Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2402 replies to this topic

#121 winthecup

winthecup

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:49 AM

He's sooooo Legit that he can't quit; nevertheless, the 80s are officially over and Mc Hammer knows nothing about puck.

It looks like he is just regurgitating other "insiders" rumours from the internet.

#122 our time is now

our time is now

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:02 AM

I would rather have bjustaud and 1st round pick

#123 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,116 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:17 PM

I don't think Howson had any advantage on MG with Nash..........Nash had a longer list of teams he was willing to go to, but his contract is much bigger and less value for the caphit.......throw in that a top (or near top) level starter who will guarantee your team at least 30-40 wins is a more valuable than a 70 point lw and I thinkMG has a more valuable asset than Howson did.

I was comparing Howson's position vs Burke. The Laffers have no comparable to Nash on their Roster. IMHO the CBJ have more depth. Burke is trying to revive a franchise by UFA's and trades from a roster that really doesn't give him anything to work with. His big trade for a suspect player like Kessel cost him to 1st rounders who will be top level.

#124 suolucidir

suolucidir

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:38 PM

I was comparing Howson's position vs Burke. The Laffers have no comparable to Nash on their Roster. IMHO the CBJ have more depth. Burke is trying to revive a franchise by UFA's and trades from a roster that really doesn't give him anything to work with. His big trade for a suspect player like Kessel cost him to 1st rounders who will be top level.

First move he made was so handicapped by pride.. The guy knows the pieces you need to make a winner, but his asset management is... he really shouldn't have squandered those picks.
PSN: CloakOfSkill

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists somewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

It bugs me when people pull out the gold medal for an example... Luongo only had to outplay Brodeur.

#125 TheRussianRocket96

TheRussianRocket96

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:18 PM

I would rather have bjustaud and 1st round pick

I would be upset at either one of these trades. Why would u take Bjugstad and a pick for lu? This helps us in no way right now. I would rather take Gudbranson straight up no pick and hold out for a minimum of that then take a prospect who may not be a good player in the nhl and a mid 1st round pick

#126 our time is now

our time is now

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:38 PM

I would be upset at either one of these trades. Why would u take Bjugstad and a pick for lu? This helps us in no way right now. I would rather take Gudbranson straight up no pick and hold out for a minimum of that then take a prospect who may not be a good player in the nhl and a mid 1st round pick

We still have a great young D but not that many young forwards who can step it up and be a first line or second line centre

#127 JLumme

JLumme

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:42 PM

I'd bet the sticking point is the first rounder. Both Tallon and Gillis know that it has a chance of being a lottery pick.

#128 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:47 PM

Who the hell cares about Dreger, he has an opinion so what!

I do believe the value has slightly dropped or basically stayed the same. We can all say what we want, the bottom line is, a player is only worth what a team(s) willing to pay. If that price is less valuable than what we got then no sale!

At this point Gillis may need to take this into the season to drive up his value, and we all know what Luongo's October is like!

None of us care about Dreger, that being said, Canucks fan have every right to slam him too, for indirectly negotiating for the Laffs. Luckily our money puck overlord will not buy any of their bull crap. Also suggesting us to take back a salary dump is downright insulting, especially for such a pylon in komiserek.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#129 Islandboss

Islandboss

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:27 PM

I'd bet the sticking point is the first rounder. Both Tallon and Gillis know that it has a chance of being a lottery pick.

How so? Florida won their division last year.How does that pick even get close to the lottery?.Pretty sure they won't sink to the bottom 5 of the league next year.
A statistician is a person who draws a mathematically precise line from an unwarranted assumption to a foregone conclusion.

Kelly is a great gal

#130 Jake's_Dad

Jake's_Dad

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:05 PM

Id say the sticking point is shane doan- when that domino falls, look for a Lu trade quick.......I think I just became an insider
-formerly known as macvic24

#131 RO8!!

RO8!!

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:31 PM

How so? Florida won their division last year.How does that pick even get close to the lottery?.Pretty sure they won't sink to the bottom 5 of the league next year.

Because no team ever does well for one season and doesn't back it up. Plus Injuries, etc. you never know what might happen all it would take is a key injury or 2 and they may not be able to recover. As well as the fact that it's not like they ran away with their division, they had the lowest win total of any playoff team and were a mere 5 points from missing the playoffs entirely, and with a couple losses to the wrong teams that 5 points margin shrinks pretty fast.

"Hey this milk is bad. Maybe tomorrow it'll be better."

Canucks NYG Celtics Fan

#132 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

First move he made was so handicapped by pride.. The guy knows the pieces you need to make a winner, but his asset management is... he really shouldn't have squandered those picks.

Burke i thought might have a chance to turn the laffs around because of his stubborn take no BS attitude and no fall to the combination of Toronto media and ownership pressure to make trades just for the sake of doing something like most previous ones have.They will never build a proper team until someone comes in there and does a proper rebuild
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#133 Not A Fruit

Not A Fruit

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:59 PM

Plus maybe a lock out (hopefully not), pretty sure they do a lottery for that :(
Posted Image
Special Thanks to Twilight Sparkle ^

#134 joelouis

joelouis

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

Send Lou to Calgary for Iginla.

