Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2402 replies to this topic

#1141 arsenalian

arsenalian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:17 AM

I know HI isn't a vaild source, but he does seem to get some things right. I wouldn't be surprised to see a deal done pretty quick

Why? He's been saying the same things for well over a month now (HI that is), and w/ the CBA negotiations not going stellar... well I don't think anything will be happening until there's some clarity on that.

#1142 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:38 AM

Recent goaltender trades/signings: (yes I am being somewhat selective)

Trades:

Semeon Varlamov - 2 consecutive first round picks from COL
Sergei Bobrovsky - 3 picks - 2nd, two 4ths.
Anders Lindback - 3 picks, two 2nds and a 3rd

Signings:

Bryzgalov - 9 year/ 51 million $
Price - 6 year/ 39 million $
Quick - 10 year/ 58 million $

I'd like to make two points here, 1. That trades with even marginal or unproven goaltenders end up with multiple picks coming back. 2. That signing top end goaltender talent is costly, and in the case of Bryzgalov, a UFA goaltender a massive amount of money had to be thrown his way.

If Tallon thinks he can get a top end goaltender in Luongo for a couple throwaways he is sorely mistaken. The contract, which seems to be a deciding factor is actually comparatively good to some of the goaltender contracts currently out there. The front loaded Luongo deal has seen 20 million paid, a third of the 12 year deal accounted for. So Tallon gets a reasonable contract on an excellent goaltender with a chunk of his contract already served.

There is no reason for Tallon to low ball Gillis, taking into consideration the trades for goaltenders recently (who are not proven or as good as Luongo), as well as factoring the contracts of goaltenders with similar talent. Make him pay Gillis.

Luongo's contract probably is the deciding factor, however his age and playoff record is probably in the back of all the interested GMs minds. This may or may not be slowing down the deal depending on what Gillis is asking for.

#1143 Big Time

Big Time

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:05 AM

Truthfully, I simply can't understand why other GM's in the league aren't jumping on the chance to get Luongo. Whoever gets him is almost a lock for a GM of the year award. They have a chance to get a superstar goalie that will carry their franchise for the next five years. No player on their current roster or farm system is likely to do that.

Luongo is still in his prime, has a cap friendly deal, and all he has ever done is win. So he fell short in Game 7. He's still miles ahead of every other goalie in Canuck history.

There's a saying in sports that you never want to get 4 quarters for of a dollar. The Canucks are basically offering a dollar for 3 quarters and stubborn fools like Burke are not willing to buy in.

I don't blame Gillis for holding on to Luongo at this point.

#1144 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,436 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:07 AM

I think it wouldn't be the worst thing to just let the season play out a bit. There's a very high chance that Lindback busts in Tampa and Columbus might have a change of heart if they get off to a good start. If they have a good team but Mason/Bob are holding them back they might be willing to pull the trigger. Toronto would also get more desperate especially if they get off to a bad start and the vultures begin to circle above Burke's office.

Edited by playboi19, 20 August 2012 - 11:07 AM.

#1145 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:22 AM

I think it wouldn't be the worst thing to just let the season play out a bit. There's a very high chance that Lindback busts in Tampa and Columbus might have a change of heart if they get off to a good start. If they have a good team but Mason/Bob are holding them back they might be willing to pull the trigger. Toronto would also get more desperate especially if they get off to a bad start and the vultures begin to circle above Burke's office.

Except Lu never has a good start.
Hopefully Lu playing backup will entice him to give MG a bigger team trade list instead of the Florida or nothing that has handcuffed Gillis.

#1146 Schnieds

Schnieds

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Hey why did nobody ever think of trading Luongo to Columbus? That's genius! Oh right, Luongo has a no trade clause. If the guy in your picture don't wanna play in the state of Ohio, what makes you think Luongo wants to?

#1147 Get real canuck fans

Get real canuck fans

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Trades:

Signings:

I'd like to make two points here, 1. That trades with even marginal or unproven goaltenders end up with multiple picks coming back. 2. That signing top end goaltender talent is costly, and in the case of Bryzgalov, a UFA goaltender a massive amount of money had to be thrown his way.

If Tallon thinks he can get a top end goaltender in Luongo for a couple throwaways he is sorely mistaken. The contract, which seems to be a deciding factor is actually comparatively good to some of the goaltender contracts currently out there. The front loaded Luongo deal has seen 20 million paid, a third of the 12 year deal accounted for. So Tallon gets a reasonable contract on an excellent goaltender with a chunk of his contract already served.

