Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2402 replies to this topic

#2311 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:06 AM

That's because Joe Thornton is an A$$clown. His antics with Henrik were just pathetic. Henrik acted like an adult while Thornton puts his finger in his face. The guy is a loser.

That was a pathetic thing to do to Henrik.

...but perhaps even more pathetic was Henrik's reaction to it. Not many "adults" that I know would act like that, in the face of being blatantly disrespected. Henrik acted like a COWARD! For Christ's sake, do something! You're really going to let a grown man disrespect you like that, so blatantly and publicly? He should've done it right back in Thornton's face. If a fight ensues, fight! Who cares? You're not going to get hurt. And it's Joe Thornton, not Ben Eager. Equal trade-off.

This'll probably get me flamed, I don't care. You can't let an opponent disrespect you like that. Sets a very bad precedent.

#2312 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,279 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:18 AM

...but perhaps even more pathetic was Henrik's reaction to it. Not many "adults" that I know would act like that, in the face of being blatantly disrespected. Henrik acted like a COWARD! For Christ's sake, do something! You're really going to let a grown man disrespect you like that, so blatantly and publicly? He should've done it right back in Thornton's face. If a fight ensues, fight! Who cares? You're not going to get hurt. And it's Joe Thornton, not Ben Eager. Equal trade-off.

This'll probably get me flamed, I don't care. You can't let an opponent disrespect you like that. Sets a very bad precedent.

Come on King - Widen just said he loves you - can't you even acknowledge him?

I don't have a problem with how Henrik handled that situation. It's not really his instinct to haul off and coldcock someone -although if he had, I wouldn't have a problem with that either. He is after all, the captain, and the epitome of sportsmanlike - not sure if it's a great idea for him to be engaging in fights if he's not an adept fighter.
Thornton made an A$$CLOWN of himself (perfect description Canuck-a-nuck) - I'm not sure that pathetic performance was worthy of a manly response anyway, to be honest. The way Henrik responded pretty much kept it in perspective - an attention-seeking juvenile that was acting out.

Luongo to Edmonton for Eberle - hahaha!!!

Edited by oldnews, 29 September 2012 - 10:24 AM.

#2313 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:33 AM

I don't have a problem with how Henrik handled that situation. It's not really his instinct to haul off and coldcock someone -although if he had, I wouldn't have a problem with that either. He is after all, the captain, and the epitome of sportsmanlike - not sure if it's a great idea for him to be engaging in fights if he's not an adept fighter.
Thornton made an A$$CLOWN of himself (perfect description Canuck-a-nuck) - I'm not sure that pathetic performance was worthy of a manly response anyway, to be honest. The way Henrik responded pretty much kept it in perspective - an attention-seeking juvenile that was acting out.

Henrik looked worse. "Sportsmanlike" is shaking hands after a series, it's not letting the opponent humiliate you at center ice. It was disgusting to see Hank just sit back and let Thornton bully him like that.

#2314 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,279 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:39 AM

Henrik looked worse. "Sportsmanlike" is shaking hands after a series, it's not letting the opponent humiliate you at center ice. It was disgusting to see Hank just sit back and let Thornton bully him like that.

It would be interesting to poll people and see if Henrik was "humiliated" or if Thornton humiliated himself - and I'd hardly call that "bullying" - it was more like an insignificant twit attempting to annoy someone. If Thornton were such a tough guy he could have done what a tough guy might do, which is challenge someone to a fight, not wave his sad little digit around.

#2315 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:05 AM

It would be interesting to poll people and see if Henrik was "humiliated" or if Thornton humiliated himself - and I'd hardly call that "bullying" - it was more like an insignificant twit attempting to annoy someone. If Thornton were such a tough guy he could have done what a tough guy might do, which is challenge someone to a fight, not wave his sad little digit around.

You'd need to poll fans of other teams. Pretty obvious what the answer would be amongst these forums of completely non-biased individuals.

#2316 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,279 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:09 PM

Anyway - Gillis - prohibited from having any discussions regarding players, or speaking with players that are not injured and still under contract. Kinda puts the lock on anticipation and speculation...