#135 ALWAYZ BELIEVE

ALWAYZ BELIEVE

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:24 PM

Hey this is off topic, but does anyone know is strombone1 is luuu on twitter?

Sorry typing fast **if strombone1 is luongo

Edited by ALWAYZ BELIEVE, 24 July 2012 - 08:26 PM.

#136 firestorm238

firestorm238

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:27 PM

Yup

#137 ALWAYZ BELIEVE

ALWAYZ BELIEVE

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:02 PM

Yup

Thanks, is is him forsure ?? Or is it
just a hunch??

Is it ******

Edited by ALWAYZ BELIEVE, 24 July 2012 - 09:03 PM.

#138 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,976 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:09 PM

Thanks, is is him forsure ?? Or is it
just a hunch??

Is it ******

Ya its Lu.

Its not an official twitter. (With the check mark beside it) but its Lu.
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#139 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,663 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:01 AM

Okay guys, bear with me here, I think, now this is the tough part, I think we should trade, got it, trade Luongo, to another team, get it? We should, like soon, trade Luongo. He, now I'm not even kidding, asked to be traded. To another team. For a lot. Or not a lot. Maybe in between.

And this is how Luongo trade discussion has been for the past month.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#140 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:35 PM

I think Lui starts the season in Vancouver .
Posted Image

#141 cdubuya

cdubuya

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

For the love of god. I think we should just wait up til 3 years and trade schneider to the highest bidder. Til then we just showcase him to the non beleivers til one GM caves and gives us fair price for the next incredible goalie.
Posted Image

#142 Blood Fiend

Blood Fiend

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:34 PM

I think Lui starts the season in Vancouver .

If Doan signs here, for 5-6M per, i dont see how we could keep luongo. Kesler wont be on IR until 13 games into the season or somthing like that.

#143 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,758 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:43 PM

If Doan signs here, for 5-6M per, i dont see how we could keep luongo. Kesler wont be on IR until 13 games into the season or somthing like that.

Yep. Unless Doan signs for 5 mil and we carry a 22 man roster it's not possible.

Unless of course we trade Ballard, but that just weakens our D.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#144 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:47 PM

Not going to lie, at the end of the season it looked really bleak for us.

After the Garrison signing and drafting Gaunce we felt a bit better.

If Doan signs and we get a decent 3rd line difference maker or depth 5th dman or even both in the Luongo trade.

Well then I think we've improved even more than Minnesota.

Thoughts?

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#145 our time is now

our time is now

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:52 PM

If Doan signs and we get a decent 3rd line difference maker or depth 5th dman or even both in the Luongo trade.

Thoughts?

I think we need doan look at all the recent stanley cup winning teams they have atleast one veteran leader on there teams

Edited by our time is now, 25 July 2012 - 03:53 PM.

#146 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

Thoughts?

Agreed. Gaunce and Jensen are looking like good picks. Doan would be the icing on the cake to a good offseason.Garrison was a very good pickup. (I saw him biking in Stanley Park today and he is a big man).
I'm hoping on a package with Lu for some young blue chip talent.

#147 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,758 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:56 PM

Getting Doan would make this an amazing offseason.

Not getting him would put alot more pressure on getting a amazing return for Luongo.

If we could get both, we would be set up to be a very competitive team this season.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#148 bigpush

bigpush

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:24 PM

Getting Doan would make this an amazing offseason.

Not getting him would put alot more pressure on getting a amazing return for Luongo.

If we could get both, we would be set up to be a very competitive team this season.

I only see Doan as amazing if he doesn't cost a ridiculous amount (max 4million and 3 years). I just don't see him being worth what is being rumoured. He would be a worthy addition but I don't see him as the most glaring need for us going into next season. Kesler and Booth badly need a playmaker and the only options at this point are Higgins, Raymond, Schroeder and Hansen internally. Booth Kesler Doan as a line doesn't work IMO and I don't really see him on the 3rd as a shut down guy. Play him with the Sedins could work and Burrows on the 2nd might work as a play maker but part of me just feels dirty taking Burrows off the 1st line when he has been so good over the years.

Edited by bigpush, 25 July 2012 - 04:26 PM.

#149 Graham

Graham

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:09 PM

Agreed. Gaunce and Jensen are looking like good picks. Doan would be the icing on the cake to a good offseason.Garrison was a very good pickup. (I saw him biking in Stanley Park today and he is a big man).
I'm hoping on a package with Lu for some young blue chip talent.

Was he wearing a helmet?

#150 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

Burke doesn't know squat. Overrated IMHO. He left the cupboard bare during time in van... Doing the same in TO.

Anaheim: previous gm did all the work by sucking for so long... anyone can trade for Pronger when u have all those assets to give up. Neidermeyer only cause his brother was there....

Now... Does he know a winner? Yes. Can he gauge talent? No

The leafs need to really rebuild, not through FA and trades, but by drafting. As u say rightly... He doesn't handle assets well. 100% agree. He cannot draft to save his life.

For him givIng up those 2 first picks was probably a relief - cause he would have blown it if he had to pick...

Edited by canucksnihilist, 25 July 2012 - 05:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.