The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

Not sold on a Bjugstad package. I think he projects to be a solid, 2 way, 2nd line center in a few years, but how does that help us now? Our window to win is 2 years TOPS, after that we will still have a good team, but with likely not elite. I understand Gillis has his hands tied a bit here in terms of limited trading parters, so I'd prob take the deal. But then I would trade a prospect or two and our first rounder for a legit top 6 guy before the deadline.

Not sold on a Bjugstad package. I think he projects to be a solid, 2 way, 2nd line center in a few years, but how does that help us now? Our window to win is 2 years TOPS, after that we will still have a good team, but with likely not elite. I understand Gillis has his hands tied a bit here in terms of limited trading parters, so I'd prob take the deal. But then I would trade a prospect or two and our first rounder for a legit top 6 guy before the deadline.

There could be missing pieces from the report that wasn't mentioned or known, that Gillis could be mulling over. I'd doubt the Luongo would fetch Matthias and Bjugstad, without something or someone else going with Lui.

Tallon ain't no dummy.

Archived