The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

Pros to getting Versteeg:

He's a right winger

Clutch playoff performer

Good cap hit

Can put up good points

He's a cup winner

Cons to getting Versteeg:

He's another small winger

He's a douche

He's a former Blackhawk

He can't rap

There are definitely worse options...

Pros to getting Versteeg:

He's a right winger

Clutch playoff performer

Good cap hit

Can put up good points

He's a cup winner

Cons to getting Versteeg:

He's another small winger

He's a douche

He's a former Blackhawk

He can't rap

There are definitely worse options...

This Nash trade just reduce the value of Roberto Luongo IMO

If Nash couldn't pry Kreider, Hagelin or Stepan out of NY, what make you believe Gillis will pry Gudbransson, Huberdeau ou Bjugstad out of Floride. Maybe, Bjugstad since he hasn't played NHL yet.

I didn't think we would get one of these guy before, now i'm pretty much certain.

I think that Columbus getting what they did for Nash validates Vancouver's demands for Luongo. Lu is a guy who has had way more success in his career than Nash, playoff experience, he plays a more crucial position. His contract is similar in some ways but not as onerous, like Nash there's a leverage and marketplace issue driving down his value. I feel like in the aftermath of this Nash deal that any Luongo trade needs to bring back something along the lines of what this or the Mike Richards trade did, anything less, we can afford to keep Luongo, we can stand pat.

Stop worring about Florida it has been well documented in the past few weeks that FLA has basically stopped talking to Gillis

Time for all you to pull players from other teams out of your a$$

That's the gamble really. If your initial demands are too high and you don't budge, you can turn teams away until you're only left with one. Then you basically have to take whatever they're willing to offer.

Depending on whether we can sign Doan or not, I would be happy with a good prospect and a pick. I mean, Nash got Erixon and a 1st plus two roster players. Surely Luongo can at least fetch the prospect and the pick.

Bjugstad and a 1st would be great to me.

Now that we've seen what Columbus got in return from Nash what does that do for your expectations for what Luongo will bring back? The situations may be similar, but I think the Canucks are in a more difficult position when in comes to trading.

Do you think Luongo will bring back more, less or about the same?

To see the talk from other GMs saying the price for Nash was too steep, and now to see what they got for him..... how could they consider that steep?

Makes me wonder what the GMs think is steep for Luongo..... Luongo obviously doesn't have as much trade value as Nash... so its not looking so good. I would have thought Luongo could get something around the same value as what Columbus just got for Nash, now it makes me think they aren't going to be getting much at all.

I mean.... Dubinsky and Anisimov are 30-40 points per year players, which is worse than what Raymond got a couple years ago.... 1st round pick from Rangers isn't all that great. Erixon has only played in 18 NHL games so far also, so its hard to say how well he will be, he wasn't that high of a draft pick either.

Archived