The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler possibly ready for season opener?

MistuhMan

Gillis was on air with a ton of listeners including potentially other teams. There is no way he announces one of our star forwards is anything except on or ahead of schedule. I would take this information with a grain of salt and imagine we won't see him for the first couple weeks of the season as we originally expected. We can't afford to make the same mistake with him as last season by bringing him back to early. (Speculative)

I sometimes think this team is putting too much focus on winning in the regular season and not enough on winning in the playoffs.

President's trophies are nice, but fans in this town want a cup.

Not having Kesler ready for the beginning of the season isn't the end of the world. Of course he's going to try and be ahead of schedule, just make sure that he actually is.

I have to wonder if Kesler's poor season last year was due to him coming back too early, or this injury that he only got looked at after the playoffs. Probably some kind of combination of both reasons, plus no offseason. Not liking the fact that he misses this offseason too.. that's a lot of training time missed over the last couple of years. Look for him to be underperforming again this season regardless of when he comes back, I think.

Archived