Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2402 replies to this topic

#1561 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:36 PM

I doubt it. The Canucks are more desperate to move him than he is to leave, I would think. He's getting what he wants. There was supposedly a trade to Toronto earlier in the summer, which Lou vetoed.

In addition, don't forget that even if there WASN'T an NTC, there are really only a very small amount of teams that would have interest in Luongo to begin with. Not a lot of openings for starting goaltenders out there, especially for 33 year-olds with 9 years remaining on their deal.

Luongo still controls where he goes. So in effect, in implementing this strategy, you're hoping that at least 1 of those 3 teams gets off to a terrible two-month start, where it's shown plainly that they need goaltending, and THEN you need Luongo to sign off on the deal. Sounds like a pretty long-odd parlay bet, to me.

HE'S ALREADY DICTATING WHERE HE WANTS TO GO!

Botchford said that there was a trade sending Lou to TO for Schenn, which Lou vetoed. My opinion is that he wants to either go to Florida, or Chicago. Nothing else. Florida for family reasons, Chicago for hockey reasons. And there's really no reason for Luongo to ease up on his stance. He's got the hammer.

Any potential trade would have to go through his agent first, right? According to his agent just yesterday, there has been zero contact with Gillis over the summer.

Either Schenn was never offered, or, if he was, Gillis didn't think it was enough to even ask Lu.

#1562 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:42 PM

It might not be one of those 3 teams, it could be anyone. Some teams ought to suck, right?

Really, so you think that if a team gets off to a slow start, they'll just totally abandon whatever goaltending plans are currently in effect for a 33 year-old with 9 seasons remaining on his deal?

#1563 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:42 PM

This whole Luo thing reminds me of the whole Bieksa thing a few years ago when everyone was positive he was going to be traded. I'm now putting my money on Luo being a Canuck for at least 2 more years.

And to everyone who say Luo is being an [insert hate here] - these quotes of his from the media aren't statements released to the press via an agent or someone in PR, they're answers to questions asked by reporters like "If the Nucks asked, would you waive your NTC?" or "where would you like to be traded too?". Only you don't get to see the questions, just the sound bite responses taken out of context and blown up by hyperactive fans and a media with nothing better to do then feed the masses.

And that first question, that started this whole fiasco, Luo's answer wasn't "I demand a trade out this hell hole now!", it was... well, I can't find the exact quote, but I thought more to the point of being "I'd be willing to waive my NTC if it is whats best for the team"

Wow, you are dangerously out to lunch.

#1564 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:46 PM

Any potential trade would have to go through his agent first, right? According to his agent just yesterday, there has been zero contact with Gillis over the summer.

Either Schenn was never offered, or, if he was, Gillis didn't think it was enough to even ask Lu.

Oh, my bad. His AGENT said that there's been zero contact.

Because if there's anyone that we can be sure will act with 100% transparency and honesty at all times, it's Roberto Luongo's AGENT.

#1565 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:58 PM

Are you saying his agent has a history of lying outright to the media? I hadn't heard that.

Also, this entire 50 page discussion is running entirely on rumours and reports and media quotes. We can't just start cherry picking which ones are honest and which ones are lies.

#1566 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

Are you saying his agent has a history of lying outright to the media? I hadn't heard that.

Also, this entire 50 page discussion is running entirely on rumours and reports and media quotes. We can't just start cherry picking which ones are honest and which ones are lies.

Don't be one of the Canuck fans that live on Canuckpiter, which is some planet many galaxies away from Earth, and upon which everything is always rosy regarding the Vancouver Canucks, everything is always positive, everybody wants to play for the Canucks, there could never be any dissension within the ranks, etc.

If you honestly think that Mike Gillis and Luongo's agent haven't spoken all summer, sir, you should be running for office on Canuckpiter.

#1567 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

The team does / did need a shake up, for exactly these reasons

Danny's injury being nailed by Kieth seemed to rally the team; problem was we were shooting with pop guns with Danny & Kes injured and missing bigger bodies like Torres (and Erhoff to move the puck out of our end before L.A. came hammering) come play off time.

Lou, with his needing his tires pumped attitude will be a great start! And hopefully we get some gunpowder back in return!

It was like 1 day after the season Lu came out and said it was time to move on. It took Cory to take over for 3 whole games and Lu wanted out. I think the team Lu has not has his heart in Van this past season and his and the teams performance reflected that.

