The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best current fighter on the Canucks?

-Vintage Canuck-

Who do you guys think is the best fighter on the Canucks right now?  

302 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Except Greg DeVries isnt a fighter and close to the bottom of any Lbs for Lbs list.

Anyone who can't see the difference in competition between Bieksa and Kassian is a blind Bieksa lover. I love Juice hes one of my fav Canucks but hes not close to being a legit tough guy and Kassian has fought exclusively goons win or lose.

Mayers, Crombeen, and Voros are all bigger than Bieksa

Mayers

6'2" - Two inches taller than Bieksa

214 lbs - 8 pounds heaver than Bieksa

Crombeen

6'2" - Two inches taller than Bieksa

210 lbs - 4 pounds heavier than Bieksa

Aaron Voros

6'4" - FOUR inches taller than Bieksa

215 lbs - 9 pound heaver than Bieksa

On the Voros fight, according to a poll on hockeyfights.com, Bieksa didn't just win the fight. He owned the fight. The results say that 99.3% of voters picked Bieksa as the winner.

Mayers has fought over 10 times every season for the last 4 seasons. I'd say he's a regular.

Over the last two years Mayers has fought 23 times. During only 4 of those was he voted the loser. Last year of his 11 fights, he was voted the loser only once, and guess who beat him. Bieksa.

Crombeen had seasons of 17 and 18 fights before having "only" 9 this year because of an injury shortened season. He's even more of a regular.

Of his 9 fights last year, 6 of them were fights in which he was voted the winner.

Of his 17 fights in 2010-11, he was voted the loser in just TWO of his fights.

So, if Bieksa picks his spots, he's picking the hard ones.

are you smoking crack.....you must belong to the blind bieksa haters... greg devries has over 30 nhl fights...he has fought mcsorley shanny...freaken rick tocchet.. and kelly chase....but in no shape or form am i a greg de veries fan but pull your thumb out... give the guy some credit where credit is due...man..

OK?

The only legit fighter on your list is Mayers. Which is why I said he RARELY fights actual fighters, not never.

Last year Bieksa fought only FOUR times vs

Dubinksy

Mayers (actual fighter)

Kostopoulos (marginal occassional scrapper at best)

Nick Johnson

Also, the last time he fought Crombeen was over 3 years ago...which just shows how hard you had to look to find a decent opponent.

This is what happens when he takes on someone with some skills in this trade:

What do you consider legitamate fighter? Guys who fight a lot? or guys like Jon Scott? Bieksa might fight skilled guys, but he is a skilled player too, it wouldn't make sense for him to sit in the box for 5 minutes with another teams 4th liner. I think if you look at his resume, you'll see that the as he has become a major contributer to the team, he is less willing to fight guys with lesser skill set. Is that picking his spots? yeah it is, but he would be a dumbass if he didn't.

or this

and don't even try to say voros isn't a fighter...or i know you will say he is not a very good one...fill you boots mate..

you say it like he has to fight crombeen every time they play the blues.?? bieksa is not a fighter in the sense that that is not his job...that is not what he gets paid to do... ya he is by far one of the toughest guys on our team there is no denying this.. bieksa has not and will never be one of those..."meet you a centre" players... so to say he picks his fights.. i have never seen him back down... bieksa is a you piss me off i will smash your face fighters..

might as well have this up for comparison.

Just because Kassian lost against Staubitz (legit lower echelon heavy weight) doesn't mean he is worse than Bieksa. Did you not see his bouts against Sestito and Martin (two big, experienced fighters?).

Bieksa usually beats up non fights and goes 50-50 with middle weight scrappers. Heck he even lost a fight against Kostopolous once and he probably has the worst fight record in NHL history. I'm not saying he can't chuck em but I'd like to see him win against a guy like Jackman, Boll etc

Kassian >> Volpatti > Bieksa >>> everybody else

OK?

The only legit fighter on your list is Mayers. Which is why I said he RARELY fights actual fighters, not never.

Last year Bieksa fought only FOUR times vs

Dubinksy

Mayers (actual fighter)

Kostopoulos (marginal occassional scrapper at best)

Nick Johnson

Also, the last time he fought Crombeen was over 3 years ago...which just shows how hard you had to look to find a decent opponent.

This is what happens when he takes on someone with some skills in this trade:

Archived