The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olympic Women's Soccer

ckamo

The Canadians need a result against Sweden. finishing second gives them a much better match-up in the knockout stage.

Not to be overly critical, but this team has a history of underperforming in important situations. It's time they went out and surprised us all in a good way...

Agreed. Hopefully the World Cup loss prepared them better and they'll be ready and play up to potential here

Amazing comeback this morning to draw Sweden 2-2 and advance to the quarters!

This is the "gutsiest" performance I have ever seen by the Canadian Women's footy team. They needed a result and, after a crape start, went out and got it. Truly, the girls were unlucky not to win.

We have to wait until the end of the day to see who is next for Team Canada.

Great match, Ladies!

:towel::canucks:

Yep. It would have been easy to fold up their tents as they did in the WC...

Well done!

Edit: On another note, that's four goals for Tancredi. Early candidate for Golden Boot? How long before CS decides that Melissa is stealing her thunder and makes the opposition pay? ;) 

We are playing Great Britain in the Quarters. Should be interesting, though it had come down to either them or Brazil, and I'd rather risk having the crowd against our ladies than watch Brazil dive their way to a win.

It's hard to say because this isn't a team that we usually see on the international stage. The team is mostly English, but there are a handful of Scots (although I do believe some of the best Scottish players refused to play for a unified team).

What worries me though (albeit I didn't watch the match today) is the Britain was able to contain Brazil's offense. Tancredi will really have to keep up her great play because if Britain was able to handle Marta, they'll likely do well with Sinclair.

I'm gonna do some more digging on this team (aka ask some people who will know more).

It's hard to say because this isn't a team that we usually see on the international stage. The team is mostly English, but there are a handful of Scots (although I do believe some of the best Scottish players refused to play for a unified team).

What worries me though (albeit I didn't watch the match today) is the Britain was able to contain Brazil's offense. Tancredi will really have to keep up her great play because if Britain was able to handle Marta, they'll likely do well with Sinclair.

I'm gonna do some more digging on this team (aka ask some people who will know more).

Amazing comeback this morning to draw Sweden 2-2 and advance to the quarters!

This is the "gutsiest" performance I have ever seen by the Canadian Women's footy team. They needed a result and, after a crape start, went out and got it. Truly, the girls were unlucky not to win.

We have to wait until the end of the day to see who is next for Team Canada.

Great match, Ladies!

:towel::canucks:

honestly, they should have been up 2-0 before sweden even scored. What should have been a simple running deflection and a easy open net goal, ended up in a complete miss, and a soft tap, allowing the defender to clear the goal. and if Canada was up 2-0 they would have played more defensive and those goals by sweden wouldn't have been so easy to get. i love how none of the goals by canada came off a foot though, that flying knee and accidental shoulder was awesome.

Huge win!

2 great goals by Canada and they were brilliant in defending the lead in the 2nd half. Barely gave GB any room. They marked their checks perfectly.

The next game against the US will be a massive test. Hopefully the qualifying tourney will have given us enough experience to make a match of it.

So proud of Sincy and Co.

Keep er rolling ladies!

Archived