There is no reason for Tallon to low ball Gillis, taking into consideration the trades for goaltenders recently (who are not proven or as good as Luongo), as well as factoring the contracts of goaltenders with similar talent. Make him pay Gillis.

Varlamov was 23 when the Avs' traded for him Lindback and Bob were both 24 when traded for. Lu is 9 years older than any of them.
The fact is that there may be no hockey season this year, so you would be getting a guy who would be 35 the next playoffs.( 1 year stoppage)
Lu struggles after 4 months of layoff, so any GM would have to wonder how he would be after a 17-18 month layoff, or even worse if it takes 2 years to resolve, would you trade a top prospect until there was an agreement on a CBA because Lu is not 24 and only has an unknown amount of elite level play left in him, and I can guarantee some think he is past that stage already.
If there is prolonged CBA trouble(2 years) I would guess that it does not count as a year of contract, so Lu would be making 6.7 until 2019-20 when he will be 40 instead of 2017-18 when he would be 38, and this would be after a long period of not playing.
The chances of Lu getting traded before a resolutuon to the CBA is almost none. If there is hockey this season then Lu will have much more value than even if there is a 1 year stoppage.

Edited by Get real canuck fans, 20 August 2012 - 11:25 AM.

#1148 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

Smart money says Luongo's been dealt, awaiting labor resolution
Forget about show business, truth is there's no business like business, it supersedes all else because all else flows from it. In hockey the business of a new contract between the NHL and the NHLPA is of such import it may be holding up a trade.
Roberto Luongo is headed somewhere, that is as much a given as the greed of NHL owners and players. For my money he's already been dealt, the deal all but completed in July and all over but the thousands of column inches media will give it once it's been announced. It's a deal that will see him back in Florida, where, as we all know, he already is. So why don't the Vancouver Canucks and Florida Panthers announce now? Because there are details that hinge on the contract the NHL and NHLPA will finally agree to. In other words, they're waiting for the business to be straightened out.
Luongo has a decade left on his deal and his cap hitis $5.3 million per, sizable, though not out of line for a gold-medal-winning, all-star goalie, and what is coming back in return is going to depend upon where the salary cap winds up. If it drops lower than expected, Vancouver may get less than they'd like, or may even be forced to take a contract in return.

Roberto Luongo: Homeward Bound
There have been rumblings all along that it's Florida and Luongo's demeanor this off-season, or at least when he's been in the public eye, suggests a total lack of concern. He was very relaxed while playing in the World Series of Poker in Las Vegas last month, in fact he was in a positively jovial frame of mind about his future. And not only did he say that he was leaving Vancouver he told another poker player from Florida that he may be playing there again.
There was that magazine, the Fourth Period, back in late June that claims a source close to it all said Luongo was only willing to waive his no-trade contract to get back to Florida. The magazine said that what was holding up the deal was Florida's reluctance to include young forward Nick Bjugstad; surely that was resolved and the hold-up, again, became money and the cap.
There was also the dinner he did or did not have with Michael Yormark in Las Vegas while at the poker tournament. Yormark happens to be the president of the Panthers and before leaving for Vegas from Florida, he'd tweeted "On the road again this week. Heading to vegas for a very important dinner on monday night." That could be code for Luongo, no?
Obviously Luongo is the one who holds all the cards, with that no-trade clause he can simply say 'no'. I might have believed it could be Toronto or Chicago earlier, but the lateness - training camps open in a month if there's no lock-out - suggests he's relaxed about it because he knows where he's going. He's not worried about house-hunting in another NHL city because he has a house in Miami and he knows he'll be back there playing for the Florida Panthers.
And as soon as the NHL and NHLPA stop fighting over who gets how much of the billion plus that fans send their way each season, we'll know about it, too.

Posted Image

#1149 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:18 PM

No point in quoting the 'quote', right? Whoever went to all the effort to write that 'quote' doesn't appear to want to ID themselves. This is getting 'more' than laughable.

#1150 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:29 PM

Truthfully, I simply can't understand why other GM's in the league aren't jumping on the chance to get Luongo. Whoever gets him is almost a lock for a GM of the year award. They have a chance to get a superstar goalie that will carry their franchise for the next five years. No player on their current roster or farm system is likely to do that.

Luongo is still in his prime, has a cap friendly deal, and all he has ever done is win. So he fell short in Game 7. He's still miles ahead of every other goalie in Canuck history.

