Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

(Proposal) VAN-FLA

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,843 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:14 PM

To VAN:

Quinton Howden
Kris Versteeg
Scott Clemmensen

To FLA:

Roberto Luongo
Mason Raymond

Vancouver gets a good prospect, a top 6 forward and a solid backup for Schneids

Florida gets a top 5 goalie and a speedy winger

Thoughts?

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#2 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:17 PM

Sure, lets get er done.

#3 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,599 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:24 PM

Eh, not a big fan of Versteeg coming here.

zackass.png

#4 Super_Canuck

Super_Canuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:31 PM

how about Luongo + Raymond for Stephen Weiss, Theodore and a 2nd round pick? That would give us a very good second line of Booth-Weiss-Kesler and a proven NHL goalie to back up Schneids.

I don't think FLA is giving up any of its good prospects like Howden, Bjugstad, Huberdeau or Gudbranson like some are suggesting.

#5 PaulKariyaALH

PaulKariyaALH

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:31 PM

Remove Clemmensen, add Wesley Myron, and i'd do it.

#6 CHodgson9

CHodgson9

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:33 PM

I'd rather have Luongo. If we aren't getting a fair return for a top-5 NHL goalie, there is less harm in tying up 9 million on goalies with an increase in the cap if we guarantee solid goaltending throughout the season/playoffs.

Timing is key with this trade. If a team in need of a bona fide #1 is in a big slide to start the year, willingness to do something dramatically changes.
"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Mahatma Ghandi

#7 hockeyfan90

hockeyfan90

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:38 PM

I'd rather have Luongo. If we aren't getting a fair return for a top-5 NHL goalie, there is less harm in tying up 9 million on goalies with an increase in the cap if we guarantee solid goaltending throughout the season/playoffs.

Timing is key with this trade. If a team in need of a bona fide #1 is in a big slide to start the year, willingness to do something dramatically changes.

^^^^^THIS^^^^ Exactly! Why not go into the season with both goalies and whenever a team is doing poorly or declining due to goalie reason (which will bound to happen), that's the moment to trade Luongo and we're guaranteed to get a decent. That goes with saying that if MG gets the right deal/ deal he is looking for Luongo before the season starts, them I'm for it.

#8 shadowgoon

shadowgoon

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:45 PM

^^^^^THIS^^^^ Exactly! Why not go into the season with both goalies and whenever a team is doing poorly or declining due to goalie reason (which will bound to happen), that's the moment to trade Luongo and we're guaranteed to get a decent. That goes with saying that if MG gets the right deal/ deal he is looking for Luongo before the season starts, them I'm for it.

Because to bring Luongo back onto this team after everything that has happened is guaranteed to result in only 1 thing: A field day by the media and an absolute gong show of epic proportion. After everything that has been said (by Luongo), for Gillis to bring him back would be nothing but detrimental to the TEAM.

Luongo has shown his colors, and they are not Blue Green and White. Luongo should have kept his mouth shut, if he wanted off the team he should have said so to management and not run his mouth off to the media (twice).

Also, why couldn't this be in any one of the bazillion Luongo trade proposal threads? Are people really so lazy that they can't read through pages of regurgitation and instead feel the need to up the OP count on this forum?

#9 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:46 PM

Bjugstad instead of Howden and I'd take it.

Jagermeister.jpg

#10 Super_Canuck

Super_Canuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:49 PM

As sad as it would make me, 'cause I am a Lui fan and think he's the best goalie we've ever had, I think it's crucial to trade him before the season starts. If you have both goalies at the start of the season, the media is going to create an absolute circus in that locker room. Everyone knows Lui doesn't want to be here and every player will be asked about Luongo everyday. There would be so much speculation about whether Lu is happy or not, is he getting along with everyone or not. All the distractions would be detrimental to the team and could derail our season.

I think it would especially harm Schneider who would be asked more Lu questions then anyone and that might hinder Corey's success aswell. Like Luongo said, it's time to move on

Edited by Super_Canuck, 22 July 2012 - 10:50 PM.

#11 PaulKariyaALH

PaulKariyaALH

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:55 PM

Bjugstad instead of Howden and I'd take it.

Bjugstad alone is worth more than Luongo + Raymond...

#12 Philipp0130

Philipp0130

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:02 PM

Good proposal its realistic but this deal would depend on who florida wants to give up theodore or clemmenson because one would likely be needed in the trade unless we sign a ufa or let lack come up or could trade one of the 2 to toronto or chicago etc.

Edited by Philipp0130, 22 July 2012 - 11:06 PM.

Posted Image

#13 Alex the Great

Alex the Great

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:28 PM

No my good sir, Wesley Myron is worth more than Luongo + Raymond.

:bigblush:

Edited by Pekka Rinne, 22 July 2012 - 11:29 PM.

105uyog.jpg

Thanks to KhalifaWiz for the incredible sig!

#14 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,156 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:36 PM

I don't think Versteeg is the answer for our scoring woes. I'd prefer to not get him.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#15 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,215 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:42 AM

Remove Howden and Versteeg and replace with Weiss and Skille (For 4th line grit) Possibly a 2nd rd'er as well.
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#16 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:45 PM

Not bad but i think we could get a bit more than that for lui
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#17 mrsasaki

mrsasaki

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:51 AM

how about Luongo + Raymond for Stephen Weiss, Theodore and a 2nd round pick? That would give us a very good second line of Booth-Weiss-Kesler and a proven NHL goalie to back up Schneids.

I don't think FLA is giving up any of its good prospects like Howden, Bjugstad, Huberdeau or Gudbranson like some are suggesting.

Don't think Florida would give up their franchise leader in games, assists and points.

#18 gwarrior

gwarrior

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:09 PM

florida wont move any of their top prospects for luongo. lets face facts, we ARE going to get screwed in any luongo trade, lets just hope we dont get screwed as bad as columbus did.

#19 PaulKariyaALH

PaulKariyaALH

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:11 PM

Don't think Florida would give up their franchise leader in games, assists and points.

Especially for an aging declining goalie who is signed for 10 more years.

#20 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,436 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:11 PM

Nobody is buying into your troll.

#21 PaulKariyaALH

PaulKariyaALH

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:27 PM

Nobody is buying into your troll.

Yeah, except Raymond has no value, and most Florida fans wouldn't trade Bjugstad for Luongo

#22 underrated

underrated

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:31 PM

What about Luongo, Ballard for Campbell, Markstrom?

The Canucks get rid of two big contracts and get one in return. Campbell was Garrison's partner last year and played great together. Markstrom backs up Schneider and has potential to be a great goalie a few years down the road so we can groom to trade.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.