#1568 Dral

Dral

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:34 PM

Wow, you are dangerously out to lunch.

Whats your point? Isn't this a support group for people who don't live in reality?

Am I in the wrong place?

#1569 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:34 PM

If you read it properly you would see that I meant "Luongo would carry Florida or Toronto further than Schneider would if he was on those teams"

again I ask...you know that how?

#1570 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:36 PM

How exactly is he a "quitter"?

The Vancouver Canucks chose Cory Schneider over him. Luongo was taken out after game 2, never to play again. Vancouver made it totally obvious that he had lost his starting job to younger, cheaper Cory Schneider. This has nothing to do with Roberto Luongo "quitting".

This ALL could've been avoided had Mike Gillis just got his act together and traded Schneider at some point between when Luongo signed the extension and the trade deadline of 2012. Unfortunately, for us, to no avail. And now, we're here.

Blame GILLIS, not Luongo.

Gillis is keeping the better goalie...and NOT because he is cheaper. Time for you to buy into the reality.

#1571 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

Dream on bud, if Schneider wins the cup it will be because of the team infront of him, Luongo will take the Panthers or Leafs further than Schneider would with either of those teams. Luongo's the best goaltender in franchise history, and as sad as it will be to see him go, I'm happy he gets to leave a city that treated him like trash, im happy he's moving on. Right now for the first time in my life, Im a bigger supporter of a player (Luongo) than my own team. I've been a fan since 1999, when he was drafted, and dreamt of the day he would wear Canucks colors, and it happened, I dropped to the ground at work and almost started crying I was so happy. Eddie Lack will be the new fan favorite after Schneider faulters, I guarantee it, the fans will do the same thing to Cory that they did to Roberto. Face it, the majority of season ticket holders in this city are not knowledgable enough about the game. You go down to a game you see these morons on their phones talking business instead of watching the game, then when Luongo lets in a goal he's "crap". I will support Luongo wherever he goes, and will most likely buy another jersey of his, I already have it in our home blue. Im not wishing Schneider to faulter, but I will be hard on him just like people were on Luongo, very hard, as in if we lose a game Im gonna blame him cause people blamed Luongo the same way, then we'll see how people feel.

May I suggest using some spacing, bud? That two ton granite block of text is a bit much, eh?

I believe that you are really underestimating Cory Schneider, even your man Roberto said that Schneider will be a Vezina contender.

Luongo has been excellent for the Canucks throughout his tenure here. He has kept us in contention year after year, but he has also sh!t the bed on a few occasions which prevented the Canucks from finishing off teams.

Chicago and Boston in 2010-2011 Playoffs. Yes our defence was weakened and our offence anemic but getting blown out in the numerous games was a sign of nerves.

A portion of the fanbase and the Vancouver sports media (especially horrid and the root cause of the Luongo backlash) are the culprits in Luongo's want to leave, no doubt.

However the team played differently in front of Luongo. They played a more wide open, less defensive game. Was it because they knew Roberto had it covered? Or did he throw too many players under the bus, and it caught up with him?

Cory Schneider plays a more disciplined, calmer game. He maintains his form and has the support of his team and it shows how they play in front of him.

My beef with Luongo is how unprofessionally he is handling this whole situation. He should just shut up and let it take it's course.

Oh and thanks for the whole "team in front of him" information there. That's kinda how all teams have won the Stanley Cup.

But thanks all the same, Tips

Edited by Canuck-a-nuck, 05 September 2012 - 04:46 PM.

Posted Image

#1572 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

Gillis is keeping the better goalie...and NOT because he is cheaper. Time for you to buy into the reality.

That's not the point.

The point is that someone made a self-righteous post about how Roberto Luongo "quit" on the Vancouver Canucks. My retort was that the Canucks quit on HIM, and not the other way around.

#1573 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:47 PM

My beef with Luongo is how unprofessionally he is handling this whole situation. He should just shut up and let it take it's course.

How is he acting unprofessionally? We were eliminated in April. Mike Gillis has had ample time to solve this situation for EVERYONE'S benefit.

Jordan Staal said "no thanks" to a contract extension in Pittsburgh, and was sent to Carolina, WHERE HE WANTED TO GO, the very next day. Mike Gillis could learn something from Ray Shero, methinks. You can either deal with something, and move on, or you can brood over it for days, weeks, months, and let it grow into a monster distraction. I'll take the former.

