The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

Oh. Yes. Strategy.

Take Luongo, Lou or Boo him then throw him under the bus and run him out of town, hopefully, hopefully for players nay, A... player who hasn't played in the bigs yet and might never suit up for the franchise.

From Linden to Bertuzzi to Luongo to NOTHING.

CDC STRATEGY.

take it easy bud. how is it racial profiling? if I say your likely to eat Chinese this week is that racist off of a sudden? isn't he known to have a favorite restaurant in van that happens to be Italian? the boards piss me off sometimes

FOR DISCUSSION SAKE:

Hockeyy Insiderr ‏@HockeyyInsiderr

The #Canucks are closing in on trading @strombone1 to the#NHLPanthers. The trade talks have picked up (again) and progress is made daily.

The negotiations between #FLAPanthers and #Canucks for Luongo have Matthias as the center piece.

Bjugstad is a name mentioned in the Luongo negotiations but sources not 100% sure if #FLAPanthers are willing to give him up.#Canucks

One thing is certain, Luongo could be on the move sooner rather than later. The #Canucks have already started shopping for a backup goalie!

#Canucks have contacted Dan Ellis. Also called #Habs to inquire about Peter Budaj. @strombone1 on the move next week?

I believe the Budaj and Matthias parts, and that's it.

Itallians are not a "race" - they are a nationality - there is a difference - to suggest that the idea that an Italian might be eating Italian food this week is "racial profiling" trivializes what racial profiling actually is, and is about as self-righteous as suggesting that using the word "Pooss-ee" Cats is sexist. The poster apparently intended to say the speculation is not really news - there is nothing there that suggests they are disparaging Italians or Italian food. It's quite a stretch. Assuming someone is a 12 year old (as if all 12 year olds are ignorant) isn't really much of a one-up.

Ouch Matthias as a centerpiece? He's nothing more then a 3rd line player, i'm not saying he sucks or anything, but terrible centerpiece package. quite horrible. Not a player I want in a Luongo deal. if that's the case i rather hang on to Luongo, and wait out during the season and make a trade then.

Also that fact that Brian Burke has not come back with a counter offer shows he has no interest in Luongo. He's just pretending to have interest in Luongo to avoid the wraith of the Toronto Media. He could easily come back with Nazm Kadri and roster player, but nothing.

Sorry to say but your original post is racial profiling.

1) he's most likely in florida right now with his family or somewhere on vacation

2) Just because his favourite food is italian does not mean that he will each that type of food weekly

3) He is italian and therefore stating that he will eat italian food is racial profiling

Fact is you could've said any kind of food instead of italian, but w/e re-itterating board rules is against the rules as well, there's a lovely report feature for a reason.

Just to correct you although Italian isn't technically a race, racial profiling is the assumption of behaviour because of ones race or ethnicity. An example would be the Robert Dziekanski, the polish immigrant, the basis around this is the argument that police reacted differently as the individual was of a different ethnic background.

Realistically Racial Profiling is more of a reacting term where as Racial Slur is probably more proper to these terms.

Racial slurs only become racial profiling if one makes assumption to these slurs and react accordingly thus typically racial profiling is a term reserved for Law Enforcement Officials.

I do agree though that calling the poster "another 12 year old kid" hurts his argument.

Itallians are not a "race" - they are a nationality - there is a difference - to suggest that the idea that an Italian might be eating Italian food this week is "racial profiling" trivializes what racial profiling actually is, and is about as self-righteous as suggesting that using the word "Pooss-ee" Cats is sexist. The poster apparently intended to say the speculation is not really news - there is nothing there that suggests they are disparaging Italians or Italian food. It's quite a stretch. Assuming someone is a 12 year old (as if all 12 year olds are ignorant) isn't really much of a one-up.

...blah...common sense here....don't derail the point by being a grammar/english prof. It was indeed a general verbage on my part which I will own up, but nevertheless, just because someone is Italian shouldn't be suggested that they would be eating Italian food. The intent of his point is what is concerning. Yes indeed free speech lives on, but shouldn't come at the cost of biggotry and generalizing of any Nationalities and races. Those who know what I mean, good for you for understanding. Those that derail or detract from the essence of the argument, sucks to be nit picking at graspless straws. You can have the last word on this issue if you'd like, but it is what it is to some.

...blah...common sense here....don't derail the point by being a grammar/english prof. It was indeed a general verbage on my part which I will own up, but nevertheless, just because someone is Italian shouldn't be suggested that they would be eating Italian food. The intent of his point is what is concerning. Yes indeed free speech lives on, but shouldn't come at the cost of biggotry and generalizing of any Nationalities and races. Those who know what I mean, good for you for understanding. Those that derail or detract from the essence of the argument, sucks to be nit picking at graspless straws. You can have the last word on this issue if you'd like, but it is what it is to some.

Archived