The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] - Rick Nash to Rangers

I honestly believe it would have been worth it. The team could have replaced Hansen and Raymond, as Jensen, Schroeder, and Kassian appear to perhaps be capable of playing third-line minutes this year. In addition, the loss of Tanev would have been minor in comparison to the acquisition of Nash; we still would have had two months to pursue another third-pairing defenseman.

my thoughts exactly.

At least in terms of skilled depth the Jackets got more of it but they lost their top player. However, if Bob and Mason can stand on their head in head and play better (or if they acquired someone better) they could still be in business, as their depth really isn't too bad now, though in terms of top end quality they would surely be lacking.

Dubinsky - Johansen - Umberger

Foligno - Brassard - Atkinson

Prospal - Anisimov - Dorsett

value wise it looks good.

Blue Jackets lost big time.

Though you can play the number games with 2 players totals vs Rich Nash's totals, you have to understand that one franchise player who is your clutch player cannot simply be replaced by regular 60 point players.

Rick Nash is easily captain for Team Canada.

Rick Nash is easily 1st line power foward.

Rick Nash is easily #1 for being finesse player.

You cannot, absolutely cannot view this trade equal for both parties. Congrats to NYR for winning the lottery.

Guest Dasein

Flip Erixon with Del Zotto, or Anisimov with Stepan, and the deal would be respectable. But the actual deal as is is a steal for the Rangers...

On a side note, how funny is the Tim Erixon situation? Without having played a single game in the NHL, the kid thinks he's better than everybody and basically forces Calgary - who pretty much guaranteed him an NHL roster spot - to trade him to the team he wanted to play for - the Rangers.

Now, after toiling a year in the AHL because of the Rangers' defensive depth, he's traded to Columbus.

Karma's a b*^#$ young man hahaha!

Na I think Columbus did well 7.5 million for a guy that's never got 80 pts I'd be happy to get him off my team.Dollars per point Nash is a very bad player.

at 7.5 m Nash gets about $94,936 per point best on his best ever year at 79 pts. Claude Giroux about 40,000 Malkin <109 pts> about 70,000

For player that will not get better now because of age and Contract .Columbus is way better to get two 40pt player balance out the team.

Numbers are not ever everything but there is some truth to them.

Ya it seems everyone thinks he's amazing cause of the contract he was given.It's like kids running into a music store gazing at the $7000 Gibson les paul.Yet half the other guitars for less play twice as good.In this day and age people still get sucked into marketing and jumping on bandwagons about people and items it's quite funny.

Flip Erixon with Del Zotto, or Anisimov with Stepan, and the deal would be respectable. But the actual deal as is is a steal for the Rangers...

On a side note, how funny is the Tim Erixon situation? Without having played a single game in the NHL, the kid thinks he's better than everybody and basically forces Calgary - who pretty much guaranteed him an NHL roster spot - to trade him to the team he wanted to play for - the Rangers.

Now, after toiling a year in the AHL because of the Rangers' defensive depth, he's traded to Columbus.

Karma's a b*^#$ young man hahaha!

Archived