There's a saying in sports that you never want to get 4 quarters for of a dollar. The Canucks are basically offering a dollar for 3 quarters and stubborn fools like Burke are not willing to buy in.

I don't blame Gillis for holding on to Luongo at this point.

Wow, you have to be the president of Luongo's fanclub.

It is my belief that the other GMs in the league aren't jumping on Luongo because (aside from a lockout) he has proven that he cant deliver in the playoffs without a very high calibre team in front of him. He'll serve you well in the regular season but after that you are on your own.

I think Luongo's superstar status is behind him and he would not be able to carry a middle of the pack type of team for 5 years, maybe 2 or 3 but anything beyond that is very optimistic, he would be in his late 30s after all.

Luongo is no longer in his prime, IMO he hit his ceiling in 2010/11, it's probably all down hill from there.

"All he has ever done is win"? What has he won? He didn't do much winning before coming to the Canucks. He hasn't won anything particularly noteworthy since being here. He has won a lot of regular season games on a mostly good to great Canucks team, that's about all. Yes I know he won the Gold Medal which is not an NHL accomplishment.

He was mediocre in game 7 of the SCF, which was the biggest game of his life. He's also fallen short by quite a margin in some other very important games.

I wouldn't say he's miles ahead of Kirk Mclean. You cant really compare the stats between the two of them because of the different eras. We do know that Kirk did get us closer to a cup than Luongo on an inferior version of our team compared to today's. Yes, Luongo is miles ahead of the rest of our goalies but I wouldn't be surprised to see Cory Schneider surpass his records some day.

#1151 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:31 PM

No point in quoting the 'quote', right? Whoever went to all the effort to write that 'quote' doesn't appear to want to ID themselves. This is getting 'more' than laughable.

Actually, I forgot the link. Dry your tears.
http://www.digitaljo.../article/330885

#1152 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:45 PM

Posted Image

Just a bunch of old news being re-used for speculation
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#1153 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,980 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:45 PM

Posted Image

LOL, who is the idiot that wrote that? Bunch of speculative crap. Waiting on the CBA, that has absolutely no effect on already established contracts.

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#1154 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,469 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:01 PM

LOL, who is the idiot that wrote that? Bunch of speculative crap. Waiting on the CBA, that has absolutely no effect on already established contracts.

It's some guy named Marcus Hondro, who according to the article is a "digital journalist" living on Bowen Island.

Translation: A guy with a computer and an opinion.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#1155 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:27 PM

^^^ It's some idiot who thinks the new CBA might have a lower cap hit and the Canucks will get less in return for Luongo if that happens.

He has never heard of salary roll-back, or how the new CBA/cap hit will affect existing contracts. Moron.

#1156 Aestheticon67

Aestheticon67

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:38 PM

Wow, you have to be the president of Luongo's fanclub.

It is my belief that the other GMs in the league aren't jumping on Luongo because (aside from a lockout) he has proven that he cant deliver in the playoffs without a very high calibre team in front of him. He'll serve you well in the regular season but after that you are on your own.

I think Luongo's superstar status is behind him and he would not be able to carry a middle of the pack type of team for 5 years, maybe 2 or 3 but anything beyond that is very optimistic, he would be in his late 30s after all.

Luongo is no longer in his prime, IMO he hit his ceiling in 2010/11, it's probably all down hill from there.

"All he has ever done is win"? What has he won? He didn't do much winning before coming to the Canucks. He hasn't won anything particularly noteworthy since being here. He has won a lot of regular season games on a mostly good to great Canucks team, that's about all. Yes I know he won the Gold Medal which is not an NHL accomplishment.

He was mediocre in game 7 of the SCF, which was the biggest game of his life. He's also fallen short by quite a margin in some other very important games.

I wouldn't say he's miles ahead of Kirk Mclean. You cant really compare the stats between the two of them because of the different eras. We do know that Kirk did get us closer to a cup than Luongo on an inferior version of our team compared to today's. Yes, Luongo is miles ahead of the rest of our goalies but I wouldn't be surprised to see Cory Schneider surpass his records some day.

wins, he wins, best in league two years straight. Lu
Daniel Sedin when not playing for his national team, passes it up to Pavol Demitra gathering speed through the neutral zone to battle in deep, a quick centering feed to Henrik Sedin as he dazzles the D and slides it under Patrick Lalime. Dany Sabourin stones Sami Kapanen who tried the wraparound but was denied by the paddle down. Sidney Crosby was taught how to win at hockey by Ziggy Palffy.

