The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

Deal will happen soon...will be with FLA, Toronto is still saying price too high, before came guaranteed (assuming there is one on a normal schedule), CBA negotiations making FLA's ownership more comfortable with the Lou contract, ability to wrangle out towards the end.

Hockeyinsider (who I am not supporting here), has said two deals on the table

1. Bjugs, Matthias

2. Mattias and 2013 first

Decision now with Canucks.

Not sure how accurate those offers are however I do know this. MG wanted:

1. Bjugs and the pick,

2. Howden and the pick

May have been another player going with Lou not sure (don't have that detail). Howden is not only terrific but also an insurance policy vs. Bjugs pulling a Schultz and nucks being left with only Matthias (based on the above for Lou).

My bet is its number 1 with compensation if he doesn't sign with the Nucks post is college career.

Deal will happen soon...will be with FLA, Toronto is still saying price too high, before came guaranteed (assuming there is one on a normal schedule), CBA negotiations making FLA's ownership more comfortable with the Lou contract, ability to wrangle out towards the end.

Hockeyinsider (who I am not supporting here), has said two deals on the table

1. Bjugs, Matthias

2. Mattias and 2013 first

Decision now with Canucks.

Not sure how accurate those offers are however I do know this. MG wanted:

1. Bjugs and the pick,

2. Howden and the pick

May have been another player going with Lou not sure (don't have that detail). Howden is not only terrific but also an insurance policy vs. Bjugs pulling a Schultz and nucks being left with only Matthias (based on the above for Lou).

My bet is its number 1 with compensation if he doesn't sign with the Nucks post is college career.

Well my Lou summer ordeal just got a TON better today. I saw a tweet earlier today that there was a Lou spotting downtown Montreal on St. Catherine street. I told the wife this is a perfect time to head over to Jean Talon market in Little Italy because it's Italian week, which of course is a complete dream to run into him... only I DID! Woot Woot!

We started walking down Dante street and my wife was getting a little irritated because what are the chances right? But I told her, this is where Napoletana pizza is where we ate the other week (best authentic Italian pizza in the city) and wouldn't you know it, he was standing out front on his cell with his family. I stopped dead and mouth "holy crap!" He looked at me while on the phone and nodded and smiled with a hey:) Man I wish he wasn't on the phone or with his family as my shame would've gone right out the window and I would've at least said hello and good luck if he gets traded. Still though, made my day and also made me feel a lot of empathy for the guy and what he's gone through with all the criticism from the fans and media, myself included:( Anyways, if he does get traded I hope he does in fact go back to Florida to be with his family. Cheers to ya Looooououuuuuuuuuuu :towel:

Well my Lou summer ordeal just got a TON better today. I saw a tweet earlier today that there was a Lou spotting downtown Montreal on St. Catherine street. I told the wife this is a perfect time to head over to Jean Talon market in Little Italy because it's Italian week, which of course is a complete dream to run into him... only I DID! Woot Woot!

We started walking down Dante street and my wife was getting a little irritated because what are the chances right? But I told her, this is where Napoletana pizza is where we ate the other week (best authentic Italian pizza in the city) and wouldn't you know it, he was standing out front on his cell with his family. I stopped dead and mouth "holy crap!" He looked at me while on the phone and nodded and smiled with a hey:) Man I wish he wasn't on the phone or with his family as my shame would've gone right out the window and I would've at least said hello and good luck if he gets traded. Still though, made my day and also made me feel a lot of empathy for the guy and what he's gone through with all the criticism from the fans and media, myself included:( Anyways, if he does get traded I hope he does in fact go back to Florida to be with his family. Cheers to ya Looooououuuuuuuuuuu :towel:

...he was standing out front on his cell with his family. I stopped dead and mouth "holy crap!" He looked at me while on the phone and nodded and smiled with a hey:) Man I wish he wasn't on the phone or with his family as my shame would've gone right out the window and I would've at least said hello and good luck if he gets traded.

Archived