Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2402 replies to this topic

#2401 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,832 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

How about the upgrades in Minnesota & Edmonton? How about Calgary adding a new coach, Wideman, and Hudler?

I wouldn't be so sure that the Canucks will be the powerhouse that they were the last two seasons, nor would I be so sure that Florida would be in the position that you're assuming they'll be in. And you've gotta think that if Florida is in a bad position at the deadline, one of the bottom spots in the conference, perhaps, they might well just concede to run with their youth - namely, Jakob Markstrom. See what he's got. If they really suck, what's 34 year-old Roberto Luongo going to do for them, anyway? He couldn't lead them to the playoffs at 25, what makes you think it'll happen a decade later? Wouldn't it make more sense for them to give a highly-touted guy like Markstrom a shot, to grow with their other influx of good young players?

What I seem to be the only one doing is looking at the transaction from the other side's perspective.

The upgrades in Minny and Edmonton will likely make things tougher for the Canucks. However, ihope that even you would understand how much easier it would be for a team that made the playoffs by a mere 5 points, and missed being the 8th seed by only 2 points, to fall out of a playoff spot than it would be for back-to-back Presidents Trophy winners.

Also, I wouldn't expect the Panthers to be at "the bottom of the conference". Not with the likes of the Isles, Leafs and Habs around. I would expect them to be fighting tooth and nail to finish with one of the top 8 point totals in the East. Considering they finished where they did on the strength of a ton of OTL points last year, I'd say they need all the help they can get.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#2402 Rhinogator

Rhinogator

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

King of ES, are your arguments so fragile that you need to pick out grammatical mistake in another's post to pump your tires a little? Com'on, those antics are for highschool students. Losing a debate sucks, however, you'll just get looked down upon if you don't admit your mistakes. Learn how adults discuss, before you vilify this post anymore than you already have.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2403 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,293 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

Newsflash; Joe Thornton is 6'4" and 40 lbs heavier than Henrik. Plus he's not a bad fighter.

It's a free invitation to a slaughter! There is no reason we would be asking Hank to do this as a badge of honour to red blooded males.

:sadno: :picard:

Why is this a conversation? I suppose you would fight Mike Tyson when he's being a dick?

No I'm not. I'm saying that he should've given it right back to him, like any red-blooded male should/would when being so blatantly disrespected by somebody else.

And to your earlier point, NO, San Jose wouldn't have exclusively gotten a PP, the ref almost definitely would've taken both. Joe Thornton would not have allowed Henrik Sedin to do that to him, so he would've retaliated. But, nice try.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.