Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2402 replies to this topic

#751 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

Well my Lou summer ordeal just got a TON better today. I saw a tweet earlier today that there was a Lou spotting downtown Montreal on St. Catherine street. I told the wife this is a perfect time to head over to Jean Talon market in Little Italy because it's Italian week, which of course is a complete dream to run into him... only I DID! Woot Woot!

We started walking down Dante street and my wife was getting a little irritated because what are the chances right? But I told her, this is where Napoletana pizza is where we ate the other week (best authentic Italian pizza in the city) and wouldn't you know it, he was standing out front on his cell with his family. I stopped dead and mouth "holy crap!" He looked at me while on the phone and nodded and smiled with a hey:) Man I wish he wasn't on the phone or with his family as my shame would've gone right out the window and I would've at least said hello and good luck if he gets traded. Still though, made my day and also made me feel a lot of empathy for the guy and what he's gone through with all the criticism from the fans and media, myself included:( Anyways, if he does get traded I hope he does in fact go back to Florida to be with his family. Cheers to ya Looooououuuuuuuuuuu :towel:

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#752 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,716 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:34 PM

Just give us Gudbranson, I don't want Matthias or Bjugstad. Luongo + Schroeder for Gudbranson straight up

We know you have a massive boner for Gudbranson, but you only need to let us know about it once, not 50 other times.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#753 Franz Liszt

Franz Liszt

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:41 PM

Well my Lou summer ordeal just got a TON better today. I saw a tweet earlier today that there was a Lou spotting downtown Montreal on St. Catherine street. I told the wife this is a perfect time to head over to Jean Talon market in Little Italy because it's Italian week, which of course is a complete dream to run into him... only I DID! Woot Woot!

We started walking down Dante street and my wife was getting a little irritated because what are the chances right? But I told her, this is where Napoletana pizza is where we ate the other week (best authentic Italian pizza in the city) and wouldn't you know it, he was standing out front on his cell with his family. I stopped dead and mouth "holy crap!" He looked at me while on the phone and nodded and smiled with a hey:) Man I wish he wasn't on the phone or with his family as my shame would've gone right out the window and I would've at least said hello and good luck if he gets traded. Still though, made my day and also made me feel a lot of empathy for the guy and what he's gone through with all the criticism from the fans and media, myself included:( Anyways, if he does get traded I hope he does in fact go back to Florida to be with his family. Cheers to ya Looooououuuuuuuuuuu :towel:

Love hearing stories about meeting athletes!

120px-Liszt_sign.JPG

#754 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

Lp
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#755 YaK

YaK

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:58 PM

...he was standing out front on his cell with his family. I stopped dead and mouth "holy crap!" He looked at me while on the phone and nodded and smiled with a hey:) Man I wish he wasn't on the phone or with his family as my shame would've gone right out the window and I would've at least said hello and good luck if he gets traded.

Eklund:
Getting reports that Luongo was seen talking to someone (who is not in his immediate family) on his cell phone. Probably confirming details with his agent. Expect a deal to be done soon. (E5)
Posted Image
"It felt almost like it was a dream," Burrows said of his game-winner.
"But guys jumped on me and I couldn't breathe, so I knew it was right."

#756 Samuel Påhlsson

Samuel Påhlsson

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:05 PM

Eklund:
Getting reports that Luongo was seen talking to someone (who is not in his immediate family) on his cell phone. Probably confirming details with his agent. Expect a deal to be done soon. (E5)

:lol:

Sig too big. -SN

#757 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,716 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:09 PM

Eklund:

Eklund at his finest. How the heck does he know Luongo wasn't talking to a family member? Not saying he was but still, that's kinda stalkish isn't it?

Edited by Steven Stamkos' Mullet, 10 August 2012 - 04:09 PM.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

#758 TheRocket18

TheRocket18

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:39 PM

lol
and hey i want gudbranson too

#759 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:43 PM

lol i admit i even thought to myself, i wonder if the convo Lou's having is THE phone call asking him to waive ha! He did look kinda gloomy when he was walking away and texting after? Maybe Ill tweet Eklund to see if he bites!

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#760 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:07 PM

Just give us Gudbranson, I don't want Matthias or Bjugstad. Luongo + Schroeder for Gudbranson straight up

Here you go again eh?

#761 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:18 PM

lol i admit i even thought to myself, i wonder if the convo Lou's having is THE phone call asking him to waive ha! He did look kinda gloomy when he was walking away and texting after? Maybe Ill tweet Eklund to see if he bites!

Rainy day in Montreal. Comparative to Vancouver 70% of the year today. Low fog, enough to cover skyscraper tops.

Anyways Gudbranson must be part of the deal

Or...

CBJ
Luongo
Raymond
Ballard

VAN
Umberger
Johnson

Edited by GHL, 10 August 2012 - 05:37 PM.

Posted Image

#762 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

Eklund:

Perhaps one of his many cousins, possibly Luigi.

Edited by WeatherWise, 10 August 2012 - 06:22 PM.

The greatest segue into a weather segment.

