The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TORONTO: Strip Clubs set to recruit high-school girls

key2thecup

Wow, there's some pretty judgmental comments in here about strippers.

But as they're coming from guys, I'm not surprised as really, all a stripper is to some of you is a brainless piece of meat worthy only to be ogled and groped by guys who then go home to their wives and girlfriends pretending to be Mr. Clean, right? <_<

Would you mind explaining the bolded part in a little more depth? Who are you referring to? The two women in the article or high school girls in general who would be looking to make money for college or university.

someone screwed up if they are stripping to pay for an education. either parents or other people involved in these girls upbringing. i'm not saying the girls are at fault, but the adults in their lives.

if i had a daughter and she needed to strip to go to school...that means i f--ed up somewhere along the line.

Not really, you just made up an imaginary scenario. Though truth be told, one that it's not all that hard to see being reality. Cuts both ways though. There are male strippers as well and the females are way more out of control in their presence then the men are in the presence of women strippers.

Not really, you just made up an imaginary scenario. Though truth be told, one that it's not all that hard to see being reality. Cuts both ways though. There are male strippers as well and the females are way more out of control in their presence then the men are in the presence of women strippers.

Because parents couldn't pay for higher education? Or is it because once a girl becomes an adult she can make her own decisions regardless of how she was brought up? I would love to meet one single person who has never done anything against their parent's teachings from childhood.

I have known many strippers - a couple were stripping to pay for med school, a few to pay the bills and go to community college, some to put food on the table for their children because a husband/baby daddy decided not to step up to the plate and skipped town. It's fast, easy and simple money for some who have other obligations and cannot work a full time job. For some, it's the only job they are 'qualified' for.

As in every occupation, there are bad apples, but to generalize an entire group of women who do exotic dancing for a living isn't fair.Or right.

No parent would be thrilled to have their teenage daughter stripping, I absolutely get that. I know I wouldn't like it. But the fact is, many girls/women do, and they're not all whores, they're not all skanks, and they most certainly aren't all brainless.

i know many, many girls/women that work (not stripping) and go to school. also, they have student loans. i should know, i maxed em out in university.

never once did i say these girls are skanks or whores. or brainless, or bad apples...where did u get all that from? lol

generalize what? all i said was they shouldn't have to strip to pay for their education.

Quite the contrary, I can assure you.

What I despise are boys/men with the self-justified attitude of feeling free to call all strippers brainless, skanks, whores, etc. Immature men/boys who have no problem going to watch strippers and ogle and grope them and then go home to wives/girlfriends/partners all sanctimonious and holier-than-thou about the women who have just entertained them. Hypocrites, every last one of them.

And as per the topic of this thread....

High schools should be off limits for recruiting. Colleges and universities are a different story altogether as these students are obviously on their own, having left home to make their own way in life.

Archived