The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

Watch him play lights out and hit free agency next year as the prize free agent. He'll be good this time around, because next year's pay check depends on it. He screwed up this past contract year, so I'd be surprised if he doesn't try his ass off.

Jesus, watch out for Carolina.

It isn't fair to Luongo but I think it might be advantageous to wait until the season starts before trading him... As soon as a Bryzgalov or a Howard goes down... The market value for Luongo skyrockets. And when the Leafs suck 15 games in (as usual) Burke will re-think Gardiner to save his job.

It isn't fair to Luongo but I think it might be advantageous to wait until the season starts before trading him... As soon as a Bryzgalov or a Howard goes down... The market value for Luongo skyrockets. And when the Leafs suck 15 games in (as usual) Burke will re-think Gardiner to save his job.

Conversation being about goaltending, the deal involving Luongo and Raymond, you calling them castaways.

With the millions Raymond makes, he is Mr. Raymond to most of us. Class and a return from career threatning injury, at a pay cut nonetheless.

Say what you may, but Raymond has gone through more than you might experience in a lifetime. He's like Burrows; team first.

Luongo, you know my thoughts on that one.

On a side note: is it not ironic how Hodgson was "misdiagnosed" and Raymond's broken back was "fixed"? lol

Maybe castaways wasn't the right choice of words.

Speaking about Raymond, I'm sure he's a nice guy and a good citizen/teammate however I think if Gillis was somehow able to get a good package for Luongo and Raymond was the kicker in the deal for some reason, he'd be gone too. It's fairly obvious we are trying to move Luongo because we more or less dont need him anymore, so with Raymond being included with Luongo in the proposal, I suppose that is what I meant by castaways.

I do admit it was pretty remarkable for him to come back from his injury, his paycut though was performance related which dated back before his injury I think we can all agree.

Is it fair that Lu has only given MG one team to trade with?? I don't care what Lu wants, he is the one that wanted the rediculous contract and wouldn't resign with the Canucks unless he was grossly overpaid. He can play backup if he is handcuffing MG.

If Lu is on the roster come October, MG will most likely have to wait until at least January to get value as we all know how well Lu plays the first couple monthes

I don't think many people felt that Lu was 'grossly overpaid' when he signed his deal. In fact many felt he could have gotten more in a open market.

I support dealing Lu over Schneider because IMHO Schneider is a fundamently stronger goalie. He maintains body position and does not go down as quickly as Lu. The other factors are Schneider is younger and his contract is shorter and less money. The gamble is whether he will stand up to the schedule but I think the risk is low and well worth it.

The Canuck window to the CUP is shutting fast. The offensive base to the Canucks is the Twins. Gillis has to get younger and start to build around SChneider. Trading Lu should bring back pieces that can help in a big way.

Archived