Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2402 replies to this topic

#2281 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:25 PM

Whatever. It was Junior B, yes. Delta Ice Hawks. It was 2 or 3 different games as an emergency call-up. And I'm 29 years old now, so it was a long time ago. Age 15 sounds about right, if not a little on the young side.

Anyway, this is all irrelevant - someone brought up the notion that "I've obviously never played hockey before", which is funny, because he admittedly never has. I played hockey from Tyke - Midget, and always at the highest MINOR level that was possible. I never said that I was NHL material or anything of the sort, just that I played a lot, a lot of hockey.

but you have an answer for everything don;t you?

#2282 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:29 PM

Looking at your little explanation I could completely rip into you right now, but I won't. Because it is irrelevant.

if you are going to stick your chest out like an Alberta rig pig in a best buy to get your point across then be sure you google or research your claims.
Your credibility is on the line, when you lose that you become an annoying fly landing on faces.
Everyone wants to hit you, even if it means hitting there own face.

Anyway, it looks like I will die before this thread.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#2283 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:07 PM

if you are going to stick your chest out like an Alberta rig pig in a best buy to get your point across then be sure you google or research your claims.
Your credibility is on the line, when you lose that you become an annoying fly landing on faces.
Everyone wants to hit you, even if it means hitting there own face.

That phrase made me LOL pretty hard, actually.

But I wasn't sticking my chest out at all. Just making the point that I HAVE played hockey, all my life, actually. Really couldn't care less if you all believe me or think that I'm full of it.

#2284 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

But I wasn't sticking my chest out at all. Just making the point that I HAVE played hockey, all my life, actually. Really couldn't care less if you all believe me or think that I'm full of it.

I guess even negative attention is still attention in a sad sort of way ! Maybe if enough people tell you that you are all wet, you might just reach for a towel !!

#2285 drummerboy

drummerboy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:09 PM

Hahah. I just checked this thread for the first time in about a week. You guys NEED to take a break. So much aggression. Haha. People are fighting about some randoms opinion on 'handedness' and having a long dong comp on who has played more hockey. Go hug your wife, do your homework. Shyt
Everyone knows Lou is getting traded to TO for Komy.
Go enjoys the last nice days nerds.

#2286 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,913 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

Hahah. I just checked this thread for the first time in about a week. You guys NEED to take a break. So much aggression. Haha. People are fighting about some randoms opinion on 'handedness' and having a long dong comp on who has played more hockey.

No doubt eh? The last 10 or so pages have been just oldnews and King Of The ES bickering like children arguing with their parents after being grounded.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#2287 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

No doubt eh? The last 10 or so pages have been just oldnews and King Of The ES bickering like children arguing with their parents after being grounded.

Yup..ES is like poison ivy....gets under yur skin, and ya just gotta scratch it !! LOL

#2288 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,913 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:37 PM

Yup..ES is like poison ivy....gets under yur skin, and ya just gotta scratch it !! LOL

So true hahaha.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#2289 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,940 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:52 PM

I don't know when "handedness" became a factor in the analysis of players, but I think it's just the latest thing that the insiders use to analyze largely for the sake of analysis. I don't see how it matters...

As a matter of fact, handedness actually does matter. A lot.

Hahah. I just checked this thread for the first time in about a week. You guys NEED to take a break. So much aggression. Haha. People are fighting about some randoms opinion on 'handedness' and having a long dong comp on who has played more hockey.

Looks to me like everyone's been arguing with King, Mullet. Insert acronym here. Apologies if you didn't get a chance to post one of your proposals edgewise...

Edited by oldnews, 26 September 2012 - 05:58 PM.

#2290 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,746 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

B.S. to that. oldnews writes long, well-thought out rebuttals to KofES's arguments. Hell, even the latter's posts, which are admittedly over-agressive, are made up of coherent sentences and even manage to use proper spelling and grammar. In my opinion, it's you and smurf's one-liners that add nothing to the discussion. It's very obvious who the children are in here.