#763 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,319 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:28 PM

None of the players in that trade are considered prospects. It's not like Booth came over and lit it up either, those were salary dumps for Tallon (I do think MG got the better in that trade though). You gotta compare apples with apples before you insult someone.

Booth is a proven commodity and he is a "Young Asset" still, he's 26. If you can trade two OLD and INJURED players for him then you can definitely do the trade in question.

Hansen and Raymond are still both young and are both proven reliable 2-way players. Luongo is a superstar who will do damage in the east. Then there is a 1st round pick which = a good prospect. Florida would take that deal and run, but they would want to send Theodore this way.

You're not comparing Apples with Apples here pal. We're talking Apples and Oranges.

#764 CoreyPerry

CoreyPerry

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

Every Canucks fan should at least have a chubby for Gudbranson, watch some of his highlights and guaranteed you will, might even get a full on Doaner for him.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Credit to CanucksBen for Kassian sig

#765 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:39 PM

Every Canucks fan should at least have a chubby for Gudbranson, watch some of his highlights and guaranteed you will, might even get a full on Doaner for him.

Better get rid of that raging Doaner for Gudbranson soon, because he's not coming here

#766 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,952 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:54 PM

Give me your car I give you my bicycle yes?

Are you trying to compare Luongo to your bicycle?

#767 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:14 PM

Are you trying to compare Luongo to your bicycle?

Well, they both do need constant pumping of tires...

#768 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,716 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:19 PM

+1

#769 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,487 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:24 PM

LMAO

#770 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:04 PM

Edited by Noheart, 10 August 2012 - 10:05 PM.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#771 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,943 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:11 PM

Bjustad doesn't have an NHL contract with Florida (as per capgeek). I don't want him in case he pulls a Justin Schultz on the Nucks. Only want him if it's a guarantee that he'll sign a NHL contract. How many more years before Bjustad becomes a UFA?

I'd rather the Nucks make sure to get a guy under contract.

Maybe...

Luongo + Schroeder + Hansen for Matthias + Howden + 2nd 2013?

I have the same concern as well, that he'd pull a Schultz. He was born and raised in Minnesota, chose to play hockey for UofM and Minny Wild have some good young prospects. Jugs is going into his 3rd yr of Uni.

I'm not sure how it works with college guys, but when are they eligible to sign a contract with their NHL team? Could he sign one this summer and still play for UofM for 2 more yrs?

Edited by RunningWild, 10 August 2012 - 10:23 PM.

#772 Get real canuck fans

Get real canuck fans

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:08 PM

I have the same concern as well, that he'd pull a Schultz. He was born and raised in Minnesota, chose to play hockey for UofM and Minny Wild have some good young prospects. Jugs is going into his 3rd yr of Uni.

I'm not sure how it works with college guys, but when are they eligible to sign a contract with their NHL team? Could he sign one this summer and still play for UofM for 2 more yrs?

No,,,once an athlete accepts anything they lose there college eligibility. That is why if a player in college wants to come to a pro camp he has to pay for it themselves.

#773 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,943 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:12 PM

No,,,once an athlete accepts anything they lose there college eligibility. That is why if a player in college wants to come to a pro camp he has to pay for it themselves.

Hey thanks! I didn't know that.

#774 Get real canuck fans

Get real canuck fans

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:17 PM

Actually I think they only lose their elibility to play sports, but you can go back and get your degree.

#775 AndyBernard

AndyBernard

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:38 AM

If theres a mini lockout (say 15 games) then why wouldnt MG wait even longer to get a better return for luongo? This could turn out to be a 6 monther like Rick Nash... Although you never know, something could happen tomorow.
Posted Image
credit - VintageCanuck

#776 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:31 AM

I can't quote it but I'm pretty sure that loophole is to be addressed in the new CBA.
As it should

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#777 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,661 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:21 AM

Everybody back away slowly from the luongo thread! To the sound of my voice. Once you are clear of the thread please close the web page and proceed outside. Get some fresh air and wait for any real news. You have the right to remain silent. Please do :P

Edited by Special Ed, 11 August 2012 - 12:46 PM.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#778 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:57 PM

Everybody back away slowly from the luongo thread! To the sound of my voice. Once you are clear of the thread please close the web page and proceed outside. Get some fresh air and wait for any real news. You have the right to remain silent. Please do :P

Cute an true. Patience with this one. This is the greatest trade in Canucks history and it hasn't gone down yet.

Wait................ Wait........ Wait... Sign off.
Summer........start......deadline

Edited by GHL, 11 August 2012 - 01:04 PM.

Posted Image

#779 CoreyPerry

CoreyPerry

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:30 AM

i cant stay away, everygodamn day im in this thread... im losing my capacity for critical thinking DERPPPPPPPP
Posted ImagePosted Image
Credit to CanucksBen for Kassian sig

#780 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:35 AM

Cute an true. Patience with this one. This is the greatest trade in Canucks history and it hasn't gone down yet.

Wait................ Wait........ Wait... Sign off.
Summer........start......deadline

You are setting yourself up for disappointment.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

MirandaKerr.jpg
2 0 1 5 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.