#1157 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:16 PM

Before playing a game in the NHL,,,
Although the Islanders planned to have Luongo play in the NHL for the 199899 season, an inconsistent performance at training camp led to Luongo's return to the QMJHL that season.[10] Due to having failed to come to terms on a contract before October 1, 1998, Luongo was not allowed to be called up to the Islanders from junior over the course of the subsequent seasson

.Mike Milbury said about Lu during his 1st season,,
"In January 2000, Luongo was publicly criticized by Islanders general manager Mike Milbury for having gone looking for an apartment in New York on a game day before letting in seven goals to the Boston Bruins.[29] Milbury told the media, "You can't do that in the NHL. You have to prepare yourself." Luongo defended himself by saying he did not divert from his usual game day routine by looking at just one apartment.[29]

If he was out apartment shopping on June 15 2011 I'll be pissed lol

#1158 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,381 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:12 PM

HI claims we're looking at Dwayne Roloson as a backup. I'll pass.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#1159 Mighty Walrus

Mighty Walrus

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:21 PM

#1160 Schnieds

Schnieds

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

Ummm what? Before you guys hand out those pluses, you should check if the guy actually has his facts right. Lu has NEVER led the league in wins. He tied Carey Price in 2010-2011 with 38.
2006-2007 47 wins - 2nd best in NHL
2007-2008 35 wins - tied for 7th in wins
2008-2009 33 wins - 9th best in NHL
2009-2010 40 wins - 5th best in NHL
2010-2011 38 wins - tied for 1st in NHL
2011-2012 31 wins - 13th in NHL

Or were you talking bout QMJHL stats? If you are and he was best in league two straight years then I apologize.

Edited by Schnieds, 20 August 2012 - 06:34 PM.

#1161 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

What does this even mean?
Yes he's won some games. Has he won the Vezina and the Stanley Cup the last two years straight? No he hasn't, he is not the best.

#1162 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:14 PM

I don't think so. One great year by Schneider under no pressure and one bad year post-SCF from Luongo does not make it that Luongo is traded for sure. Schneider is not there yet and Luongo has been there for a long time.

Really? Do you honestly believe that?

This Schneider fanfare is great for fans and the Luongo saga is even better.

Okay, good for the fans, but is that toxicity good for Luongo and his current team-mates both on and off the ice? I'm sure the rest of the team would love that daily barrage of media driven garbage questioning.

With Luongo, so far it is Florida or nowhere. As of today, the chances of Luongo landing in T.O. is Saturdays January 12. Chicago, the only other team mentioned vocally by Luongo, makes as much sense for the Canucks to trade him there as Luongo signing a fifteen year deal with one team and then waiving his NTC. Luongo is an extremely smart man and no better choice of team to chose than Chicago to insure he doesn't get traded. Toronto on the other hand might look ridiculous now with their lowball offer but it is only early posturing by Burke. As he sees his team falter, his face will get redder and he'll increase his offer. But Luongo says no via NTC.

Yet Luongo said himself he'd be willing to waive it.

The question here then becomes this:

Is it better to have Schneider with what Lungo could bring in or is it better to have Luongo with what Schneider can bring in.

Actually, no. The question becomes, "Is Luongo currently happy in Vancouver or does he want a change of scenery?"

Asked on the Jeff O'Neil Show whether Luongo expected to be wearing a Canucks sweater in the fall, the 33-year-old netminder said, "I would never say never, you never know. I think we all know what's going on and seen what's developed, and at the end of the day, it's time to move on and I'm OK with that."

"I've had a great six years in Vancouver. I think its a wonderful city, I really enjoyed my time there. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to bring a Stanley Cup there, which was probably my biggest regret. But it will be remembered for six great years."

Luongo told reporters in May that he would be willing to waive his no-trade clause, and potential suitors that have been bandied about include the Florida Panthers and Toronto Maple Leafs.
The terms of Luongo's contract could make a trade difficult, however. There are 10 seasons left on the 12-year deal he signed in 2010 and it carries a salary cap hit of $5.33 million US per season.

"Maybe [the contract]'s a bit of a handicap for me right now to be able to decide as far as how many teams are really interested in my services," Luongo said. "There's a few teams on there that I'd be willing to look at."

"Obviously Florida is my home in the off-season and makes sense, [there are] family reasons why [but] at the end of the day it's hockey, also. There’s not many years left in my career even though I got a long contract; I want to be focused on a chance to do something."

