The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

For the love of god. I think we should just wait up til 3 years and trade schneider to the highest bidder. Til then we just showcase him to the non beleivers til one GM caves and gives us fair price for the next incredible goalie.

Not going to lie, at the end of the season it looked really bleak for us.

After the Garrison signing and drafting Gaunce we felt a bit better.

If Doan signs and we get a decent 3rd line difference maker or depth 5th dman or even both in the Luongo trade.

Well then I think we've improved even more than Minnesota.

Thoughts?

If Doan signs and we get a decent 3rd line difference maker or depth 5th dman or even both in the Luongo trade.

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Agreed. Gaunce and Jensen are looking like good picks. Doan would be the icing on the cake to a good offseason.Garrison was a very good pickup. (I saw him biking in Stanley Park today and he is a big man).

I'm hoping on a package with Lu for some young blue chip talent.

Stephen Weiss 2007-08 Florida Panthers NHL 74 13 29 42 40 14 -- -- -- -- -- 2008-09 Florida Panthers NHL 78 14 47 61 22 19 -- -- -- -- -- 2009-10 Florida Panthers NHL 80 28 32 60 40 -7 -- -- -- -- -- 2010-11 Florida Panthers NHL 76 21 28 49 49 -9 -- -- -- -- -- 2011-12 Florida Panthers NHL 80 20 37 57 60 5 7 3 2 5 6

If canucks can pry him from Florida, Canucks could possibly be over the top. Regardless if MG could find a way to sign Doan. I have seen Weiss play for a couple of years. He is extremely hard working, Plus for his first time in the playoffs he really preformed well.

Im thinking : Luongo + 2nd Round for Weiss + Theodore

I put Weiss on a second line wing basically because I feel that him a Kesler together could defiently be deadly, and plus having his former line mate Booth on the other would provide fire-power. Due to Keslers injury, he could be the fill in for him for the first couple of months till Kesler returns, then moving him (Weiss) to the wing. Lappy is totally underrated and I feel he could be strong and full of speed on the 3rd line with Hansen and Raymond. Higgins is one of my favourite players so demoting him to the fourth is questionable, even for me. but he has way more toughness then Raymond so he seems to be a better fit. Plus according to Capgeek it leaves 3 million left in cap which we can spend on resigning Edler for a couple more years.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Stephen Weiss ($3.100m)

Mason Raymond ($2.275m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m) / Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m) / Dale Weise ($0.615m)

DEFENSEMEN

Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Andrew Alberts ($1.225m)

Chris Tanev ($0.900m) /

GOALTENDERS

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

Jose Theodore ($1.500m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,035,000; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $3,165,000

I posted this in the proposal thread but felt it could be used here too. What you guys think?

In the other thread, it was rumoured that FLA just offered Matthias and a 2013 1st for Lu. I personally feel this is an underpayment.

If they added a second, I would be tempted.

Archived