#1574 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:57 PM

How is he acting unprofessionally? We were eliminated in April. Mike Gillis has had ample time to solve this situation for EVERYONE'S benefit.

Jordan Staal said "no thanks" to a contract extension in Pittsburgh, and was sent to Carolina, WHERE HE WANTED TO GO, the very next day. Mike Gillis could learn something from Ray Shero, methinks. You can either deal with something, and move on, or you can brood over it for days, weeks, months, and let it grow into a monster distraction. I'll take the former.

You think that stating his personal preference ahead of the trade doesn't spoil the trade value? Really?

I am sure Gillis has a really great idea of where Roberto would like to play and has since the end of the season. Why does Luongo have to share this information with the media? That just gives Dale Tallon ammunition to offer less.

In effect, Luongo's big mouth is affecting the nature of the trade, nothing more.

Gillis wants the best for his team in this trade, although due to the CBA possibly changing, it may just be one for one.

Luongo gets paid the same amount no matter where he plays, so why he has to broadcast his preferences so Gillis has no bargaining postion is beyond me.

He's pissed at Vancouver? Well then he shouldn't have let four goals in against Boston in Game 7.

Edited by Canuck-a-nuck, 05 September 2012 - 04:58 PM.

Posted Image

#1575 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:01 PM

That's not the point.

The point is that someone made a self-righteous post about how Roberto Luongo "quit" on the Vancouver Canucks. My retort was that the Canucks quit on HIM, and not the other way around.

The team quit on him? Probably. He threw a lot of them under the bus.

Management? Not a chance.
  • They made him captain
  • Gave him a set for life contract
  • Gave him an excellent team to back stop
  • Gave him the best backup in the league
Yeah that's really quitting on him. :sadno:
Posted Image

#1576 sampy

sampy

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:03 PM

You can't compare a 23 year old centre with tons of potential and 1 year left on his contract to a 33 year old goalie with a brutal contract. It's not even close to the same trade situation.
I am glad MG is holding out for a good offer, there will be a couple teams needing a goalie when the season starts.

#1577 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:06 PM

If you honestly think that Mike Gillis and Luongo's agent haven't spoken all summer, sir, you should be running for office on Canuckpiter.

That's hilarious. What do you think they would talk about, the weather? Their feelings?

What I believe is these guys spoke once, very early in the off-season or possibly before the playoffs were over, to establish which teams Lu would consider a trade to. After that Gillis would not contact him unless he had a concrete offer he was interested in. ie. there have been no serious offers for Lu.

ps. You dodged my question - is there a history of Roberto Luongo's agent lying to the media as you implied?

#1578 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#1579 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:14 PM

Dream on bud, if Schneider wins the cup it will be because of the team infront of him, Luongo will take the Panthers or Leafs further than Schneider would with either of those teams. Luongo's the best goaltender in franchise history, and as sad as it will be to see him go, I'm happy he gets to leave a city that treated him like trash, im happy he's moving on. Right now for the first time in my life, Im a bigger supporter of a player (Luongo) than my own team. I've been a fan since 1999, when he was drafted, and dreamt of the day he would wear Canucks colors, and it happened, I dropped to the ground at work and almost started crying I was so happy. Eddie Lack will be the new fan favorite after Schneider faulters, I guarantee it, the fans will do the same thing to Cory that they did to Roberto. Face it, the majority of season ticket holders in this city are not knowledgable enough about the game. You go down to a game you see these morons on their phones talking business instead of watching the game, then when Luongo lets in a goal he's "crap". I will support Luongo wherever he goes, and will most likely buy another jersey of his, I already have it in our home blue. Im not wishing Schneider to faulter, but I will be hard on him just like people were on Luongo, very hard, as in if we lose a game Im gonna blame him cause people blamed Luongo the same way, then we'll see how people feel.