#2317 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:09 PM

change the name of this thread to "monotonous rants"

Posted Image

#2318 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:52 PM

change the name of this thread to "monotonous rants"

Lol.........

?......

What is the name if this thread?
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#2319 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:24 PM

Lol.........

?......

What is the name if this thread?

wat.
Posted Image

#2320 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:28 AM

*kicks thread, offers canteen of beer*

GILLIS AND BURKE STILL LIKE EACH OTHER

#2321 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:35 PM

well, a lot of people would have liked to see henrik lose it and play at thornton's level. they can go kiss a monkey's ass and lick off the left-overs

henrik kept it cool, and hoped for a penalty - he was focused on winning the game. I don't have a problem with that. as long as he said what he needed to thornton and didn't back down (which I doubt he would fail to do, seriously... HOOYA)

#2322 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,708 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

POPULAR

If you think having a finger pointed in front of your face and not having done anything equates to being a coward, then you have some serious insecurity issues regarding toughness. You don't have to fight every time another man puts a finger in front of your face. In fact, almost nobody fights or tries to get back at someone when someone puts a finger in their face and it would be odd to fight or try to get even for such a petty thing. Rather, most people frown, hit the hand away and give them the stare as to let them know they are being immature and need to grow up - all things, which Henrik did.

It's not "tough" to do everything that is done to you back to someone else. It's petty and stupid to do things like what Thornton did and you have issues if you think you need to retaliate to a stupid little finger being waved in front of you. Heck, you probably want to fight me or get back at me for arguing and disrespecting you on the internet. Learn to let petty things go, man. You don't have to come out on top in everything - sometimes it's better to take the high way.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#2323 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,029 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:23 PM

Well, which captain dominated that series? I think he handled himself just fine.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#2324 Masamune

Masamune

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:26 AM

If you think having a finger pointed in front of your face and not having done anything equates to being a coward, then you have some serious insecurity issues regarding toughness. You don't have to fight every time another man puts a finger in front of your face. In fact, almost nobody fights or tries to get back at someone when someone puts a finger in their face and it would be odd to fight or try to get even for such a petty thing. Rather, most people frown, hit the hand away and give them the stare as to let them know they are being immature and need to grow up - all things, which Henrik did.

It's not "tough" to do everything that is done to you back to someone else. It's petty and stupid to do things like what Thornton did and you have issues if you think you need to retaliate to a stupid little finger being waved in front of you. Heck, you probably want to fight me or get back at me for arguing and disrespecting you on the internet. Learn to let petty things go, man. You don't have to come out on top in everything - sometimes it's better to take the high way.

The bolded is exactly what I wanted to say with 100% better wording.

#2325 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,409 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:59 AM

You'd need to poll fans of other teams. Pretty obvious what the answer would be amongst these forums of completely non-biased individuals.

Do you honestly believe that you would get a "non-biased" opinion about any Canuck from a fan of say, Calgary, Edmonton, Minnesota or Colorado? How about Chicago or Boston?

"Most hated team in hockey".....remember?
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#2326 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:54 AM

Totally disagree. If you're out in public, yes, sure, you might hold back a bit. But this is a hockey game. They're on the ice. You can't allow someone to disrespect you like that. Henrik looked like the sad-sack puppy dog with his tail between his legs, submitting to the more dominant animal. I love Henrik, don't get me wrong, but you simply cannot let that happen, just like Daniel Sedin cannot allow Brad Marchand to speedbag him, out of the hope that they get a PP out of it. It is not worth it.

#2327 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:41 AM

Totally disagree. If you're out in public, yes, sure, you might hold back a bit. But this is a hockey game. They're on the ice. You can't allow someone to disrespect you like that. Henrik looked like the sad-sack puppy dog with his tail between his legs, submitting to the more dominant animal. I love Henrik, don't get me wrong, but you simply cannot let that happen, just like Daniel Sedin cannot allow Brad Marchand to speedbag him, out of the hope that they get a PP out of it. It is not worth it.

:rolleyes:

A real man would ignore such a petty display as that by Joe T. A real thug would have considered your course of action.

Henrik is much more valuable on the ice than in the penalty box.