Luongo's days in Vancouver clearly numbered

Asked whether he’d tell Canucks GM Mike Gillis he'd use his no-trade clause to remain in Vancouver, Luongo said it was clear his days in Vancouver are numbered.

"I think it’s really time to move on, I don’t think it was either one of us, either I demanded a trade or Mike suggest I leave, but I think it was more of a mutual understanding that it was time for me to go and Cory [Schneider] to take over."

Luongo was asked Friday about how he learned that Schneider was being signed to the lucrative contract.

"Nobody called me, but I think that was to be expected. We've all seen what he's done in Vancouver the last couple of years," said Luongo. "He's a tremendous talent. The main thing that I like about him is that he's a got a great head on his shoulders."

"He's a player that's going to be able to handle the job and handle the market with that pressure. He's going to be a star in this league, there's no question about that, and he's going to probably win a few Vezinas."

The Canucks acquired Luongo in a trade with the Florida Panthers in 2006. He has 339 career wins in the NHL with 60 shutouts, a 2.52 goals-against average and a .919 saves percentage.

Since arriving in British Columbia, Luongo has led Vancouver to the playoffs five times. The Canucks have also won the President's Trophy for the league's best regular season record the past two years.

He has 32 wins in 61 playoff appearances with a 2.53 GAA and a .916 saves percentage.

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...-interview.html

Old news but I don't think it gets any clearer than that and, personally, I don't begrudge him one bit. If I were him I'd also rather be around my wife and kids in Florida where there's no ridiculous media over-coverage nor is there a rabid fan base that takes their hockey too seriously (ie burning their own city over it) that boos its own players on a regular basis.

Edited by Millerdraft, 20 August 2012 - 10:17 PM.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#1163 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,166 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:16 PM

Last

naslundsig5.gif14326903821.giftowel.gif
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#1164 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:50 PM

Really? Do you honestly believe that?

Okay, good for the fans, but is that toxicity good for Luongo and his current team-mates both on and off the ice? I'm sure the rest of the team would love that daily barrage of media driven garbage questioning.

Yet Luongo said himself he'd be willing to waive it.

Actually, no. The question becomes, "Is Luongo currently happy in Vancouver or does he want a change of scenery?"

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...-interview.html

Old news but I don't think it gets any clearer than that and, personally, I don't begrudge him one bit. If I were him I'd also rather be around my wife and kids in Florida where there's no ridiculous media over-coverage nor is there a rabid fan base that takes their hockey too seriously (ie burning their own city over it) that boos its own players on a regular basis.

Enough with the riot references already. That had nothing to do with real Nucks fans and less to do with the people of Vancouver. A bunch of thugs and no-minds that should have been read the riot act and then taken down with rubber bullets.

As for booing, no, Vancouver fans do not regularly boo their players. What they do is sell out every game and have for years. they buy merchandise and make 60+ page threads about player trades etc.

FYI - Boston fans booed their team last year, and that was after they won the cup a few months earlier. Montreal go booed by their fans and Toronto, fans were showing up with paper bags on their heads.

Vancouver is a hockey microscope but if you love the game, it's a great place to play.

#1165 canucks_dynasty

canucks_dynasty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:25 AM

I'd trade...

Luongo + Raymond (a couple of guys in need of a fresh start)
for
Matthias + Howden + Ellerby (#3C, top 6F prospect, big young #6D - we get younger and bigger).

Meh...

#1166 dariusop2012

dariusop2012

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:30 AM

IMO Luongo will be traded to a dark team like the Flyers. If Florida really wanted Luongo, they would have made a trade already.

#1167 canucks_dynasty

canucks_dynasty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:35 AM

IMO Luongo will be traded to a dark team like the Flyers. If Florida really wanted Luongo, they would have made a trade already.

Pretty sure Bryzgalov has a NMC. And seriously doubt PHI wants to carry 11M in goaltending.

#1168 Get real canuck fans

Get real canuck fans

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:36 AM

You do realize Bryz has a NMC, which means they cannot banish him in the minors.

#1169 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,436 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:37 AM

Trades:

Signings:

Varlamov was traded for 1 first round pick and 1 second round pick. HUGE difference.

#1170 Get real canuck fans

Get real canuck fans

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:40 AM

Varlamov was traded for 1 first round pick and 1 second round pick. HUGE difference.

Seems some fail to recognize age as a factor as well. Varlamov was 23, Lu is 33.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.