This is so off base.
It is funny though that you support Luongo with everything youv'e got because guess what? Luongo couldn't care less about you or any fan of his or the Canucks. He said so himself, he plays for his family, friends, and team, end of story.
You are also so certain that Schneider will faulter and Eddie Lack will be the new golden boy. As if the whole fanbase turned on Luongo after a bad game or two, WRONG. Some of us turned on him after the 3 years of inconsistent to terrible playoff performances, and even after that he still has die-hard fans like yourself.
You intend to rake Cory over the coals if he loses a game? You will be treating him far more harshly than anyone ever treated Luongo. At least Luongo got 3 lousy series against Chicago and losing the Stanley Cup on home ice before fans and management decided that Cory was the better option in net.
Anyway, enjoy cheering for Luongo in his Panthers jersey. I'm sure he'll have just as much success there this time as he did the first time around.

#1580 TmanVan

TmanVan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:05 PM

As if the whole fanbase turned on Luongo after a bad game or two, WRONG. Some of us turned on him after the 3 years of inconsistent to terrible playoff performances, and even after that he still has die-hard fans like yourself.
You intend to rake Cory over the coals if he loses a game? You will be treating him far more harshly than anyone ever treated Luongo. At least Luongo got 3 lousy series against Chicago and losing the Stanley Cup on home ice before fans and management decided that Cory was the better option in net.

I started to lose faith in Luongo once his flopping style started. Playoffs or not, you can't have a goalie that makes you nervous as hell everytime the oppostion is in your end because your afraid your goalie is going to be face down on the ice for some reason. I think everyone (the fanbase, management, and AV included) started to feel less panicked with Schneider in net than Lou. Thats not a good sign when your more confident with your back up in net than your starter, and the team seemed to share in that confidence when Schneider was in too. The playoffs were just the icing on the cake.

edit- Lets hope the panthers don't have staff lurking around this board. :ph34r:

Edited by TmanVan, 05 September 2012 - 06:08 PM.

#1581 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:42 PM

You think that stating his personal preference ahead of the trade doesn't spoil the trade value? Really?

HE CONTROLS WHERE HE ENDS UP.

Do you understand what that means? This is no different than Dany Heatley in 2008. If Luongo wants to go to Florida, he's going to Florida. It's that simple. His value is unaffected by any of these remarks. Florida and the rest of the NHL is already well-aware of the position that Mike Gillis is in, which is one of zero bargaining strength, and that'll be reflected in their offers.

#1582 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:49 PM

Management? Not a chance.

• They made him captain
  • Gave him a set for life contract
  • Gave him an excellent team to back stop
  • Gave him the best backup in the league
Yeah that's really quitting on him. :sadno:

Luongo signed a 12-year deal, was supposed to erase any goaltending concerns of ours for the next decade or so, and then he'd retire. Fine. I didn't like the contract when it happened, mostly because of the term. But there were worse things than not having to worry about your goaltender for that long.

After this event occurred, Cory Schneider should have been moved ASAP. Mike Gillis had 3 years to do this, and it didn't happen. Schneider hung around for too long, got too good, and Gillis' inaction has led us to where we are now. Gillis got greedy. He saw these two elite goaltenders, and wanted to hang on to both of them without disruption. Whoops.

The team made it very clear that Luongo had lost his spot to Schneider, by virtue of Schneider being given the reigns in Game 3 vs. LA and beyond. I'm sure that they had also made it very clear to Luongo in private that they expect Schneider to be the starter on a full-time basis come the 2012-13 season.

So, I ask you again: who quit on who?

#1583 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:51 PM

I am glad MG is holding out for a good offer, there will be a couple teams needing a goalie when the season starts.

Great idea!

Oh wait - Luongo needs to sign off on the deal. Crap. There's always a catch.

#1584 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:52 PM

ps. You dodged my question - is there a history of Roberto Luongo's agent lying to the media as you implied?

How is that relevant? Did OJ Simpson have a history of lopping people's heads off before he did it to his ex-wife and her boyfriend?

#1585 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

Do you understand what that means? This is no different than Dany Heatley in 2008. If Luongo wants to go to Florida, he's going to Florida. It's that simple. His value is unaffected by any of these remarks. Florida and the rest of the NHL is already well-aware of the position that Mike Gillis is in, which is one of zero bargaining strength, and that'll be reflected in their offers.

As much as you think Luongo controls where he ends up as per NT contract, the pressure on Lou to be a starter, to some degree nulifies his veto. MG can keep him on the bench and play Schneider. A fact I think we can all agree on would not suit Lou. So, as much as Florida is his preference, Lou may be pressured to go elsewhere in order to play.Its not all cut and dried as most people think.Lou's ego will come in to play and I don;t see the market as that strong for him. The fact that the Canucks will deal Lou is as much a loss of faith in him as it is a show of confidence in Schneider, and I think that restricts the return on Lou.

