The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

Its called improvement... By your standards the Twins should still being considered 30pts players, or Kesler nothing more than a 3rd line center, or Burrows an undrafted player who wont make it.

Players get better.... And sometimes it is overnight and flicks like a light switch. Other guys take years to develop and find their way and some guys never live up to the hype.

Its called improvement... By your standards the Twins should still being considered 30pts players, or Kesler nothing more than a 3rd line center, or Burrows an undrafted player who wont make it.

Players get better.... And sometimes it is overnight and flicks like a light switch. Other guys take years to develop and find their way and some guys never live up to the hype.

No. Really? I... did not know that.

Point being that the pro-Schneider/ anti-Luongo fans are taking a one year basis reference which entirely defeats the purpose of analysis, especially when there is a rather heavy amount of data that proves Luongo is the real deal while Schneider's body of data is too small to claim he's the real deal. He's great, yes. Is he the real deal? No one knows.

.....You can;t win with a guy like that...hes only here to stir the pot and piss people off...he will turn anything you say, or quote from NHL stats to serve his own purpose. If he knew something about goaltending it might have creedence...but he doesn;t...probably a soccer player !

Then...pray tell.. why.are the Canucks shopping Lou and keeping Schneider? They could have got a lot for Schneider but hes not for sale. Question all of us all you want but management does not appear to share your sentiments. Your the only guy on your parade route fella !!

I don't think so. One great year by Schneider under no pressure and one bad year post-SCF from Luongo does not make it that Luongo is traded for sure. Schneider is not there yet and Luongo has been there for a long time. This Schneider fanfare is great for fans and the Luongo saga is even better.

What pisses me off is the utter disrespect pro-Schneider fans are showing Luongo when in FACT (for Vanity smurf), he is one of three goaltenders to bring the Canucks to the big danse: R. Brodeur, McLean and Luongo.

well said, I can only hope that if Luongo IS traded two things happen:

1. Schneider can also return us to the finals, and hopefully win us a cup.

2. Lu finally gets a cup, even if it is with another team. He deserves it.

Point being that the pro-Schneider/ anti-Luongo fans are taking a one year basis reference which entirely defeats the purpose of analysis, especially when there is a rather heavy amount of data that proves Luongo is the real deal while Schneider's body of data is too small to claim he's the real deal. He's great, yes. Is he the real deal? No one knows.

I don't think so. One great year by Schneider under no pressure and one bad year post-SCF from Luongo does not make it that Luongo is traded for sure. Schneider is not there yet and Luongo has been there for a long time. This Schneider fanfare is great for fans and the Luongo saga is even better.

What pisses me off is the utter disrespect pro-Schneider fans are showing Luongo when in FACT (for Vanity smurf), he is one of three goaltenders to bring the Canucks to the big danse: R. Brodeur, McLean and Luongo.

I don't know if it's really worth arguing about to be honest.

In all reality Luongo is a more proven goalie with more of a sample size, no one doubts that he is a great NHL goaltender and much better option than most goalies in the league. Money aside I'm most GM's would take Luongo over their starter with exception to a handful of teams.

The canucks could deal either one, if they dealt Schneider they would likely get a better return (more reasonable contract, younger, more potential).

Luongo is Luongo, everyone knows what your going to get, some years one of the top 3 goalies in the league, other years maybe 5-10 range for goalies. Either way he's not going to bring much more than he already has to the table for us. For other teams he would be a big improvement and make a difference.

The argument that Schneider hasnt played enough games is not a good one. Schneider has been a top notch goalie at every level he has ever played. He's always had a very high save percentage and good GAA. He is a great goaltender. Who honestly thinks that with more games under his belt he could become worse? If anything he will become better. He may not keep up the numbers he has posted this season but no one expects him to. If he puts up 2.10-2.25 GAA and a .92 - .925 we have as good of a chance with Luongo. I think the difference is what Schneids does in big games with lots on the line where Lou can be unpredictable Schneider has proven he can play calm and collected and not let in 5-7 goals.

I don't know if it's really worth arguing about to be honest.

In all reality Luongo is a more proven goalie with more of a sample size, no one doubts that he is a great NHL goaltender and much better option than most goalies in the league. Money aside I'm most GM's would take Luongo over their starter with exception to a handful of teams.

The canucks could deal either one, if they dealt Schneider they would likely get a better return (more reasonable contract, younger, more potential).

Luongo is Luongo, everyone knows what your going to get, some years one of the top 3 goalies in the league, other years maybe 5-10 range for goalies. Either way he's not going to bring much more than he already has to the table for us. For other teams he would be a big improvement and make a difference.

The argument that Schneider hasnt played enough games is not a good one. Schneider has been a top notch goalie at every level he has ever played. He's always had a very high save percentage and good GAA. He is a great goaltender. Who honestly thinks that with more games under his belt he could become worse? If anything he will become better. He may not keep up the numbers he has posted this season but no one expects him to. If he puts up 2.10-2.25 GAA and a .92 - .925 we have as good of a chance with Luongo. I think the difference is what Schneids does in big games with lots on the line where Lou can be unpredictable Schneider has proven he can play calm and collected and not let in 5-7 goals.

Tbh man, I love Schnieder alot but i cant see him winning a cup with us. Im totally a Cory Schnieder fan but i dont think he's better than Luongo. And about playoff meltdowns. It was'nt Luongo who did bad, it was the team who did bad. Hockey's A team sport.

Archived