Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LUU4LIFE

[Trade] - Rick Nash to Rangers

381 posts in this topic

The league should block this trade ala Chris Paul. What a joke. New York had so many better prospects who shoulda been expendable. Maybe Howson thinks guys can emerge playing in bigger roles. I kinda wish Gilly went after Nash after seeing this return. Schneider plus a little bit for Nash woulda been nice.

Y IS GILLIS ON TEAM 1040, SHUD HAS BEEN TRADE 4 NASH

Jay Onrait@JayOnrait

Come out of your basements and admit defeat webmasters! RT @DownGoesBrown: None of the anonymous insiders have Rick Nash news in their feeds

Hahahaha brilliant!

What a steal for the Rangers. If THAT is the huge price Columbus was asking for Nash, I don't know what to think.

he really had no bargaining power nash wanted out and im sure ownership pressured him to pull the trigger

'OMG GILLIS YOU FAILED!'

Rangers and Flyers own every off-season it seems. Good thing those small market teams are still around to be NHL farm clubs for the big markets. At least those two big markets.

We are going to WRECK the central division this year. Surprised that Columbus didn't go after a goaltending prospect, defense and goaltending are the best places to start a rebuild. Trading away your best player for Rangers depth players and a prospect is not going to help your situation.

Rangers just stole Nash, I didn't think the GM of the Rangers had anything left in him but he proved me wrong.

@Aportzline

#CBJ also sending 3rd pick and minor-league defenseman to #NYR in Nash trade. Told defenseman is not David Savard.

Apparently, fans in Columbus are not as upset as many of us would tend to believe.

Brandon Sutter, a 8th overall pick, and a College Developed 2nd round D-man.

I'm sure Pitt would have given that offer for Nash.

Anisimov - Big center with ability to play on the wing, in his prime. Fills the need for a center spot or the need to replace a big winger. (Not a Nash replacement of course, but adds size back into the lineup)

Dubinsky - Good two-way centerman who can play wing and in his prime. Wanted this guy on the Canucks personally at one point. 40-50 point player when healthy.

Erixon - Young big minute dman who adds a ton to the future of the CLB d-corps, especially if paired with Murray.

1st.....could be used as a tradeable asset or one to move up in next years draft or used to select a targeted player....so many possibilities here.....

It's not that bad of a trade actually. The points from Nash will be replaced, and they get a bunch more solid depth spead out over the team.

From the value of those players. It would be Booth, 1st round pick, Jensen and Connauton straight up for nash.

Wow, Columbus got fleeced.

They could had Raymond, Ballard, and a 1st for Nash, maybe even a bluechip prospect like Prab Rai, or Tochkin.

:bigblush:

Big Canadian winger > big Russian, Swedish defenseman, American winger.

The thing that people don't pay attention to is this - they weren't going to get a "star" player in return because most star players have NTC/NMC and what star with the right to veto a trade destination would say "YES" to going to Columbus?

Howson could only realistically get 2nd line caliber players, prospects, and picks. I do wonder what the Bruins were offering though, as it seems they would have had plenty of decent forwards to offer...