#2291 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,177 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:57 PM

Doesn't matter how much you played, you don't know half as much about goalies as smurf does. He's the goalie champion, you cant win.

#2292 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:07 PM

Sorry to get back on topic, but where is Lu practicing right now? Is he at UBC with the rest of his teammates?

#2293 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:18 PM

Anyone think that the sharks may be a mystery destination?

They are in that desperate to make a splash or people get fired mode.

They do have Clowe up for UFA and he is a player GMMG would love to add.

I imagine other pieces would be involved and one can only speculate.

We all know Neimi is overrated, they need that lights out Goalie like they had with Nabokov, they dam near missed the playoffs with Neimi in the Pipes.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#2294 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,940 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

We all know Neimi is overrated, they need that lights out Goalie like they had with Nabokov, they dam near missed the playoffs with Neimi in the Pipes.

I think it would be interesting to see Luo in SJ - particularly given the Canucks tendency to knock them out of the playoffs. That would make for a dramatic playoff matchup.
I like Clowe, but he is another left wing - so there'd still have to be another move or two as a result or the deal would have to get more complicated to include a left wing going their way and another piece coming to Vancouver.
Imo, they'd need to part with one of their centers (and not the big dopey one) -and they can afford to..
Thornton, Pavelski, Couture, Handzus, Mitchell - all up the middle (and three of their top four scorers) -and their top prospect is another center, Tomas Hertl.
Send us one of those top three centers (other than no-show) - preferably a package including Couture, and then send Niemi to Toronto haha.

Edited by oldnews, 27 September 2012 - 07:44 PM.

#2295 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:31 PM

B.S. to that. oldnews writes long, well-thought out rebuttals to KofES's arguments. Hell, even the latter's posts, which are admittedly over-agressive, are made up of coherent sentences and even manage to use proper spelling and grammar. In my opinion, it's you and smurf's one-liners that add nothing to the discussion. It's very obvious who the children are in here.

Practise what you preach !!!

#2296 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,311 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:10 AM

Off topic, but who here thinks Cory Schneider should sign in another leauge? HE for sure needs the playing time.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#2297 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:24 AM

I think San Jose's pretty quickly getting into Calgary Flames territory. Yes, they made it to the WCF in 2010 & 2011, but they were swept by the Hawks, and then lost to us in 5. Fast forward to 2012, and they lost to the Blues in 5. Think of all the teams who finished better than SJ this year, and note that practically all of them are younger (us included).

So basically, I think they're primed for a big downturn. And they still have Niemi signed for 3 more years, an $3.8M, so they'd have to do something with him, which I'm not sure would be that easy (again, there just aren't that many teams that need a goalie).

#2298 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,750 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:32 AM

Right. I played "AAA" and even a few games as a call-up in the BCJHL. I played plenty of hockey. Handedness is largely irrelevant. I don't want to get too off-topic here, but HANDEDNESS is different than SIDE. If you all thought that I meant the SIDE (left D, right D, for example) is irrelevant, I didn't. I meant whether a person shoots left or right. Not that important.

Whatever. It was Junior B, yes. Delta Ice Hawks. It was 2 or 3 different games as an emergency call-up. And I'm 29 years old now, so it was a long time ago. Age 15 sounds about right, if not a little on the young side.

Anyway, this is all irrelevant - someone brought up the notion that "I've obviously never played hockey before", which is funny, because he admittedly never has. I played hockey from Tyke - Midget, and always at the highest MINOR level that was possible. I never said that I was NHL material or anything of the sort, just that I played a lot, a lot of hockey.

You are so stubborn it's ridiculous. You are the only person including NHL coaches that thinks handedness doesn't matter. I guess an emergency call up to AAA makes you right.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#2299 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:04 AM

I think it would be interesting to see Luo in SJ - particularly given the Canucks tendency to knock them out of the playoffs. That would make for a dramatic playoff matchup.
I like Clowe, but he is another left wing - so there'd still have to be another move or two as a result or the deal would have to get more complicated to include a left wing going their way and another piece coming to Vancouver.
Imo, they'd need to part with one of their centers (and not the big dopey one) -and they can afford to..
Thornton, Pavelski, Couture, Handzus, Mitchell - all up the middle (and three of their top four scorers) -and their top prospect is another center, Tomas Hertl.
Send us one of those top three centers (other than no-show) - preferably a package including Couture, and then send Niemi to Toronto haha.

