Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2402 replies to this topic

#1471 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:03 PM

The 2013 UFA defensemen pool looks extremely bleak. When Roszival, Kubina, Spacek ad Finger are the top D UFA, you know there's nothing out there.

LOL! They are all available now!
Posted Image

#1472 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,335 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:04 PM

My thoughts exactly, though isn't he property of Philly? And since they are in dire need of defense. I would think that if he does come back, he would suit up for them...

The 2013 UFA defensemen pool looks extremely bleak. When Roszival, Kubina, Spacek ad Finger are the top D UFA, you know there's nothing out there.

Think before you post

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#1473 Sensemaker

Sensemaker

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:06 PM

Think before you post

Didn't press the refresh button on CapGeek. My post was edited.

Edited by Sensemaker, 03 September 2012 - 06:08 PM.

#1474 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

Come to think of it, the Garrison signing is a beauty.
Posted Image

#1475 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:44 PM

My thoughts exactly, though isn't he property of Philly? And since they are in dire need of defense. I would think that if he does come back, he would suit up for them...

The 2013 UFA defensemen pool looks extremely bleak. Timmonen, Visnovsky, Gonchar, Hainsey and Streit are available in 2013. Not exactly top notch 1Ds...

Timmonen is a very good Dman. I'd try to sign him for sure.

#1476 Sensemaker

Sensemaker

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:31 PM

Come to think of it, the Garrison signing is a beauty.

If he plays as good as he's been involved in the community since being signed, we have a steal folks.

Edited by Sensemaker, 03 September 2012 - 07:31 PM.

#1477 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:48 PM

Timmonen is a very good Dman. I'd try to sign him for sure.

Yes, but he is close to retirement though.
Posted Image

#1478 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:06 AM

The 2013 UFA defensemen pool looks extremely bleak. Timmonen, Visnovsky, Gonchar, Hainsey and Streit are available in 2013. Not exactly top notch 1Ds...

Your dreaming if you think Pronger is coming back. I suspect he will be happy to simply get his health back. He was so bad he couldn't be in well lit rooms or be in a group of people. Eventually tried to make it to a Philly game and had to leave.

#1479 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:44 AM

Bjustad please.

Good article:
http://nickbjugstad....ophers.html?m=1

#1480 Sensemaker

Sensemaker

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:34 AM

Your dreaming if you think Pronger is coming back. I suspect he will be happy to simply get his health back. He was so bad he couldn't be in well lit rooms or be in a group of people. Eventually tried to make it to a Philly game and had to leave.

Very sad. Yet another great goes down.

#1481 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 15,761 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:23 AM

Bjustad please.

Good article:

[Sarcasm]They have Kesler as a "comparable". We've already got a Kesler and according to this thread we don't want that one. Why would we want another?[/Sarcasm]
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1482 grandmaster

grandmaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,635 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:26 AM

It amazes me that other than Suter and Parise, no real big names were moved this summer. Probably the most uneventful summer ever.

Wouldn't surprise me if Lui stayed on this team and all these speculative threads show to be a waste of time

Favorite all time Canuck: Bertuzzi 2002-2003 season
Most clutch all time Canuck: Linden 1994 Stanley Cup Playoffs
Most exciting all time Canuck: Pavel Bure 90's

#1483 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,399 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:35 AM

It amazes me that other than Suter and Parise, no real big names were moved this summer. Probably the most uneventful summer ever.

Wouldn't surprise me if Lui stayed on this team and all these speculative threads show to be a waste of time

Rick Nash is not a big name????
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#1484 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,116 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:54 AM

Roberto Luongo looking over the shoulders of Panthers goalies Clemmensen and Theodore

"It's been a tough summer, not knowing what's going to happen,'' said Luongo, 33, while changing in the cramped visitor's locker room a few feet from where several Panthers, including goalie coach Robb Tallas, were skating in an unofficial practice.

"It's tough to not know what your future is going to be with your family and everything. There were a couple of stressful moments, but we're still here and everything's good.

