The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] - Rick Nash to Rangers

People are saying that CBJ didn't get shortchanged because Nash is overrated and on the decline

Well next season he'll be on a Cup-contending team so there will be no more excuses for him. Let's see if he plays to potential or fizzles out. That's what will really determine who won this trade.

Only thing I can think is maybe the NYR said they would walk away if a deal wasnt done and no other team was interested for what CBJ wanted.One thing is CBJ got depth but nothing more.I would not have made this trade , or would have asked for another 1st round and a 3rd or 4th to be added cause you never know how drafted players will play if they make the NHL!

Wow. On top of getting hosed, Columbus also had to send a 3rd round pick? unreal. That being, said, Columbus got what I expected to get back in a package. 7.8 million for a guy who averages 60 points, is somewhat overrated. They got a top 6 foward, a grinding foward, a 1st round pick and a blue chip prospect, Columbus didn't do that bad if you ask me. Of course they didn't win, as they are probably not expected too. I am expecting Gillis to get a similar package in return for Luongo.

Columbus is probably a better all around team now. The problem is, they need some kind of superstar to attract fans, which they did not get in this trade.

New York arguably got the better side of this deal but the team being forced to trade a player is always at a disadvantage.

2005/11/30                            Boston Bruins traded Joe Thornton to the San Jose Sharks for Marco Sturm, Brad Stuart and Wayne Primeau.            

Boston traded a 100 point man for about the same overall quality...

Archived