The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best current fighter on the Canucks?

-Vintage Canuck-

Who do you guys think is the best fighter on the Canucks right now?  

302 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think fighting is on the way out in the NHL. The players have turned into men and eveyone now realizes you don't get any points for fighting and grown men are not scared of getting into a fight, let alone one on skates. However, it's still in the rules and we could use someone that knows how to fight.

We must be the weakest team in the league in that category.

My first thought was Bieksa for obvious reasons, but then I decided on Burrows. Bieksa will come at you straight on and beat your a**. Burrows, on the other hand, is scrappy as h*ll and you never know what he might do. Just ask Duncan Keith. :)

Mayers, Crombeen, and Voros are all bigger than Bieksa

Mayers

6'2" - Two inches taller than Bieksa

214 lbs - 8 pounds heaver than Bieksa

Crombeen

6'2" - Two inches taller than Bieksa

210 lbs - 4 pounds heavier than Bieksa

Aaron Voros

6'4" - FOUR inches taller than Bieksa

215 lbs - 9 pound heaver than Bieksa

On the Voros fight, according to a poll on hockeyfights.com, Bieksa didn't just win the fight. He owned the fight. The results say that 99.3% of voters picked Bieksa as the winner.

Mayers has fought over 10 times every season for the last 4 seasons. I'd say he's a regular.

Over the last two years Mayers has fought 23 times. During only 4 of those was he voted the loser. Last year of his 11 fights, he was voted the loser only once, and guess who beat him. Bieksa.

Crombeen had seasons of 17 and 18 fights before having "only" 9 this year because of an injury shortened season. He's even more of a regular.

Of his 9 fights last year, 6 of them were fights in which he was voted the winner.

Of his 17 fights in 2010-11, he was voted the loser in just TWO of his fights.

So, if Bieksa picks his spots, he's picking the hard ones.

Guest gumballthechewy

He could be a similar player to Lucic but will probably never be quite as good in either fighting or putting up points IMO. Kind of a poor man's Lucic.

Best? Easily Bieksa!

Most feared? Harder to say, probably Volpatti as he has some size and has taken on & beat at least one established true heavyweight enforcer. Bieksa does not have that size, and we no longer want him in that position!

Kassian looks like he knows how to take a punch is the most i"ll offer at this point...

Guest gumballthechewy

Sean William Scott!

Or at lest he would be if he was on the team.

Come on MG! Sign him, and give him number 69!

Im not sure if its been said, but you guys dont give ballard enough credit. Hes a pretty good fighter, he dropped some ppl hard last year and bieksa usually loses or ties or starts hugging the guy.

Bieksa is the best current fighter on the Canucks, and that is sad. Why didn't mgt go after Tootoo,Paros,Prust or any of the other fourth line tough guys that were available. The Bruins and Kings both manhandled the Canucks the last two years, mgt needs to rethink their idea of team toughness.

You honestly think Bieksa doesnt get throttled by Kassian in a scrap? Sure Kassian lost in the one fight he had here. To Brad freaking Staubitz who Bieksa wont even look at.

It never ceases to amaze me how little people understand about the fight world in hockey. Kassian is a different caliber of fighter than anyone on the roster. Just look at his fight card compared to Bieksa. There's no Patrick Marleau's on his record. Just guys like Staubitz and Sestito etc...

Archived