"[The Panthers] makes sense for myself, for my career and my family,'' added Luongo, who still has 10 years at $5.33 million per remaining on his deal. "That being said. There's obvious other options as well. This is a preferred location for obvious reasons but I'm not shutting the door on other possibilities if it comes up.''
Meanwhile, neither Theodore nor Clemmensen, both 35, are overly concerned with Luongo looking over their shoulders because both are under contract, plus Theodore has a no-trade clause.

Theodore, who had an outstanding comeback season, going 22-16-11 with a 2.46 goals-against average, has played for four teams in the last five years, so he's more than ready to establish roots for himself and his family. He wouldn't say if Tallon has asked him to waive his no-trade clause.

"At this point there's no use talking about speculation,'' Theodore said after a morning skate last week. "It's been a quiet summer for me. I didn't have to make any tough decisions on where to sign or where to go, a good quiet summer. I didn't really follow what went on. I was back home just relaxing and working out with my personal trainer.

"I want to retire here for sure. All the players were part of the process last year and it was a good start. I feel like I've got a lot more years in front of me and this is the place. I like the fans; I like where the team is going, the organization, so obviously, I want to be part of that process.''

Clemmensen, who enjoyed one of his finest seasons, going 14-6-6 with a 2.57 goals-against-average, is also wants to remain with the Panthers.

"It's useless energy wasted on speculating what might happen with him,'' Clemmensen said of Luongo. "We pretty much have the same lineup that we had last year, as far as goalies are concerned. I feel like we did a great job last year, the three of us who played at this level anyway. I feel confident and very excited to be in the same kind of scenario.''
Luongo, still the Panthers all-time leading goalie in games played (317), victories (108) and shutouts (26), said he hasn't spoken with Gillis recently, but he believes that his boss is waiting for the best deal. One thing Luongo knows for certain is that he isn't ready to be a backup, despite his less-than-sterling playoff results in recent years.

"Obviously, I want to start. That's a given,'' said Luongo, an avid cyclist who often rides to Palm Beach and back to his home in Parkland as part of training regimen.

"You're dealt different situations in life. You've got to handle them the right way. I don't know what's going to happen this year. The only thing I could do is work hard and have a positive atittude. At the end of the day, I'm sure everything is going to work out.''

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#1485 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:16 AM

elvis15 whats the deal with your pearl harbor picture?

#1486 Samuel Påhlsson

Samuel Påhlsson

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

I'm hungry.

SYvE9NH.gif

#1487 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,876 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

Bjustad please.

Good article:

I'd compare him more to a Neely type player (fingers crossed). Having seen some of his goals on youtube this is a guy that scores frequently by crashing the net, taking guys off the puck and he still has a fantastic wrist shot. He's a for sure NHLer which is why Gillis has to pull the trigger on this kid.

Regarding the defenseman UFA pool, I'd take a guy like Hainsey in a heartbeat. He's big, physical and has had productive seasons despite being condemned to Atlanta.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#1488 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,876 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:37 AM

Bjustad please.

Good article:

EDIT: double post.

Edited by Ossi Vaanenen, 04 September 2012 - 11:38 AM.

2d7ye0p.jpg

#1489 wtpasc

wtpasc

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:01 PM

just read this quote from Lu on his current situation.

"You're dealt different situations in life," said Luongo. "You've got to handle them the right way. I don't know what's going to happen this year. The only thing I could do is work hard and have a positive attitude.
"At the end of the day, I'm sure everything is going to work out."

Gotta say he is a classy guy, gonna be sad to see him go when the time comes.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1490 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:06 PM

Lp
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#1491 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,876 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:21 PM

Woah, I think I'm actually going to beat VC in posting this:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=404511

CORAL SPRINGS, Fla. -- Roberto Luongo says it just "makes sense" for him to return to the Florida Panthers.

The Vancouver Canucks goaltender, who is awaiting a trade after losing his No. 1 job to Cory Schneider, skated near his off-season home on Tuesday and made it clear during an interview with the South Florida Sun Sentinel that his preference was to return to the Panthers.

