The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

lol i admit i even thought to myself, i wonder if the convo Lou's having is THE phone call asking him to waive ha! He did look kinda gloomy when he was walking away and texting after? Maybe Ill tweet Eklund to see if he bites!

None of the players in that trade are considered prospects. It's not like Booth came over and lit it up either, those were salary dumps for Tallon (I do think MG got the better in that trade though). You gotta compare apples with apples before you insult someone.

Bjustad doesn't have an NHL contract with Florida (as per capgeek). I don't want him in case he pulls a Justin Schultz on the Nucks. Only want him if it's a guarantee that he'll sign a NHL contract. How many more years before Bjustad becomes a UFA?

I'd rather the Nucks make sure to get a guy under contract.

Maybe...

Luongo + Schroeder + Hansen for Matthias + Howden + 2nd 2013?

I have the same concern as well, that he'd pull a Schultz. He was born and raised in Minnesota, chose to play hockey for UofM and Minny Wild have some good young prospects. Jugs is going into his 3rd yr of Uni.

I'm not sure how it works with college guys, but when are they eligible to sign a contract with their NHL team? Could he sign one this summer and still play for UofM for 2 more yrs?

I have the same concern as well, that he'd pull a Schultz. He was born and raised in Minnesota, chose to play hockey for UofM and Minny Wild have some good young prospects. Jugs is going into his 3rd yr of Uni.

I'm not sure how it works with college guys, but when are they eligible to sign a contract with their NHL team? Could he sign one this summer and still play for UofM for 2 more yrs?

Everybody back away slowly from the luongo thread! To the sound of my voice. Once you are clear of the thread please close the web page and proceed outside. Get some fresh air and wait for any real news. You have the right to remain silent. Please do :P

Bure > Luongo as the most anticipated trade and trade of our best ever player. Lou is a great player, but Bure was a HHOF for being amongst the most electric players ever, in spite of an injury shortened career. Lou needs to up his game to be HHOF or compare with Pav. Bure was also being a much bigger jerk & that plus the always entertaining GM Burke handling it made the drama a lot more fun. :lol:

Naslund's acquisition #1 and then debate Sedins acquisition or Tuzzi/McCabe would also trump Lou leaving IMO...

Cute an true. Patience with this one. This is the greatest trade in Canucks history and it hasn't gone down yet.

Wait................ Wait........ Wait... Sign off.

Summer........start......deadline

Archived