#1586 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,204 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

he has said several times his preferred choice is florida but is open to other teams so no its nothing like dany heatley who demanded to be traded our situation is both sides realizing how good Schneider is and seeing that luongo must be traded

#1587 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:19 PM

As much as you think Luongo controls where he ends up as per NT contract, the pressure on Lou to be a starter, to some degree nulifies his veto. MG can keep him on the bench and play Schneider. A fact I think we can all agree on would not suit Lou.

OK, but can't you see that that DOESN'T benefit the Canucks?

You think the Canucks, a supposed contender, are well-served by having $5.2M of their cap allocated to a backup goalie who might see 20 games, if he's lucky?

Under any scenario, keeping him around and hoping that some amazing offer comes by from some team that Lou will agree to go to is just not the smart thing to do. You cannot bring that guy back, period. It's over.

#1588 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:01 PM

Luongo signed a 12-year deal, was supposed to erase any goaltending concerns of ours for the next decade or so, and then he'd retire. Fine. I didn't like the contract when it happened, mostly because of the term. But there were worse things than not having to worry about your goaltender for that long.

After this event occurred, Cory Schneider should have been moved ASAP. Mike Gillis had 3 years to do this, and it didn't happen. Schneider hung around for too long, got too good, and Gillis' inaction has led us to where we are now. Gillis got greedy. He saw these two elite goaltenders, and wanted to hang on to both of them without disruption. Whoops.

The team made it very clear that Luongo had lost his spot to Schneider, by virtue of Schneider being given the reigns in Game 3 vs. LA and beyond. I'm sure that they had also made it very clear to Luongo in private that they expect Schneider to be the starter on a full-time basis come the 2012-13 season.

So, I ask you again: who quit on who?

Management would not have "quit" on Luongo if he hadn't been outplayed by Schneider. Keep the younger, cheaper, stronger player.
Gillis' mistake was not keeping Schneider, it was giving Luongo that idiotic contract after he backed the team into a corner with his comments on HNIC. The comments Luongo made referring to wanting to play where ever he has the best chance to win, basically showing no commitment to the Canucks.

#1589 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:06 PM

Management would not have "quit" on Luongo if he hadn't been outplayed by Schneider. Keep the younger, cheaper, stronger player.
Gillis' mistake was not keeping Schneider, it was giving Luongo that idiotic contract after he backed the team into a corner with his comments on HNIC. The comments Luongo made referring to wanting to play where ever he has the best chance to win, basically showing no commitment to the Canucks.

Here's what it comes down to: would you rather have Luongo + whatever Schneider would've gotten us in a trade, or would you rather have Schneider + whatever Luongo's going to get us in a trade? Clearly the former, IMO, since if Schneider is presently a better goalie than Luongo (a big "if", don't kid yourself), the variance is miniscule, whereas the variance in the consideration received for trading Schneider after his rookie season in 2011, for example, versus whatever pile of poop we're going to be getting for Luongo over the next few weeks, is massive.

#1590 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:26 PM

Here's what it comes down to: would you rather have Luongo + whatever Schneider would've gotten us in a trade, or would you rather have Schneider + whatever Luongo's going to get us in a trade? Clearly the former, IMO, since if Schneider is presently a better goalie than Luongo (a big "if", don't kid yourself), the variance is miniscule, whereas the variance in the consideration received for trading Schneider after his rookie season in 2011, for example, versus whatever pile of poop we're going to be getting for Luongo over the next few weeks, is massive.

I'd take 3 pucks and 2 wooden hockey sticks for Luongo at this point. The guy cant be counted on in the playoffs and that is what he has proven.
Even his regular seasons haven't been that spectacular if you look at the stats. The second half of the 06/07 season he was God-like and the 10/11 season he was brilliant as well, aside from that he's been good but nothing to go crazy over.
The goaltender is the most important player on the team. If he cant be counted on to at least be consistent, especially in the postseason, it wont matter what kind of team we put in front of him, he'll still get beaten like a rented muel every single year.
Cory is entering his prime, has great fundamentals and physical ability, and has no injury history or mental hang-ups. He is the no-brainer pick to be the Canucks #1, no matter what the return mightv'e been for him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.