"(Florida) makes sense for myself, for my career and my family," Luongo told the paper. "That being said, there's obvious other options as well. This is a preferred location for obvious reasons but I'm not shutting the door on other possibilities if it comes up."

Luongo spent five seasons in Florida between 2001 and 2006, when he was dealt to Vancouver. He and his wife return to the area every summer with their young children.

The 33-year-old has 10 years remaining on his contract at a cap hit of US$5.33 million and holds a no-trade clause.

Luongo posted a 31-14-8 record last season with a .919 save percentage and 2.41 goals-against average. He's dealt with speculation about his future in Vancouver for the past two seasons and it reached a new pitch when Schneider took over the No. 1 job during a first-round playoff loss to Los Angeles in the spring.

Luongo, who backstopped Canada to gold at the Vancouver Olympics, maintains that he wants to be in a position where he gets the majority of starts. The veteran is willing to be patient while the Canucks look for a trade that makes sense.

"You're dealt different situations in life," said Luongo. "You've got to handle them the right way. I don't know what's going to happen this year. The only thing I could do is work hard and have a positive attitude.

"At the end of the day, I'm sure everything is going to work out."

2d7ye0p.jpg

#1492 D-Bo7

D-Bo7

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:34 PM

You gotta respect him for wanting to go home, but he's really not making this easy for Gillis.

#1493 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,116 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:41 PM

just read this quote from Lu on his current situation.

Gotta say he is a classy guy, gonna be sad to see him go when the time comes.

Woah, I think I'm actually going to beat VC in posting this:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=404511

So, the same stuff I'd already posted above.

People have been trying to say he has shut down anywhere but Florida as an option but that's clearly not the case. Gillis has been allowed to look for deals, and will get back to the Luongo camp once there's anything worthwhile to report.

elvis15 whats the deal with your pearl harbor picture?

Have you not heard of the movie Animal House?

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#1494 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

[Sarcasm]They have Kesler as a "comparable". We've already got a Kesler and according to this thread we don't want that one. Why would we want another?[/Sarcasm]

Is it really worth being sarcastic when you have to write sarcasm twice in one sentence?

#1495 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:44 PM

I'd compare him more to a Neely type player (fingers crossed). Having seen some of his goals on youtube this is a guy that scores frequently by crashing the net, taking guys off the puck and he still has a fantastic wrist shot. He's a for sure NHLer which is why Gillis has to pull the trigger on this kid.

Regarding the defenseman UFA pool, I'd take a guy like Hainsey in a heartbeat. He's big, physical and has had productive seasons despite being condemned to Atlanta.

If he's like Neely then we are not getting him. 50 in 50.

#1496 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 15,761 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:23 PM

Is it really worth being sarcastic when you have to write sarcasm twice in one sentence?

Posted Image
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1497 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:30 PM

Posted Image

HaHa..Carry on then!

#1498 Sensemaker

Sensemaker

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:55 PM

VAN
Bjugstad
Something else

FLA
Luongo

He needs to shut his mouth. He's handcuffing this team. If a deal for Schneider comes up and it is just not refusable, he's putting extra pressure on himself.

There's an unwritten rule in sports where you don't talk about possibilities like that. In a sense, Luongo can be said to be tampering.

Edited by Sensemaker, 04 September 2012 - 05:05 PM.

#1499 Owen Nolan

Owen Nolan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,128 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:26 PM

Posted Image

#1500 TmanVan

TmanVan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:18 PM

He needs to shut his mouth. He's handcuffing this team. If a deal for Schneider comes up and it is just not refusable, he's putting extra pressure on himself.

There's an unwritten rule in sports where you don't talk about possibilities like that. In a sense, Luongo can be said to be tampering.

Well...... He's practicing in Florida with Panthers players, a couple months ago he "supposedly" had that dinner with Panthers management, and there have been many hockey insiders that have said Luongo being moved is a done deal and just waiting on the results of the cba talks. So maybe he knows something we don't and hes not screwing the Canucks over at all.

Or maybe its all speculative crap and nobody knows anything and he really is screwing us :frantic: :bigblush:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.