Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Trade] - Rick Nash to Rangers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
380 replies to this topic

#301 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:21 PM

Edited by Sharpshooter, 23 July 2012 - 03:21 PM.

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#302 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:22 PM

How is it best to trade a superstar to your rival when they already have two of the best forwards in the game?? How is that supposed to help you?? A trade to DET would be like VAN trading Luongo to EDM. That would just be stupid. Look, in your world, it might make sense...in the real hockey world almost no one makes that kind of deal within their own division. Name me one team since the lockout that has dealt a major star within it's own specific division....and then when you can't do that....think about why.

Anyways, just stop, the more you defend Nash to Detroit from CLB's point of view, the more you make it clear that you don't know what you're talking about.

Steve Staios going from Calgary to Edmonton?

:emot-parrot:

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#303 Ronning4center

Ronning4center

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

man...our team sucks...

#304 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

Raymond + Ballard + 1st is nearly comparable. Throw in Tanev and call it a deal.
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#305 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:25 PM

Exactly, why would they take an inferior offer to one they had two weeks ago? Howson has been waiting this whole time to get the best deal, what's changed in the last two weeks to make NYR decrease their offer? Why would Howson cave now? That's what makes no sense.

This guy also provides no new information. These are players that have been rumoured to be offered for months and months. He re-packages reports from other people and passes them off as his own.

Did you see his tweets about the "comprising pictures" he had of Dreger? Then he tweeted this photo:

https://twitter.com/...er.com/zi9gAyti

Which is clearly a photo of his avatar taped to a monitor. C'mon man. Don't fall for this clown's crap.

Ok I see your point now, sorry I thought you meant something else before. That's the first time I've seen that pic, and that's just stupid if he's trying to pass that off as legit haha. I'll be a bit more cautious with his sources and see if I can catch him on stuff.

All in all, I think Howson should have grabbed Del Zotto and Erixon, he probably could have gotten away with it if he sent someone else back.
Posted Image

#306 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:25 PM

Steve Staios going from Calgary to Edmonton?

:emot-parrot:

;)

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#307 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:26 PM

man...our team sucks...

Nope, just some of their 'fans', apparently.

#308 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

Raymond + Ballard + 1st is nearly comparable. Throw in Tanev and call it a deal.

Well, the obvious problem in that was that Howson specifically said he was looking for roster FORWARDS, and Ballard isn't a forward...

#309 awalk

awalk

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,117 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

Very strange... I wonder if Nash really pushed Howsen to hurry up and get something done. Not sure why Howsen changed his tune within a matter of weeks. Poor Columbus...

#310 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

This just in:

Rick Nash to NYR in exchange for CBJ to the AHL.

lolololol

Edited by Jai604, 23 July 2012 - 03:41 PM.

RIP LB RR PD

#311 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,004 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:39 PM

Nash - Richards - Gaborik..... jeez...
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#312 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,426 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:42 PM

Rangers still have enough cap to re-sign Del Zotto and make a pitch for Doan too. :(

KcJJSvD.jpg

Put Gino in the ROH

#313 terrible.dee

terrible.dee

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,190 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

Sather is playing the banjo

Howson has a "Real purty mouth"

#314 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,875 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:02 PM

IIRC at the time he was traded it was known that he wouldn't sign with Calgary and we would have been a UFA in a couple weeks, a la Justin Schultz.  It was also said that he wanted to play for NY, I think his dad has some connection with the Rangers.

Erixon wouldn't have been a UFA - he would have re-entered the draft. Had he done so, most were speculating that he'd be a top-10 pick, perhaps even top-5. Him and his agent liked the teams with those picks more than Calgary, so they said they were perfectly OK letting him re-enter.

His dad played for the Rangers for many years, so he said he'd like to go there, and would sign there if traded. He basically forced Calgary's hand to get his way. So him ending up in CBJ is some pretty sweet justice.
Posted Image

#315 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:06 PM

Erixon wouldn't have been a UFA - he would have re-entered the draft. Had he done so, most were speculating that he'd be a top-10 pick, perhaps even top-5. Him and his agent liked the teams with those picks more than Calgary, so they said they were perfectly OK letting him re-enter.

His dad played for the Rangers for many years, so he said he'd like to go there, and would sign there if traded. He basically forced Calgary's hand to get his way. So him ending up in CBJ is some pretty sweet justice.

Well said B)

Karma strikes again!

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#316 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,426 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:06 PM

He'll play in the playoffs sooner in Columbus than in Calgary.

KcJJSvD.jpg

Put Gino in the ROH

#317 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:07 PM

Rangers still have enough cap to re-sign Del Zotto and make a pitch for Doan too. :(

That's the real scary part..mofo's still got $7 mill in cap somehow

Posted Image

"You know what my favourite Super Bowl is? The next one."

