their lineup laced with superstars and if their farm were better than their current roster, why aren't they playing in the hogs already.

I call bullsh!t on all accounts. Huberdeau MIGHT... be the only legitimate future superstar. The rest, including gofer Bjugstad, are barely "stars".

And they want Edler to boot.

FLA

Luongo

Edler

Schroeder

VAN

Campbell

Versteeg

Huberdeau

Bjugstad

Gudbranson

This is a two year President trophy winning team dealing with a Southern Division de facto playoff team.

The Detroit model is very Capitalist: the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Florida must pay up for what they want: a franchise goaltender, a franchise defenseman (compared to Lidstrom on numerous occasions) and an energy center.

Anyone know if this guy is legit? My buddy keeps sending me texts and re-tweets from him

https://twitter.com/JamesBNHLNews

1h James Brown@JamesBNHLNews

BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS. Canucks and Florida have a verbal agreement on a trade and will pull the trigger on the deal once they know Where Doan will sign. Canucks will also include Raymond in this deal and will shed a lot of cap. The deal may not go through if Doan does not sign. The deal could happen right before Doan signs if Doan signs with VAN Or right after. Bjugstad will be involved and you heard it here first.

Edit: pasted the tweets together in order for easier reading

Anyone know if this guy is legit? My buddy keeps sending me texts and re-tweets from him

BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS. Canucks and Florida have a verbal agreement on a trade and will pull the trigger on the deal once they know Where Doan will sign. Canucks will also include Raymond in this deal and will shed a lot of cap. The deal may not go through if Doan does not sign. The deal could happen right before Doan signs if Doan signs with VAN Or right after. Bjugstad will be involved and you heard it here first.

That tweet just seems like an educated guess. It makes a lot of sense. If I were a rumor mill I'd probably put my rep on the line with a guess like that. Once Doan lands, the rest could fall. It's also a fair guess that the deal could be pending a resolution to the new CBA negotiations.

I just want something to happen, this dry spell is killing me. We've been talking about the same possiblities for a month now. Doan should just sign somewhere so the rest of the league can make their trades.

Well, isn't just also very well known that the canucks have won the president's trophy two years in a row because they play in the weakest division in the NHL (even FL's division had 2 teams in the playoffs this year- and for goodness sake, 3 years in a row first overall pick Edmonton!). I think the canucks need to get rid of Luongo more than FL needs him. I mean the canucks chose a goalie with a grand total of 68 nhl games (plus 3 playoffs) experience over Luongo, that right there tells the world what the team that knows him best thinks of his fututre performance.

Archived