Imagine that! Roberto Luongo and Joe Thornton on the same team. The Sharks would surely win another Presidents Trophy....

#2300 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:18 AM

Imagine that! Roberto Luongo and Joe Thornton on the same team. The Sharks would surely win another Presidents Trophy....

Thats a bit of a stretch. Unless Lou fixes whats broken.hes not going to help Sharks much . He'd be playing most of the teams that have the the book on him and know his weaknesses , which , at this point are increasing !

#2301 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,750 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:01 AM

Thats a bit of a stretch. Unless Lou fixes whats broken.hes not going to help Sharks much . He'd be playing most of the teams that have the the book on him and know his weaknesses , which , at this point are increasing !

You missed the sarcasm.

Posted Image

#2302 Mr.Mulletandbars

Mr.Mulletandbars

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:46 AM

I think it would be interesting to see Luo in SJ  - particularly given the Canucks tendency to knock them out of the playoffs.  That would make for a dramatic playoff matchup.

Wow you sir need a reality check. Couture is not going anywhere and No show??? Really, you wouldnt want a guy who would be the perfect fit to play 2nd line center and put kesler to the wing? San Jose wouldnt trade Joe to Vancouver for LU anyways and Joe I know would not accept a trade to Vancouver.

#2303 Progressive Hockey

Progressive Hockey

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:32 PM

Did someone ask for a goalie expert?

#2304 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,017 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:21 PM

Did someone ask for a goalie expert?

Nope.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#2305 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,750 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:27 PM

Yeah, we don't like people with actual knowledge about goaltending here. Stick to speculation, fabrication, abrasive replies, and opinion delivered as fact.

Posted Image

#2306 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:12 PM

Wow you sir need a reality check. Couture is not going anywhere and No show??? Really, you wouldnt want a guy who would be the perfect fit to play 2nd line center and put kesler to the wing? San Jose wouldnt trade Joe to Vancouver for LU anyways and Joe I know would not accept a trade to Vancouver.

That's because Joe Thornton is an A$$clown. His antics with Henrik were just pathetic. Henrik acted like an adult while Thornton puts his finger in his face. The guy is a loser.

The Canucks do not need or want a half ass like No Show Joe. Honestly not many teams do. Look at how the Bruins took an upswing as soon as he was gone. San Jose is a team on the decline and would trade anyone to get things moving again. Luongo as a player is faar more valuable than Thornton. How far have the Sharks got in the playoffs on a consistent basis?

Word of advice Mr. Mullet, go back to the Sharks message board.
Posted Image

#2307 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:16 PM

Yeah, we don't like people with actual knowledge about goaltending here. Stick to speculation, fabrication, abrasive replies, and opinion delivered as fact.

Wrong! In my opinion, when Luongo gets traded to the Kings for Quick and a 1st, you will all thank me for telling you how Shea Weber would take a huge pay cut to come to Vancouver. Screw all of you. You heard it here first.
Posted Image

#2308 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,940 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

Thanks for the reality check Mullet.
I'm aware that Couture is probably the last player that SJ would want to let go of - but you never know - for the right package.... Aside from him, Clowe and Pavelski - not much of interest there. I like Marleau, but the hit is a bit high.
Anyway - no, I wouldn't want Thornton, his dopey, mopey lack of presence, nor his 7 million cap hit.

Edited by oldnews, 28 September 2012 - 05:18 PM.

#2309 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,940 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

Yep, and Joe woud be a shoe-in for the Art Ross not having to face Luo any longer...

#2310 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,750 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:17 PM

I had a really good day today, and I just want to tell you all. Even after all the crazy stuff we've been through together in this thread, I love you all.

Even you King... even you.

Sorry I get a little mushy after a couple beers.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.