- Tom Brady

#318 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:07 PM

I think CBJ got some good pieces:

- NYR best prospect - Erixon
- Roster players (Top 6 forward) - Anisimov
- Roster player (shutdown centre to replace Pahlsson) - Dubinsky
- 1st rounder

Not a bad deal, Dub/Ani both have wicked underlying numbers and will get more icetime in CBJ.

I think this helps a Luongo trade, if reported asking price is true (top prospect, roster player, 1st round pick). CBJ got all of that + another roster player.

#319 NucksBruins

NucksBruins

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:14 PM

So Howson will be gone by November then? They lost a 40 goal scorer and the combined return might not score 40 this season. Anisimov was brutal every time I saw him in the playoffs. Dubinsky is a good forward, a tad expensive. They didn't even save money in this trade...
Posted Image

#320 hyflyin

hyflyin

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:16 PM

End

#321 Patrick Kane

Patrick Kane

Assistant to Regional Manager

• Members
  • 14,314 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:19 PM

Dubinsky - Johansen - Umberger
Anisimov - Brassard - Atkinson
Foligno - Prospal - Dorsett
Letestu - MacKenzie - Boll

Tyutin - Nikitin
Wisniewski - J.Johnson
Aucoin - Murray
Erixon

Bobrvosky
Mason

Columbus somewhat has depth now, but no top-end talent.

You will be missed.

#322 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,307 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:22 PM

Dubinsky - Johansen - Umberger
Anisimov - Brassard - Atkinson
Foligno - Prospal - Dorsett
Letestu - MacKenzie - Boll

Tyutin - Nikitin
Wisniewski - J.Johnson
Aucoin - Murray
Erixon

Bobrvosky
Mason

Columbus somewhat has depth now, but no top-end talent.

But they do have 3 first round picks now; and starting to stock up on young D with Johnson, Murray, Moore, Erixon.
Posted Image

#323 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,356 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:22 PM

Ugh, one of my favourite players going to a team I loathe.

f9mgqu.png

#324 D.Doughty

D.Doughty

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:29 PM

Howsen is a joke...

#325 LanghorneslimRules

LanghorneslimRules

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:51 PM

Howsen is a joke...

Yes he is! Yet you have to realize that every GM knows Nash would never had reported to training camp, he hates cbj. You can wait and wait and never get anything better. I do not know this for a fact, but it seemed New York was pretty much the only place nash wanted to go and also he did not want to play in Canada. Dubby once potted 54 he can hit 50 again and maybe 60, Erixon is going to be soild and Artem will pot 50 points in cbj too. Two dudes chipping in at 50 not bad. Nash will break 80 in new york and it works out to be an okay deal.

Edited by LanghorneslimRules, 23 July 2012 - 04:51 PM.

#326 Sergei Shirokov

Sergei Shirokov

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

Erixon is a pretty underrated defensemen aroud here. He was probably a top 3 defensemen in the AHL last year.

I dunno, I dont think CLB got fleeced that much.

Rick Nash is a good player, but he's not worth 7.8 million / year. CLB overpayed his salary so he would play in columbus.

#327 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 70,043 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:58 PM

Brandon Dubinsky tells Dispatch: "It's one of those things where I knew if it was going to happen, I'd be a part of it."
"But even if you expect it, you're still kind of shocked. For me, it's the first time I've ever been traded. It's a tough day."
"But I'm already looking forward. My focus is going to be on helping my new team win games. I'm not going to be looking back ..."
Dubinsky will be in Columbus on Wednesday for a physical. Standard procedure in trades.
Dubinsky got married earlier this summer. He and his wife acknowledged initial delight at the housing market in Columbus. "Unbelievable."

Per Aaron Portzline

307mg00.jpg

#328 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,379 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:09 PM

I think CBJ got some good pieces:

- NYR best prospect - Erixon
- Roster players (Top 6 forward) - Anisimov
- Roster player (shutdown centre to replace Pahlsson) - Dubinsky
- 1st rounder

Not a bad deal, Dub/Ani both have wicked underlying numbers and will get more icetime in CBJ.

I think this helps a Luongo trade, if reported asking price is true (top prospect, roster player, 1st round pick). CBJ got all of that + another roster player.

Chris Kreider is their best prospect.

Subbancopy.jpg

#329 Barry_Wilkins

Barry_Wilkins

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

7.8 million per for a winger (least important position) who's averaged 61 points a year in his first 9 years isn't someone I would have ever wanted in Vancouver.

Howson had his hands tied. Nash had a very limited list of teams he was interested in going to. And no team can easily take on that kind of salary. The "Howson got fleeced" crowd seem to think that a star needed to be coming back to the Jackets. But CBJ is still light years from contending. A star to boost their chances to contender would have made sense if they were a moderately good team already, but that's not the case. They needed multiple good players and picks to fill many holes. Seems like CBJ did OK, though a higher first from some team would have been a bit easier for the CBJ fans to take.

#330 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,109 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:17 PM

Mobile
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.