It was a desperate attempt by Joe T...........and Henrik didn't bite.

Edited by Shift-4, 03 October 2012 - 08:41 AM.

Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#2328 Monty

Monty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,854 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:13 PM

I'm sorry, I really haven't kept up on this thread at all. But what does any of the last few pages have to do w/ Roberto Luongo?

Can you imagine drowning AT a KK Rev concert?

i'm pretty sure that's how zombies are born.

#2329 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,162 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:35 PM

Very little. There has been the odd post, but for rumours/news, you're better off in the other pinned thread.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#2330 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

I'm sorry, I really haven't kept up on this thread at all. But what does any of the last few pages have to do w/ Roberto Luongo?

Go find something new to talk about regarding Luongo, and then we'll talk Lu, but at the moment we've beat every horse available to a bloody pulp.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#2331 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:34 PM

This is a tuffguy hangout.

move along
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#2332 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,162 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:43 PM

Go find something new to talk about regarding Luongo, and then we'll talk Lu, but at the moment we've beat every horse available to a bloody pulp.

And yet people are still talking, despite having nothing new to talk about.

This is a tuffguy hangout.

move along

Pretty much.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#2333 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,471 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

:rolleyes:

A real man would ignore such a petty display as that by Joe T. A real thug would have considered your course of action.

Henrik is much more valuable on the ice than in the penalty box.

It was a desperate attempt by Joe T...........and Henrik didn't bite.

That's just the thing. In Kings mind the right course of action is to do exactly what Thornton was wanting; get Henrik off his game and have him react. Taking Henrik off the ice would have been the best thing that could have happened to the sharks in that scenario and it's exactly what King seems to think should have happened. Shortsightedness at its finest.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2334 The Lock

The Lock

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

And yet people are still talking, despite having nothing new to talk about.

Onto other news, I hear Luongo might get traded.
This thread was really just a figment of your imagination...

#2335 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:18 AM

LP

#2336 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:28 AM

That's just the thing. In Kings mind the right course of action is to do exactly what Thornton was wanting; get Henrik off his game and have him react. Taking Henrik off the ice would have been the best thing that could have happened to the sharks in that scenario and it's exactly what King seems to think should have happened. Shortsightedness at its finest.

Do you know who Joe Thornton is? He's pretty good. Arguably even more valuable to his team than Henrik is to his. This wouldn't be Ben Eager going to the penalty box with Henrik Sedin, it's Joe Thornton.

More support for my argument lies in the fact that 100% of you would tout Henrik's "fearlessness" and "leadership" had he have actually stood up for himself and engaged Thornton in a fight, like he should have.

#2337 Masamune

Masamune

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:44 AM

Do you know who Joe Thornton is? He's pretty good. Arguably even more valuable to his team than Henrik is to his. This wouldn't be Ben Eager going to the penalty box with Henrik Sedin, it's Joe Thornton.

More support for my argument lies in the fact that 100% of you would tout Henrik's "fearlessness" and "leadership" had he have actually stood up for himself and engaged Thornton in a fight, like he should have.

Joe Thornton is a guy who has never played in the Stanley Cup Finals. Go home.

#2338 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:06 AM

Joe Thornton is a guy who has never played in the Stanley Cup Finals. Go home.

And? He still has as many rings as anybody on the Canucks.

#2339 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:13 AM

Not much that I agree with you on but I do here. This isn't some school yard 'get along' exercise. It is establishing the mindset of being prepared to do what it takes to win. No one is suggesting that either Twin should be dropping the gloves. But neither should they stand and let another player pull that stunt. People were disgusted when Burrows bit Marchands finger but that was OK in my book. In Thorton's case I would give him the stick on the next shift (of course when the ref wasn't looking).

It is tough on the Twins because they haven't played hockey that way. It is only the last few years of their careers that they have had a serious shot at the CUP. This is new territory for them. A sign of their increased physical play was showing last season, particularly from Danny. Just prior to Keith's elbow Danny had laid a real nicce hit in the corner. It was more than a tap it was a solid hit.

#2340 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:54 AM

Who won that game? Who won that series? Yeah, shoulda done something different there for sure.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.